If were Daniel "DC" Cormier Id give up Popeyes and diet down to 185

MescalineDreams

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I know this sounds crazy to some but let's be real

The man is a solid 20% body fat at 236 pounds with a 5'10 frame

If you ask any solid nutritionist, dietician or health expert

Without a doubt someone like DC could diet down, cut out carbs, do some calorie restriction, intermittent fasting, cold thermogenesis and whatever else to get his body fat down to 10%

Some might think this is crazy because of the times he struggled to make 205. Problem is, he didn't struggle because his body isn't able to make that weight easily.

It's because he clearly doesn't have discipline in his diet and his body fat is insanely high for a high level athlete.( though it's obviously worked for him and I get that, if it ain't broke don't fix it)

Even Jones said 185 wouldn't be a stretch for DC and he's right. It's all a matter of Discipline in the diet which I think is a question for DC, all due respect.

If I were DC, at this stage of his career.. I think you pull a gsp, hire an elite Hollywood nutritionist, diet that weight down and go for that 3rd belt.

Whittaker by KO, his fast hands would make DC look like an amateur, plus Whittaker has solid TDD.

To be honest cutting weight is rarely the answer. DC would lose a lot of attributes if he cut to MW. His chin would turn to mush and his ability to absorb body shots which is already weak would be terrible.

The dude is too talented for his own good. He could honestly fight 170 if he was shredded like most MMA fighters. But hes had success beating massive dudes while eating like shit so why bother?

yeah...that's a terrible idea

his advantages of agility and speed goes up in smoke

Lol the man is fucking 40, he ain't dieting down as that will take time to do it healthy and retain his strength.

Just let the man retire.

I know this sounds crazy to some but let's be real

The man is a solid 20% body fat at 236 pounds with a 5'10 frame

If you ask any solid nutritionist, dietician or health expert

Without a doubt someone like DC could diet down, cut out carbs, do some calorie restriction, intermittent fasting, cold thermogenesis and whatever else to get his body fat down to 10%

Some might think this is crazy because of the times he struggled to make 205. Problem is, he didn't struggle because his body isn't able to make that weight easily.

It's because he clearly doesn't have discipline in his diet and his body fat is insanely high for a high level athlete.( though it's obviously worked for him and I get that, if it ain't broke don't fix it)

Even Jones said 185 wouldn't be a stretch for DC and he's right. It's all a matter of Discipline in the diet which I think is a question for DC, all due respect.

If I were DC, at this stage of his career.. I think you pull a gsp, hire an elite Hollywood nutritionist, diet that weight down and go for that 3rd belt.
Or he just needs to learn to keep his hands up and elbows tucked in.

He's a natural middleweight. And your 20% bodyfat guess is off by about 10%.

Plenty of pundits & sherdoggers are assuming that DC lost because he gassed physically, but I think he actually gassed mentally. He has form for this

I've noticed that if a fight starts going against him, he gets visibly disheartened & never gets back on track. Sure, he's recovered well from setbacks in his career, but it always takes time.

Jones 1 was a classic example of this. He told Kenny Florian beforehand that they'd talk after the fight & that Kenny would ask him "how'd you make it look so easy". I think he genuinely believed this, & got disheartened very quickly when it became obvious it that wouldn't happen. Even though he was holding his own, DC looked a beaten man on his stool after the 2nd round. It was incredible.

Gustaffson went the same way. When the guy was still stood infront of him after 10 minutes, the wheels started coming off.

Same again last night. DC never could have weathered the storm Stipe did, if the roles were reversed. He visibly began to wilt when he couldnt get Stipe out of there. Again, his body language on the stool was pretty bad.

He's so good that hardly anybody will give him a real tough fight, but when the going gets tough, he usually loses. Aside from taking a big punch from Rumble, when has ever fought through adversity to win like Stipe, JDS, Jones?

DC is 20% body fat?

LOL.

If I was DC I would have retired after beating Stipe and rode off into the Popeye sunset.

Lol DC hasn't been at 20% since college. He's closer to 40% than he is to 20%

He's so good that hardly anybody will give him a real tough fight, but when the going gets tough, he usually loses. Aside from taking a big punch from Rumble, when has ever fought through adversity to win like Stipe, JDS, Jones?

When Gus almost knocked him out.

He's 40 years old and you're comparing him rn to guys that took punishment in their physical primes.

Shertards will always be shertards I guess though

Back