Who do you see as the next Bantamweight champion & who would you like to see get the shot?

GSP Rush

Black Belt
Platinum Member
Reaction score
As we were talking about Sandhagen in the other thread it got me thinking about the BW division and who you would like to see get a shot at the title as well as who you feel could be the next BW champion.

Looking at the rankings I'm not sure who will be the next BW champion if I'm honest, I felt Marlon could have been the one to beat Cejudo but credit to Cejudo for switching his game plan there and winning the fight.

In regards to who I'd like to see get the shot well I'd actually like to see Aljamain Sterling have a shot at it, I know he lost to Marlon not long ago but I don't think that reflects on him as such and I think he could have a good shot at the title, I'd like to see him have a go at least and he is currently #2 in the BW division too.

Raphael if he wins tonight I reckon could be in with a shot though or maybe they'll have him go up against Aljamain to determine a shot but what do you guys think?

Current rankings are as follows.

Henry Cejudo
Marlon Moraes
Aljamain Sterling
Raphael Assuncao
Petr Yan
Pedro Munhoz
Dominick Cruz
Cody Garbrandt
Jimmie Rivera
Cory Sandhagen
Cody Stamann
Rob Font
John Dodson
Song Yadong
Urijah Faber
Thomas Almeida

I think Sterling vs Yan winner should get it, but I dont hate the idea of seeing Faber either. Nostalgia and that...

I think Sterling vs Yan winner should get it, but I dont hate the idea of seeing Faber either. Nostalgia and that...

Yeah, I enjoyed Sterlings last fight too, the one against Pedro :)

Cejudo is likely going to face Aldo at MSG. Aldo said he's dropping down. I would like to see Frankie vs Cruz as a #1 contender fight.

I think Aljamain Sterling has probably earned a title shot by now, if not him vs Yan for number one contender.

Last edited:
For the life of me, I have no clue why Cruz is on this list. His last win was over 3 years ago and has fought 5 times in like 8 years. He is also plagued by injuries. He is getting paid for an easier job that he hasnt managed to hurt himself in the process.
At this point, let's just remember him when he was at the top of his game and not be eager to watch him come back in for more surgeries.

CCC fights Aldo n Sterling n Yan for next shot

I'm kinda disinterested in the division. The contender I was most excited about was Moraes.

I think he could beat Henry in a rematch but I'm also tired of rematches in every title fight when MMA fighters only fight 2-3x per year. I don't want a division to get held up for an entire year. Aljamain could be a good fight but he almost sounded disinterested in the belt on JRE. IDK. That whole division is kinda wrecked after tj epo, cody sleeps and cejudo snatchin' the belt from the heir apparent in Moraes.

As we were talking about Sandhagen in the other thread it got me thinking about the BW division and who you would like to see get a shot at the title as well as who you feel could be the next BW champion.

Looking at the rankings I'm not sure who will be the next BW champion if I'm honest, I felt Marlon could have been the one to beat Cejudo but credit to Cejudo for switching his game plan there and winning the fight.

In regards to who I'd like to see get the shot well I'd actually like to see Aljamain Sterling have a shot at it, I know he lost to Marlon not long ago but I don't think that reflects on him as such and I think he could have a good shot at the title, I'd like to see him have a go at least and he is currently #2 in the BW division too.

Raphael if he wins tonight I reckon could be in with a shot though or maybe they'll have him go up against Aljamain to determine a shot but what do you guys think?

Current rankings are as follows.

Henry Cejudo
Marlon Moraes
Aljamain Sterling
Raphael Assuncao
Petr Yan
Pedro Munhoz
Dominick Cruz
Cody Garbrandt
Jimmie Rivera
Cory Sandhagen
Cody Stamann
Rob Font
John Dodson
Song Yadong
Urijah Faber
Thomas Almeida

If Assuncao can win tonight, in dominate or exciting fashion..i think he deserves it by merit..

He was blocked from a title shot for so long that ..he was forced/ agreed to fight moraes and it screwed him over when he should of fought for the title already by then..

If he loses , or its a bad performance but a win..perhaps sterling should be next..

I think Yan could be champ.

I hope Yan beats Sterling because Yan vs Cejudo would be a banger.

Thomas Almeida was a beast in EA UFC 2

Thats the thing too, I've been impressed with Yan in the past too, as I say people sometimes knock the BW division but it's not actually that bad and there's some good potential fights there too with some great fighters.

I can't disagree with anything that's been mentioned here, at all. I would like to see Aljamain simply from a personal perspective as I like the dude plus he's part of Al Iaquinta's camp too so I'd like to see it for those guys also as a win for Aljo is a win for all in that sense.

Back