Which picks from 241s main card did you get wrong and why?

The Legendary Scarface

Record since UFC 266 : 51-34
@Black
Reaction score
I picked Pettis and was banking on his dynamic striking and kicks to damage Nate's leg and land something significant upstairs. Man did that backfire quickly. Never picking Pettis again honestly. Dude either breaks physically or mentally.

Also I picked Benitez. Thought he would be too slick and well rounded for Sodiq. Looked good for a bit until Sodiq put it on him. Too hard hitting for Benitez.

The rest I got right so that was cool. The big 3 did not disappoint, great fights.

What about you?

Last edited:
I thought pettis was gonna win, I didn't exactly WANT him to but that's what I thought would happen. but it was pretty much all nate start to finish, pettis had some moments though. I wouldn't bet on any fight involving him.

I thought yoel would finish costa late in the fight, he came close, but i expected him to start slow and lose the first 2 rounds. (as usual)

Same i picked pettis. He just doesnt have the heart. Now it sucks that he beat wonderboy. It was sort of a fluke.

I picked DC and Romero. I was wrong about DC because he got knocked out. I was wrong about Romero because the judges saw the fight differently than I did. I thought he won. I also think in a 5 round fight, Yoel gets the ko.

Diaz/Pettis I couldn't really make a pick.

Only one I got wrong was dc and gutted to see him finished but he fought with such disrespect to stipe that he deserved to lose.

I thought Pettis would win, although it definitely wasn't something I was confident about

Nate appeared to have improved his kicking defence pretty drastically, he fucked up Pettis' leg with a check, he was constantly switching stances at range to make sure Pettis never had the open stance to kick from, it was an impressive performance from him

Everyone knew the pressure was going to be a problem but it was impressive that Nate didn't spend too much of his time on the outside getting beat up

I also thought Yoel would win, although given how close the fight was I don't feel too bad about that pick

I went 3 for 3 on picking the winners of the big 3 fights. Usually I am wrong on pretty much every pick so it was nice to be right for once across the board. I'm a fan of Stipe and Nate which was nice too (although I also like Pettis but someone had to lose).

Frankly the rest of the fights were kind of forgettable but 3 huge exciting fights was well worth it.

I picked DC but this was one of those cases where I’m glad to be wrong, satisfying watching DC get KTFO again.

Out of the big 3 I only got Nate right.

Nate tore the house down last night. I was at 241. It was the Nate show. Crowd was so hot for him. Would have been awesome to see him get that finish. Came close but Pettis stood strong.

Feels great to have him back.

Picked Pettis by decision for the reasons already stated.

Picked Romero by KO. Didn't think Costa was any good at all. Romero seems to have aged significantly since his fights with Whittaker. Didn't look his usual self.

Picked DC by KO in round 2. Thought it would go exactly like the first fight but last a little longer.

This is why I don't bet on MMA.

I picked Romero, Diaz and DC but they were all pretty much 50/50 fights so wasn’t betting big on any of them.

I picked Yoel. It wasn't a safe pick so I paid the price lol.

Won some cash on Diaz and Stipe so up overall.

I got the main event wrong. Yoel Costa was a toss up.

I did call Diaz pulling a Michael Johnson on Pettis and talking himself into a money fight.

Pettis Diaz was so clear imo. Pettis can't deal with pressure and Nate brings that same pressure like very few can.

I blame the coin. All 3 of the big fights were pretty much 50/50 in my opinion, so I flipped a coin to pick'em. Diaz was the only one I got right.

Picked Nate, rooted for Pettis. Damn
Picked Yoel, he won on my card, close fight. Damn
Picked DC, he won 3 rounds and then lost. Damn

Who would've thought DC wouldnt defend against 12 left body hooks in a row?
:)

I picked USADA over Romero and Costa.
but this was one of those cases where I’m glad to be wrong.
<GinJuice>
All natty baby

I had Yoel, Pettis and DC sooo all in all had a pretty bad betting night.

Back