Kelvin Gastelum vs Darren Till & Frankie Edgar vs Aljamain Sterling in the works for UFC 244 MSG

I like Till but Gastelum will send him back to 170

Damn. They're throwing Frankie the number one contender right off the bat if that's true.

Not a bad first fight at 135 for Frankie

Might actually work for Frankie, think he's better on the feet than Aljo, though to be fair Aljo clearly is improving based on his last showing against Munhoz.

Not a bad first fight at 135 for Frankie

Yeah. As good as Sterling is, he's not a guy who I'd worry about really testing Frankie's chin after his first weight cut to 135lbs. I'd rather that be a five rounder, though.

Sterling vs Yan for the interim title would make much more sense

RIP Till. You had a good run.
UFC-1101174.jpg

Last edited:
Id rather see Till take a level down from KG , he just got smoked twice. 3 would be an absolute killer.

Yan vs Sterling should be the fight for the rightful no. 1 contender spot. Why throw Frankie into the mix right now? The fact he got a TS after a year of inactivity should be enough. (And I love Frankie)

Yan vs Sterling should be the fight for the rightful no. 1 contender spot. Why throw Frankie into the mix right now? The fact he got a TS after a year of inactivity should be enough. (And I love Frankie)

IF it's true, then hopefully Yan is Cruz's return opponent.

Doesn't Sterling sometimes train at RGA or does he only train at Serra bjj? I know frankie sometimes trains at renzos. That could make things inconvenient

IF it's true, then hopefully Yan is Cruz's return opponent.
That'd be a great fight and the perfect test for Yan, however when is Cruz returning and can we trust him to show up to the fight at this point? My worry is Yan would be waiting around for too long and lose momentum. Out of that combination I still think Yan vs Sterling is the fight to make and Cruz vs Edgar is an old dream fight of mine.

Love Yan's style. Yan vs Sterling would be good shit.

That'd be a great fight and the perfect test for Yan, however when is Cruz returning and can we trust him to show up to the fight at this point? My worry is Yan would be waiting around for too long and lose momentum. Out of that combination I still think Yan vs Sterling is the fight to make and Cruz vs Edgar is an old dream fight of mine.

I thought Cruz said he was looking for a fight in December, but you know, I can't keep track of his injuries....so who knows. Yan deserves a big fight regardless.

Back