Stipe Broke the Instant Rematch Curse

Senzo Tanaka

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
Stipe is the first person in UFC to lose a title by getting finished and winning the instant rematch. Also worth noting that Cormier and AKA are absolutely cursed in California.

DC got finished by Jones in the same building while Cain and Rockhold both lost their title there.

Things that make you go hmmm.

Stipe is the first person in UFC to lose a title by getting finished and winning the instant rematch. Also worth noting that Cormier and AKA are absolutely cursed in California.

DC got finished by Jones in the same building while Cain and Rockhold both lost their title there.

Nope DC broke it by getting cocky in a fight that he was easily winning.

tumblr_mmd8ahfDkk1rp6kgko7_400.gif

giphy-downsized-large.gif

The finish is questionable but......
Randy Couture.

You have to give the guy credit. He was absolutely convinced he would win the rematch, more than ive probably ever seen... and he did.

The Cleveland Curse, one so fabled they made a documentary about it...that aired the day Stipe broke it.

The Heavyweight Curse, that seemingly doomed the champs of the organization's oldest category to never defend their belt more than 2 times in a row. Stipe broke it by soundly defeating the beast people were already claiming to be the one destined to break it.

Instant Rematch Curse? Stipe says "Hold my Modelo."

Cursebreaker bless.

The Cleveland Curse, one so fabled they made a documentary about it...that aired the day Stipe broke it.

The Heavyweight Curse, that seemingly doomed the champs of the organization's oldest category to never defend their belt more than 2 times in a row. Stipe broke it by soundly defeating the beast people were already claiming to be the one destined to break it.

Instant Rematch Curse? Stipe says "Hold my Modelo."

Cursebreaker bless.
<BC1>

"Stipe is the first person in UFC to lose a title by getting finished and winning the instant rematch".

That's a very conditional statement

Next up. Can he break the Modelo curse?

Let's define our parameters. When exactly does the Modelo curse kick in? When the first ad is shown? For Stipe that was actually before he entered the cage and fought Ngannou, because a version aired in the broadcast. (I acutely remember that because I still can recall thinking "ohhhhh no, this could be an ad of incredibly short relevance". Does it have to be an ad on national TV? Stipe filmed a Modelo piece that was put out before this fight too.

One thing I do know: no damn way Modelo is not going to make an ad out of Stipe's comeback victory for the belt and cram it down our throat for 6 months at least.

No DC did.

that's not true

randy couture lost to vitor
and beat him in the instant rematch

Back