What do you want next for Conor?

• Total voters

ReadWrite

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Conor Gets Candid on Camera

Ted Berg/USAToday:

Am I crazy, or has Conor McGregor menaced the entire world into just sort of dismissing his habit of committing violent crimes on camera?

The most recent example happened in April but surfaced online this week. The footage is grainy, but it appears to show McGregor pour a shot of whiskey for a bunch of grey-haired guys sitting at a bar.

One guy apparently does not want the shot of whiskey, so McGregor starts doing some weird posturing motion that vaguely resembles a silverback gorilla pounding its chest upon being challenged. Then he hauls off and punches the guy in the face.

The same TMZ post that revealed the video includes an interview with UFC president Dana White. In it, White does not condone McGregor’s behavior and says a number of times that “you can’t do it,” but he also says things like, “You know how many guys get punched in the face every day in a pub in Ireland? A lot! The only reason we’re even talking about it is because it’s Conor,” and “That’s Conor’s signature punch, but Conor didn’t punch him the way he could’ve. That was Conor basically feeling disrespected.”

In a subsequent interview with Jim Rome, White called it “pretty bad.”

Yeah, I’d say it’s "pretty bad!" The victim did not appear to be hurt by the punch, and bar fighting is certainly stereotypical behavior inside pubs in Ireland. But a) that it’s Ireland absolutely does not make it normal or OK; b) this isn’t a fight, it’s a sucker punch; c) punching an old man in the face for turning down your offer of whiskey should not be permissible behavior for anybody, no less a trained professional fighter. How is this real?

My friends can drink way more than I can, so I somewhat frequently turn down shots of whiskey. I’ve never been to Ireland, but it’s a place I’d always wanted to check out before I learned that it’s a place where turning down a shot of whiskey might get me punched in the face by the actual Conor McFreakinGregor.

I wrote about McGregor’s persona and brand back in April — just a few days after this happened, but before we knew about it — and I’m not really moved to repeat myself more than I already have. The guy has an amazing rags-to-riches backstory and does enough decent and charitable things to inspire a ton of loyalty in his fans. But he’s also under investigation for sexual assault and has a long history of violent and racist behavior outside the ring, much of it with no real semblance of shame or remorse.

. . .

It’s absurd. This dude feels like the Emperor’s New Sports Hero. How many more strangers is McGregor going to punch before people stop eagerly awaiting his comeback and start eagerly awaiting his imprisonment?

-USAToday

Ted Berg/USAToday:

Am I crazy, or has Conor McGregor menaced the entire world into just sort of dismissing his habit of committing violent crimes on camera?

The most recent example happened in April but surfaced online this week. The footage is grainy, but it appears to show McGregor pour a shot of whiskey for a bunch of grey-haired guys sitting at a bar.

One guy apparently does not want the shot of whiskey, so McGregor starts doing some weird posturing motion that vaguely resembles a silverback gorilla pounding its chest upon being challenged. Then he hauls off and punches the guy in the face.

The same TMZ post that revealed the video includes an interview with UFC president Dana White. In it, White does not condone McGregor’s behavior and says a number of times that “you can’t do it,” but he also says things like, “You know how many guys get punched in the face every day in a pub in Ireland? A lot! The only reason we’re even talking about it is because it’s Conor,” and “That’s Conor’s signature punch, but Conor didn’t punch him the way he could’ve. That was Conor basically feeling disrespected.”

Yeah, I’d say it’s "pretty bad!" The victim did not appear to be hurt by the punch, and bar fighting is certainly stereotypical behavior inside pubs in Ireland. But a) that it’s Ireland absolutely does not make it normal or OK; b) this isn’t a fight, it’s a sucker punch; c) punching an old man in the face for turning down your offer of whiskey should not be permissible behavior for anybody, no less a trained professional fighter. How is this real?

My friends can drink way more than I can, so I somewhat frequently turn down shots of whiskey. I’ve never been to Ireland, but it’s a place I’d always wanted to check out before I learned that it’s a place where turning down a shot of whiskey might get me punched in the face by the actual Conor McFreakinGregor.

I wrote about McGregor’s persona and brand back in April — just a few days after this happened, but before we knew about it — and I’m not really moved to repeat myself more than I already have. The guy has an amazing rags-to-riches backstory and does enough decent and charitable things to inspire a ton of loyalty in his fans. But he’s also under investigation for sexual assault and has a long history of violent and racist behavior outside the ring, much of it with no real semblance of shame or remorse.

. . .

It’s absurd. This dude feels like the Emperor’s New Sports Hero. How many more strangers is McGregor going to punch before people stop eagerly awaiting his comeback and start eagerly awaiting his imprisonment?

-USAToday
<Fedor23>

Thought this was a thread about the Eddie Alvarez fight

Conor has turned into a drunk, nut case.

All recent press, and coverage since his last loss against Nate has been negative.

What a terrible fall from grace. He had it all at one point.

if your still on mcgregor train,fuck you boy

Controversy creates Cash

if your still on mcgregor train,fuck you boy
CYdKzSyUsAAjBAp.jpg

Pull up den, cuz

Shouldn't be allowed to enter the US, we have enough violent foreigners as it is.

Coke OD by 40 or taken out thinking he's someone important mouthing off to wrong person?

We really needed a USA today article posted here... not. I'd rather read a random Sherdoggers Shitpost thread than a Newspaper article.by some professional suckass.

Khabib ruined his life and sent him down a downward criminal spiral

We really needed a USA today article posted here... not. I'd rather read a random Sherdoggers Shitpost thread than a Newspaper article.by some professional suckass.
lol "professional." MMAjunkie went to crap after USAtoday took it over.

Ted Berg/USAToday:

. . .

-USAToday

He's no longer under any investigation...that happened literally months and months ago....if he was going to be arrested and charged; he would have been a long time ago...fact is...it's over...this is no more investigation. I guarantee you, the woman is not credible. there is no evidence of any assault. and love tapping some fool in a bar is not VIOLENT CRIME..that's just absurd...that's simple assault if anything...small fine at best....and dana's right, this happens all the time in bars all across ireland and even in the usa...when I was bouncer, I saw this happen almost every weekend...it's not a big thing...

He's no longer under any investigation...that happened literally months and months ago....if he was going to be arrested and charged; he would have been a long time ago...fact is...it's over...this is no more investigation. I guarantee you, the woman is not credible. there is no evidence of any assault. and love tapping some fool in a bar is not VIOLENT CRIME..that's just absurd...that's simple assault if anything...small fine at best....and dana's right, this happens all the time in bars all across ireland and even in the usa...when I was bouncer, I saw this happen almost every weekend...it's not a big thing...
Ahhh here we go

Conner is an ultra dumbass. If he kept his focus only on fighting, take down defense, improving himself, if he were to fight 5 more years, maybe do another high profile boxing match and at the same time build his brand and businesses, he could retire at 36 worth north of $1 billion. But no, he doesn't fight regularly and instead he want's to go to random bars and get into altercations with civilians and rack up legal bills.

<36>

Is there some cosmic law that means whenever someone puts 'big' in their internet username their brain becomes 'small'?

Back