Stipe won via more skill and higher IQ

Final Say

So Icey Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
weathered the storm, out lasted Cormier, waited until championship rounds to start SMASHING the body until Cormier totally folded, then went to the head and knocked him out

The true greatest, highest IQ, toughest and most dynamic heavyweight in the history of this great sport

Sounds about right, didn’t really need a thread though, you added nothing new to the discussion. 4/10

Home simpson displayed great fight IQ weathered storm and won after exhausting opponent. Hey I will say Stipe has a good chin.

Wasn't hard against an old fat cocky and unmotivated Cormier.

Only reason dc won the first fight was because of the intentional eye poke plain and simple

Very satisfying knockout imo

DC himself lost that fight, and I'm not a fan of either guy.

Haha haha excuses excuses, at least it was a clean fight with no controversy over this time
True. Was a decent fight but the fighters iq of both fighters wasn't up there, to be honest. You could say that Cormier was less intelligent than Miocic. Miocic only started throwing bodyshots in round 3 or 4? Both fighters pretty much threw the same shots and walked forwards while doing it the entire fight. Reminds me a little of Hunt versus Ray Sefo it was, I think. They hit each other in the face and laughed about it.

Was the first time I ever seen DC not fight smart and it cost him he literally won every single part of the fight except the 4th round

weathered the storm, out lasted Cormier, waited until championship rounds to start SMASHING the body until Cormier totally folded, then went to the head and knocked him out

The true greatest, highest IQ, toughest and most dynamic heavyweight in the history of this great sport
I think DC actually got super gassed. He couldnt throw his power punches. As far as fight IQ, I dont think he has a better fight IQ, just think he has no quit in him at all.
Stipe I think knew he was behind on the cards, maybe by a lot, and decided hey Im gonna just punch you in the bread basket a few times. DC wasnt ready for that and then one got through to the liver, DC was stunned because your body does freeze up depending on how hard the liver gets trauma. Stipe right away did a combo knocking DC down and out.

Low-IQ Cormier is born. To be fair, he is starting to resemble a low-IQ, fat person. Homeboy was disgustingly fat for the fight and you could see his IQ points drop like he was sweating out bacon grease.

Now that he knows he isn't the best, look for a middling heavyweight to spank his fried chicken gut.

He did great adjusting. I wouldn't say he's dynamic in any way. Stipe is a pretty straight forward grit fighter.

Don't forget absorbing significantly more significant strikes then his opponent. Your boy was getting outclassed and lit up before i turned it off.

I think DC actually got super gassed. He couldnt throw his power punches. As far as fight IQ, I dont think he has a better fight IQ, just think he has no quit in him at all.
Stipe I think knew he was behind on the cards, maybe by a lot, and decided hey Im gonna just punch you in the bread basket a few times. DC wasnt ready for that and then one got through to the liver, DC was stunned because your body does freeze up depending on how hard the liver gets trauma. Stipe right away did a combo knocking DC down and out.

Stipe looked quite tired as well but I think the key is that a gassed fight favoured him. When Cormier was fresh he was the more effective of the two but as he tired he couldn't rush in and out to land his shots as effectively, exchanging sloppier technique at mid range favoured Stipe with his longer reach and greater height.

We saw DC devolve into post-prime headhunting Fedor mode right before our eyes. I was very impressed with Stipe's toughness (mental and physical) which won him the fight after DC blew his wad

Back