Goodbye Fedor vs. Crocop: The HW division is on a whole new level now

Claude

Red Belt
@red
Reaction score
Tonight DC and Stipe put on a striking clinc and proved how much the HW division has come along since 2005 when Fedor and Crocop fought for the title.

Nowadays you don't defend leg kicks, you just take them like a man. If you can't, then you don't deserve to be called a fighter. Fedor countering a leg kick:

fedorlowkick.gif

Defending liver shots proved how underdeveloped fighters were back then. DC ate about 10 liver shots tonight proving his toughness, while that Fedor dude was so scared he blocked them:

G4wiKEj.gif

Fedor can't pick-up up his opponent like DC, so he just pushes him:

KlutzyFaroffHairstreakbutterfly.gif

Outdated combo. Today it's all about the jabs and 1-2's (and accidental eye pokes here and there)

ForsakenWealthyGnu.gif

Round 2. If they aren't tired, they aren't trying:

JadedVigilantAtlanticsharpnosepuffer.gif

Crocop being elusive. Cool, but slavic men aren't scared of punches these days.
Srsly, why aren't they standing flat footed in front of each other like lions?

ClosedMasculineIndianabat.gif

Eye pokes > Head kick + punch + TD:

fedor_HK.gif

<36>

Now here's one gif to rule them all (couldn't find one from tonight, but you get the idea):

<DCWhoa>

Stipe throws an epic 1-2 combo and DC dodges them with world class head movement. DC and Miocic are surely the two most refined strikers the world has ever seen.

Time to leave the nostalgia behind and accept the HW division has evolved tremendously.

Stipe = GOAT, even Rogan agrees.

Last edited:
Wasn’t the best showing, both dudes got hit quite a lot and didn’t have the best defense. HW division has been regressing since Cain lost to Werdum.

0/10 thread wouldn’t read again

Lol, you had me for a second.

But really, MMA isn't a sport for large athletes, they'd rather go into the likes of Basketball/American Football/Rugby etc.

I don't know why MMA had loads of elite HW's 15 years ago, but we aren't getting them today.

The divisions from Bantamweight - Welterweight is where it's at for elite MMA.

Look its Claude he used to post a ton on SD.
But when Fedor started to lose he stopped.
Except to hate on Anderson when he was in contention for GOAT.

How much do you hurt claude? How much?

Look its Claude he used to post a ton on SD.
But when Fedor started to lose he stopped.
Except to hate on Anderson when he was in contention for GOAT.

How much do you hurt claude? How much?

Get out of here you troll.

I love Anderson.

Fedor would lose to any top 15 HW
dude frickin Ryan Bader KO'd him in like 15 seconds

Lol, you had me for a second.

But really, MMA isn't a sport for large athletes, they'd rather go into the likes of Basketball/American Football/Rugby etc.

I don't know why MMA had loads of elite HW's 15 years ago, but we aren't getting them today.

The divisions from Bantamweight - Welterweight is where it's at for elite MMA.

I think that's part of the problem, as the talent base has moved to the US the higher divisions have suffered more because other sports tend to attract athletic big men. In Brazil and Europe on the other hand football/soccer is the dominant sport and its not really size dependant, yeah you have your Ronaldo's but you also have your Messi's.

In the past as well MMA tended to need to be very pro active to get HW's, guys like Fedor, Crocop, Hunt, etc didn't just slowly work into MMA but rather big orgs came in and offered money right away plus indeed you had training camps linked to big orgs strongly that could make garentess "give MMA a try and you'll be in the big leagues fast".

yea, Fedor-CroCop was on another level. Stipe-Cormier look like bumblebees next to it.

Back