Romero has the worst fight IQ ever

Brampton_Boy

Douchey Mc Douche
@red
Reaction score
I love Romero - he is probably one of the most exciting and talented fighters to ever grace the Octagon.

His fights have always been enormously frustrating - much like Woodley, it seems like he waits too long to explode and just gives away rounds. With that being said, he is so good when he decides to attack, he normally gets the win.

His fight with Paulo was the opposite of this, but in a bad way. Alot of movement and touching Costa, but when he had Costa hurt against the cage in the third (a prime opportunity to just unload), he backed away, TWICE, to the middle of the Octagon. I get that he wanted a little bit of showmanship, but given that it was a close fight, just do what you do best, explode.

I think he gave away this fight with that terrible strategy. Kudos to Costa for having a great gas tank and being so aggressive. He is like the modern day Wanderlei.

Agreed he spent too much time sticking his tongue out. Very frustrating
Romero was definitely taking over.
Costa was done.

Close fight. Could have gone either way

i think he would win over 5 rounds what a beast at 42

Far from the worst, but yeah, not really the best either.

Not gassing is also a huge factor that determines his decision making. Being able to explode like he can comes at a cost(a).

When will people learn...

Romero has a limited gas tank. He can fucking explode but then he needs to reload.

That sounded fucking gay but whatever.

And people say he would beat prime Anderson Silva LMAO. He would get KOd within 2 rounds

He fought dumb most of the fight, had his back against the cage a lot while sticking his tongue out like a clown, well done mate....now you look even more ridiculous after losing lol

this is the first time that someone can take his power and diss it back, with better cardio. He relied on pure athleticism to win, mostly by quickness and powerful strikes, when that didn't work, he didn't have the skill to defend

Romero is lucky he wasn't in there with Nick Diaz.. He wouldn't last 4 rounds with Nick...

Romero has a limited gas tank. He can fucking explode but then he needs to reload.

Lmao, you are absolutely right. Plus his style ultimately plays in to the hands of someone like Costa as l ok ng as they don't get finished by that "explosion."

When he had Whittacker hurt in the 5th round and went for a takedown that was horrible fight IQ.

he also just won 40 millon dollars. its gotta be tough to stay motivated fully

He's very explosive but has limited energy for all his moves. So if his moves don't lead to a finish he has to back off and recharge. He would only continue to attack if Costa was stunned. Romero spends a lot of time conserving his energy for counters.

My criticism is that Romero didn't explode this fight. He was much more active with jabs, feints and touching with low kicks. But when it came time for Romero to launch a flying knee or swarm with punches, he backed away to the center of the Octagon.

Romero's cardio is really bad, he uses a strategy defense looking for counters or a big punch because he can't throw volume without get exhausted. And obviously, he can't grappling with that gas tank, barely can uses his wrestling to get a couple of takedowns

Like many have already stated. It's because of his limited gas tank. He has to reset, and regain his energy and composure.

Simply Costa won by robbed decision. Draw is the right decision. Romero hurt his opponent and his opponent was more active. A lot of pro ufc fighters are for Romero win. But ufc is a show like wwe not a competitive sport. Too marketing.

Back