UFC 243 Co Main Possibilities?

zxyss25

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
I realize its less than 2 months away, but they need to put together a co-main event soon

Right now, the co main would either be Tai Tuivasa on a losing streak or Holly Holm?

Volkanowski vs Holloway - FW Title
Peter Yan vs Aljo Sterling - Interim BW belt
Brian Ortega vs Korean Zombie
Blachowitz vs Volkan or Anthony Smith - LWH #1 contender slot
Masvidal vs Edwards or Woodley
Jacare vs Till - MW
Wonderboy vs Ponz

Other than the main event, that card is gonna suck. Luckily for UFC, that main event is so killer I'll watch whatever garbage they serve up before we get to Rob/Izzy

It’s Australia. They don’t give a shit. Plus sandwiched between the khabib and NYC card?

Max/Volkanovski not being on this card is a huge letdown. I know they needed a main event in summer but the idea was Max would turn around quick and fight on this card.

Having a stadium show and an Aus contender and not putting that fight on the card is a dumbass move.

They'll end up having that fight in like Phoenix or something stupid where it doesnt mean shit.

Its also not gonna be any of the fights listed. Sterling/Edgar and Till/Kelvin are being planned for NYC.

The co will likely be Holm vs Pennington. There won't be any other big fights for that card. That cards only going to get 100K buys.

After the fight tonight you will see the MSG November card and the end of year December card shape up fast and I predict they will be stacked with at least 2 title fights each and the return of Conner. They already announced Nunes is fighting in December, but that's a 3rd fight. That's not even worthy of a co.

It’s Australia. They don’t give a shit. Plus sandwiched between the khabib and NYC card?

This is true unfortunately, we packed out the stadium for the dogshit 237 card (I was there). They don’t need to put on stacked cards so they don’t, shame for us but it makes business sense.

Put masvidal on the card!

Probably nothing great else will be added, IMO. 243 got sandwiched between Khabib/MSG and then end of the year card.

Dana was on Australian radio over the weekend and apparently said that the co main bout has yet to be announced which is exciting.

Back