Stipe proves again that the best Heavyweights tend to be 230-240

Legendary

Ꮥµpǝɹnøʌɐ
@Black
Reaction score
He came in much lighter in this fight at 230 and did exactly what he had to. He knew he wouldn't be able to go head to head with DC's striking and wrestling in the first few rounds, but if he dragged him into deeper waters, then it was going to hurt him. He did this with Ngannou too.

The problem with the Ngannou, Ubereem, Brock 265 lb heavyweights is that its impossible to keep that pace for more then a few rounds when you are that big. If you don't get the KO early, then you end up gassing.

Stipe is usually about 240, but came in light specifically for this one.

Stipe, Fedor, DC are better then Ngannou, Ubereem, Brock.

Just got to make it through the early storm, which isn't a given. Stipe is the best ever at HW, but he got tagged a lot by DC & he won't hold up vs. Francis if he gets hit even 1/20 as much as DC hit him.

Just got to make it through the early storm, which isn't a given. Stipe is the best ever at HW, but he got tagged a lot by DC & he won't hold up vs. Francis if he gets hit even 1/20 as much as DC hit him.

Ngannou is a one round wonder. He simply doesn't have the gas tank to throw that much leather. Stipe has the formula for beating him. Weather the storm in round 1, wrestle him to make him gas faster then pound on him for the rest of the fight.

After seeing how gunshy Ngannou was against Lewis, I simply don't think he is aggressive enough to beat Stipe.

Ok buddy. Whatever. Because Teila Tuli was the best HW and he was heavier than that

Ngannou is a one round wonder. He simply doesn't have the gas tank to throw that much leather. Stipe has the formula for beating him. Weather the storm in round 1, wrestle him to make him gas faster then pound on him for the rest of the fight.

After seeing how gunshy Ngannou was against Lewis, I simply don't think he is aggressive enough to beat Stipe.
Agreed partly. Honestly buddy I think he has power for 3 rounds if you don't make him work enough, which Stipe can force.

Stipe can mix in boxing and take downs (honestly thought Cain could do the same) but shooting directly on him is scary AF considering that short uppercut he likes.

I think he's over being gun shy and I think the fights against Cain and Blaydes proves that.

Lastly I don't think you can truly ever count out someone with that much power.

I think generally you're right. But Stipe ate a lot of leather vs. DC and his chin is aging, and Francis can end a fight with one punch. At the beginning of the fight I would say the odds are 50-50. If I knew the fight was in the second round, 70-30 Stipe. In the third, 90-10 Stipe. If Stipe moves that head & avoids taking the flush shots, his odds are fantastic.

LETS GOOOOOOOOO STIPEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Agreed partly. Honestly buddy I think he has power for 3 rounds if you don't make him work enough, which Stipe can force.

Stipe can mix in boxing and take downs (honestly thought Cain could do the same) but shooting directly on him is scary AF considering that short uppercut he likes.

I think he's over being gun shy and I think the fights against Cain and Blaydes proves that.

Lastly I don't think you can truly ever count out someone with that much power.
Totally agree with this.

Yep, which is why LHWs have always handled their own coming up to HW. Jones will weigh about 230 when he moves up and he wont have any problems with the size of HWs

Did you not see Stipe vs Ngannou 1?

120_Stipe_Miocic_vs_Francis_Ngannou.0.jpg

Back