Hermansson deserves TS before Costa.

krisking84

Yellow Belt
@Yellow
Reaction score
Who should get next title shot?

I see 3 scenarios:

1. Hermansson gets TS with win over Cannonier.
Looking at last opponents and how Hermansson beat Jacare, and compared to how Costa "beat" Romero. I would say Hermansson has gone through a more impressive run than Costa looking at who he fought lately.

2. Hermansson vs. Costa for TS?

3. Costa gets TS. No matter if Hermansson wins or loses over Cannonier.

What you guys think? Who is more worthy?

Last edited:
The guy who’s already been TKO’d and subbed in the UFC deserves a shot over the 13-0 guy?

Not to mention Costa’s best win beat Jack’s best win.

No way. Beating Yoel Romero is way more impressive than beating an out of prime Jacare.

Costa gets winner of 143 fight. Unless Izzy wins and wants to try n fight Bones

Costa has way bigger muscles so he's getting the title shot even if Jack gets past the Cannon. No offense to Jack but have you seen Costa's massive and rippling physique? OMG...!!

Hermansson Costa for interim is the fight to make

No he doesn’t. Beating Romero gets you a title shot. Even I think it was somewhat controversial (scored for Romero) but no, Costa should be next.

Hermansson is the most overrated Euro Hypejob since Bisping... feed this guy to Costa for the interim because I have a feeling WhiDUCKER Is gonna pull out of the Costa fight if he gets past Izzy.

giphy.gif

I'd really have to study their hairlines more closely to determine this.

Nah, Romero has been looking good while Souza, as much as he got ripped off, has looked bad sometimes even in victory.

Their performances even out in my eyes.
Hermansson's win was more impressive - but Romero is a better scalp.
Jacare had lost 3 times in the past 4 years.
has also looked not-that-great while winning. He didn't look stellar against guys like Weidman before he won, for instance.
Romero had never lost a non-title fight since 2013, and was very competetive with Whittaker.

When it comes to past names on their resume, I'd argue Hermansson and Costa are on a similar level.
Costa has Hendricks and Uriah Hall.
Jack has Leites and Branch.

Jack has more fights, but I guess it comes down to how one values losses.
Jack has 2 losses via finish in 9 UFC fights.
Costa has 5 UFC fights and is undefeated overall.

I think it's a close call, but at the moment I would assume Costa is ahead (if nothing else, due to recency bias). If Jack wins 1 more he'd move ahead of him for sure though.

Last edited:
Their performances even out.
Jacare had lost 3 times in the past 4 years.
Romero had never lost a non-title fight since 2013, and was very competetive with Whittaker.
Arguably, Jacare has also looked not-that-great while winning. He was getting tagged by Weidman before he won that fight, for instance. (Well, then again, Romero also lost the 1st round against Weidman - but he looked better overall)
So even though Jack was more dominant than Costa, I have to argue that Romero is harder to beat.

When it comes to past names on their resume, I'd argue Hermansson and Costa are on a similar level.
Costa has Hendricks and Uriah Hall.
Jack has Leites and Branch.

Jack has more fights, but I guess it comes down to how one values losses.
Jack has 2 losses via finish in 9 UFC fights.
Costa has 5 UFC fights and is undefeated overall.

Good response, hard not to agree with this. Except i would rate wins over Branch and Leites more impressive than Hendricks & Hall. But i guess thats your point since win over Romero rates higher than Jacare.

i would rate wins over Branch and Leites more impressive than Hendricks & Hall. But i guess thats your point since win over Romero rates higher than Jacare.
Exactly.
I think it's fair to say their wins roughly even out.

But since Jack has lost badly 2 times I would argue that means most people would favor the undefeated Costa, who's always looked like he could be the new Romero.

Even seeing some threads now saying Costa should skip the line in front of Izzy.
But I'd argue Israel's record is just one step ahead of them both, since he's got more names I know of on his record (Vettori, Tavares, Brunson, Silva and Kelvin)

Exactly.
I think it's fair to say their wins roughly even out.

But since Jack has lost badly 2 times I would argue that means most people would favor the undefeated Costa, who's always looked like he could be the new Romero.

Even seeing some threads now saying Costa should skip the line in front of Izzy.
But I'd argue Israel's record is just one step ahead of them both, since he's got more names I know of on his record (Vettori, Tavares, Brunson, Silva and Kelvin)

Kind of agree with you, however. If Hermansson beats Cannonier; Who do you think deserves it more? Or that they fight for #1 contender spot?

Hell no!!!!

Costa win over Romero is waaaay greater than any win Hermanson has.

Hermansson should face Romero next because I guarantee you Yoel wrecks him brutally.

Kind of agree with you, however. If Hermansson beats Cannonier; Who do you think deserves it more? Or that they fight for #1 contender spot?

Let Costa face the Adesanya/Whittaker winner. Beating Romero is more impressive than a past of the prime Jacare. If Hermansson beats Cannonier- have him on the same card in a title eliminator as the Costa vs. Adesanya/Whittaker title fight.

Unless you are Hermansson, I don't know why would anyone make a statement like this.

Back