Joe rogan round one “wrestling ist teh greatest base ...”DC is on another level”

Jeff Goldblum69

Black Belt
@Black
Reaction score
*Next four rounds *

Boring, low skill standup war

*End of the fight *

Joe rogan “Stipe is the GOAT”

Huh ?!?!?

I mean it is the greatest base, that is if you use it. DC didn't try going to the ground after the 1st round at all, and completely abandoned his gameplan, which is why he lost.

It wasn't a low skilled standup war.

Stipe is a wrestler as well.

Nothing to be confused about.

In fact 6 of 8 ufc champions have wrestling background. Stipe is a former wrestler younger than Cormier. Wrestlers are the only competitive athletes in mma over 40.

Rogan is such a fucking retard.

Yet again he makes himself the fool. "Wrestling is the most important skill and everyone knows it. All but 2 champions are wrestlers." Wrestlers promptly gets his head knocked off and loses title.

Just like, "JDS better watch out, he is going up against superior world class striking in Hunt." JDS goes on to knock the shit out of Hunt in the standup.

So you mean he called the fight as it dynamically played out in front of him in real time?

My point is rogan throws the GOAT tag out every five minutes ... even during fights he changes favourite fighter quicker than snoop changes NFL team

tenor.gif

12 UFC champions.
Wrestlers - 5
Nonwrestlers - 7

Rogan is such a fucking retard.

Yet again he makes himself the fool. "Wrestling is the most important skill and everyone knows it. All but 2 champions are wrestlers." Wrestlers promptly gets his head knocked off and loses title.

Just like, "JDS better watch out, he is going up against superior world class striking in Hunt." JDS goes on to knock the shit out of Hunt in the standup.
He got his head knocked off by another wrestler who also took him down. The ignorance here is truly fascinating.

12 UFC champions.
Wrestlers - 5
Nonwrestlers - 7
This is just a lack of skill in counting. FW Cejudo - wrestler. BW Cejudo, same guy. FTW - Holloway - non-wrestler. Khabib - wrestler. Usman - Wrestler. Whittaker - this isn't well known but Whittaker is actually a wrestler for the Australian National Team as well, so wrestler. Jon Jones - Wrestler. Stipe - Wrestler. We haven't even gotten to the women yet and we already have 6 guys occupyng 7 of 8 possible slots.

Also, I want to note something hilarious in your counting skills. Let's be generous and say that Whittaker "wasn't a wrestler", despite being a national team wrestler. Lets grant that you didn't know that. Lets grant that the 3 female champions are also non-wrestlers, and let's actually count Nunes twice for holding two belts, despite the fact that you only counted Cejudo once for holding two belts. That still leaves you with only 6 non-wrestlers. So not only is the 5 off, the 7 is impossible. So I really have no clue what you're doing running out there with your incorrect stats. Let's keep thinking of ways you could have gotten your number. Maybe you meant "folkstyle" wrestlers. But then you're clearly shifting the goalposts. Fist of all, the quote you are attacking never sets those extra parameters, you're projecting that upon the quote yourself. Secondly, most of those wrestlers do not consider themselves folkstyle wrestlers, since many of them last trained freestyle. However, if you meant "freestyle" wrestlers, you'd only get 3 individuals with 4 titles. No matter what, you just threw an incorrect set of numbers out there and it's not clear what sort of manipulations you did to make the number make sense in your head.

It's almost like Joe gets paid to hype fighters and talk about their strong and weak points based on his years of training and watching fights.

Imagine being a DI wrestler and not being a wrestler.

He got his head knocked off by another wrestler who also took him down. The ignorance here is truly fascinating.

This is just a lack of skill in counting. FW Cejudo - wrestler. BW Cejudo, same guy. FTW - Holloway - non-wrestler. Khabib - wrestler. Usman - Wrestler. Whittaker - this isn't well known but Whittaker is actually a wrestler for the Australian National Team as well, so wrestler. Jon Jones - Wrestler. Stipe - Wrestler. We haven't even gotten to the women yet and we already have 6 guys occupyng 7 of 8 possible slots.

Also, I want to note something hilarious in your counting skills. Let's be generous and say that Whittaker "wasn't a wrestler", despite being a national team wrestler. Lets grant that you didn't know that. Lets grant that the 3 female champions are also non-wrestlers, and let's actually count Nunes twice for holding two belts, despite the fact that you only counted Cejudo once for holding two belts. That still leaves you with only 6 non-wrestlers. So not only is the 5 off, the 7 is impossible. So I really have no clue what you're doing running out there with your incorrect stats. Let's keep thinking of ways you could have gotten your number. Maybe you meant "folkstyle" wrestlers. But then you're clearly shifting the goalposts. Fist of all, the quote you are attacking never sets those extra parameters, you're projecting that upon the quote yourself. Secondly, most of those wrestlers do not consider themselves folkstyle wrestlers, since many of them last trained freestyle. However, if you meant "freestyle" wrestlers, you'd only get 3 individuals with 4 titles. No matter what, you just threw an incorrect set of numbers out there and it's not clear what sort of manipulations you did to make the number make sense in your head.

Of course male champions. And it is clear that the wrestling strategy is not the best way to gain points in this ufc striking oriented judgement. But actually ufc is not a sport competition it is a television show like wwe.

I don't think best base is the way to frame it.

I think that wrestling is the base that best helps you in point fighting.

*Next four rounds *

Boring, low skill standup war

*End of the fight *

Joe rogan “Stipe is the GOAT”

Huh ?!?!?
The only round where dc really wrestled was the first one , and he won it by a landslide.
Fir some reason dc stopped listening to his coaches and stopped wrestling, maybe he was too tired to wrestle. Anyway that's why he got piced up, when he was wrestling and putting the pressure on stipe it was going his way for the most part.

So yeah wrestling is the best base, you just got to have the cardio and the willingness to use it.

Common mistake
Rob started wrestling after he started fighting
Not a mistake but nice try.

Let's go back to Joe's quote. "Wrestling is the most important skill..."

So does it factor into the importance of a skill if you pick up said skill when you're 10 or when you're 20, if you have the skill? No, it doesn't.

Not a mistake but nice try.

Let's go back to Joe's quote. "Wrestling is the most important skill..."

So does it factor into the importance of a skill if you pick up said skill when you're 10 or when you're 20, if you have the skill? No, it doesn't.
Then almost every UFC fighter is a wrestler
Robert uses wrestling for TDD and escapes, rarely being the aggressor on the ground
His a striker, but he incorporated wrestling into his skillset to do better against grapplers

I don't think best base is the way to frame it.

I think that wrestling is the base that best helps you in point fighting.

LOL WTF :D
Wrestling is the best base for MMA.
If you don't concur then you have not wrestled a day in your life.

Then almost every UFC fighter is a wrestler
Robert uses wrestling for TDD and escapes, rarely being the aggressor on the ground
His a striker, but he incorporated wrestling into his skillset to do better against grapplers
Well yes, in a very casual sense every UFC fighter is also a striker or a jiu jitsu practitioner. The key modifier we're missing here is "good" right? Ben Askren getting knocked out, for example, does not demonstrate the anything concerning the importance or lack thereof of good striking because he is not a good striker. Now, Whittaker is a good wrestler. A Commonwealth games qualifier and Australian national champion. An 84% TDD average despite having fought against the likes of Yoel Romero (twice), Jacare, Derek Brunson and Rafael Natal is, I think most would say, a pretty impressive show of being able to control how and where the fight is being fought.

Back