Nate Popularity

taggermest

Green Belt
@Green
Reaction score
I was at the fights last night and Nate absolutely brought the house down! The main event was awesome, both Stipe and DC got huge crown reactions. But the Diaz army was in full effect and absolutely lost their shit from start to finish. Even Pettis who is usually a really likable guy was booed which I thought was strange!

Diaz for sure has or can surpass current A level UFC stars in terms of popularity. Im telling you, there was a sea of DIAZ shirts and the entire arena was chanting DIIIIAAAAAZZZZ at the top of their lungs!

Badass most badass world belt champ confirmed.

I haven't seen all his 30 odd fights but I can't remember Nate ever being in a boring fight.
Even the ones he took a L in were exciting AF.

Absence makes the heart grow fonder. Nate being gone for so long has helped with his popularity as fans only realized how fun he is after he left.

And the fact that his last two fights were against Conor certainly doesn't hurt...

Nate has always been his own worst enemy. You can search, but I’ve said for years that he has the potential to outshine his brother if he’d fully apply himself. His decisions over the years is the only reason he hasn’t been in the title hunt previously.

Nate needs to overcome Nate and last night seemed to indicate he’s on the right track. He actually remained on gameplan, effectively checked kicks, cutoff the cage, didn’t make too many bad decisions (minimal overcommits). I’m really looking forward to where this goes for him. The Mas fight is an awesome thing if it is locked-in.

Nate has always been his own worst enemy. You can search, but I’ve said for years that he has the potential to outshine his brother if he’d fully apply himself. His decisions over the years is the only reason he hasn’t been in the title hunt previously.

Nate needs to overcome Nate and last night seemed to indicate he’s on the right track. He actually remained on gameplan, effectively checked kicks, cutoff the cage, didn’t make too many bad decisions (minimal overcommits). I’m really looking forward to where this goes for him. The Mas fight is an awesome thing if it is locked-in.

I've said the same thing to friends. They fight almost exactly the same way but Nate just seems to have something Nick doesn't. Really cool to hear Nick might not actually be done though. He's getting old so if he does want to come back he needs to put the beer down. But Nate actually changes his game. He said he didn't train any of the clinch work this fight, he wanted to kick Pettis in the face lol. He's checking kicks now. He could use a little more mass if he wants to fight the top guys but he doesn't seem interested in them anyway. I've been high on the guy since his tuf run as just Nick's brother, he's definitely the better of the two which I didn't think I would say before.

He actually has done this for a while you know? He’s played the game right many times before

output_FiNA9l-2.gif

I felt his popularity was always there from the start, he was just overshadowed by his big bro and other guys. Still the same nate that I've been watching, but to casuals, he was the one guy who fought conor. lol.

If he fought more, he would get his ass kicked by legit guys. Not the 145 champ at 170 or the former LW and more recently FW at 170.

A lot of these guys got "popular" while rarely fighting and living off their reputation while they were out. Pettis the perfect example. He's gone for like 18 months while people call him #1 P4P off two fight. Nate disappeared for years and then picked up RDA's lottery ticket when he threw it in the trash.

Nate always puts asses in seats. Goof needs to recognize what's up and pay him accordingly.

If the McUFC paid fighters based on how much they've entertained us in the ring with great fights and not on being an obnoxious asshole Twitter- belt, Diaz would be much wealthier than almost anyone else.

The crazy thing is that the UFC has de-promoted him more than once and not even that harms him much. It gives ammo to sherdoggers, sure but that's it.
Things would be much better if the UFC would take a deep breath, chill and, at least, stop messing with Nate. You don't want to promote? Fine, let him do his thing and that's it. Just don't fight the guy. People love him and he won't be at fight-age forever.

I was at the fights last night and Nate absolutely brought the house down! The main event was awesome, both Stipe and DC got huge crown reactions. But the Diaz army was in full effect and absolutely lost their shit from start to finish. Even Pettis who is usually a really likable guy was booed which I thought was strange!

Diaz for sure has or can surpass current A level UFC stars in terms of popularity. Im telling you, there was a sea of DIAZ shirts and the entire arena was chanting DIIIIAAAAAZZZZ at the top of their lungs!

If they are true Diaz fans they wouldn't be making any loud noises as most of them would have terrible lung capacity from all that smoking.......

If he fought more, he would get his ass kicked by legit guys. Not the 145 champ at 170 or the former LW and more recently FW at 170.

A lot of these guys got "popular" while rarely fighting and living off their reputation while they were out. Pettis the perfect example. He's gone for like 18 months while people call him #1 P4P off two fight. Nate disappeared for years and then picked up RDA's lottery ticket when he threw it in the trash.

Buwahahahhaha. Conor? 145lb champ? Conor beat who, siver, Mendez and a tiny Aldo and you sit here and claim him to be a true 145 champ? Conor was a 155er at 145 stealing gold. Apply the same criticism fairly before you talk crap.

That former LW just wrecked wonder boy,

I would not miss any fight by the Diaz brothers.

Great fighters.

Everytime I wear my Diaz shirt out you'd be suprised how many people scream Stockton and 209. Most of them are casuals who have no idea who Herb Dean even is. Here's me
front_large_extended.jpeg

Back