If Stipe wins this fight, how do you see him winning?

Erratic

Just Bleed Disciple
@Black
Reaction score
Hello Sherteam,

If Stipe wins this fight, do you see him getting an early finish? What successful outcomes can you see for Stipe and in what rounds?

Knockout... Just don't see him grinding DC to a decision. But wild how much lighter both are for this fight... so hoping for some more bang for my buck tonight.

DC's chin is so good that it almost looks like Stipe doesn't have enough power to hurt him.

By KO but DC does have a pretty solid chin so we’ll see.

There’s two fights on this card that I have no idea who will win (Diaz/Pettis and this fight). I don’t have a favourite but if I had to pick, I’d hope DC coukd win it

Considering how much lighter Stipe is than in their last fight, he'll probably try to use his range and pick cormier apart while avoiding clinching with Cormier. If he's successful with that strategy he could potentially TKO Cormier in the later rounds. DC has however a great chin and really good cardio for a hw, so Stipe really has to be very measured with his output, because if he fights like that he needs to move a lot and can't allow himself to gas.

Knockout... Just don't see him grinding DC to a decision. But wild how much lighter both are for this fight... so hoping for some more bang for my buck tonight.
Negative. Stipe's most realistic chance is to aim for a decision win. Why do you think he cut that extra 12lbs and weighed in at 230.5?? Because he knows, his camp knows. You don't go out there and one punch DC. For sure not in the first round. His head is made out of stone. It took a smartly set up headkick from Jonny Bones in the 3rd round, after he tired him out and confused him with bodykicks. And still DC didn't fall from that kick alone. Jon had to finish him with hellacious GnP.

I think Stipe's gameplan is revolving around winning rounds. And if opportunity arrives, OK he'll take it. But he won't force it. Stipe is not a power puncher, he is not a Ngannou type. And DC had strong chin down at LHW, what do you think will take to KO him @ HW? A sledgehammer?

Stay on the outside, use your reach advantage. Work legkicks and throw some bodyshots here and there and win rounds. That is the recepie. Anything else is very very risky and it's shown to not work on Daniel.

Considering how much lighter Stipe is than in their last fight, he'll probably try to use his range and pick cormier apart while avoiding clinching with Cormier. If he's successful with that strategy he could potentially TKO Cormier in the later rounds. DC has however a great chin and really good cardio for a hw, so Stipe really has to be very measured with his output, because if he fights like that he needs to move a lot and can't allow himself to gas.

This. Stipe should utilize his reach to pick Daniel apart from the outside, then go in for the kill once he smells blood.

Negative. Stipe's most realistic chance is to aim for a decision win. Why do you think he cut that extra 12lbs and weighed in at 230.5?? Because he knows, his camp knows. You don't go out there and one punch DC. For sure not in the first round. His head is made out of stone. It took a smartly set up headkick from Jonny Bones in the 3rd round, after he tired him out and confused him with bodykicks. And still DC didn't fall from that kick alone. Jon had to finish him with hellacious GnP.

I think Stipe's gameplan is revolving around winning rounds. And if opportunity arrives, OK he'll take it. But he won't force it. Stipe is not a power puncher, he is not a Ngannou type. And DC had strong chin down at LHW, what do you think will take to KO him @ HW? A sledgehammer?

Stay on the outside, use your reach advantage. Work legkicks and throw some bodyshots here and there and win rounds. That is the recepie. Anything else is very very risky and it's shown to not work on Daniel.

Does he have cardio for it, though?

I would say that he has it, provided DC doesn't turn the fight into a wrestling match somewhere along the way.

Hello Sherteam,

If Stipe wins this fight, do you see him getting an early finish? What successful outcomes can you see for Stipe and in what rounds?
Stipe path to victory in my view is a KO in the first 3 rounds.
- he never tries subs

If the fight goes beyond Rd.3, I expect Cormier to win via decision. It's clear from what Cormier said recently (UFC youtube videos) that he thinks this fight will likely go the distance. Cormier is a Master of getting the decision win if fights go the distance.

its tough because he likely wont stop dc in the first while hes fresh - unless he lands a big strike like a knee or something

but if it goes later rounds i think dc has the cardio advantage. we will see if stipe can win 3 rounds staying outside throwing straight punches with dc pressuring. i just dont think dc will let that go for 5 rounds. if stipe starts having success with that he will just plow through to get inside and make it a close range dog fight

I’ve followed Steve on one of his 24 hour American firefighter shifts. I’ve seen him drink Modelo with friends and colleagues after a hard days work. I’ve seen him give love and respect to his mother. Additionally I’ve witnessed him defend himself with any tactics necessary... using social media to get what he’s entitled to. He’s even stood by his soulmate knowing she’s done sexy time with manlet 1 round Cody.

Losing is not an option. His body is ready.

I would say that DC winning a decision is the most likely outcome but I think Stipe has a better chance to win by KO

Last edited:
I really can see Miocic out wrestlimg DC...
Doubt his gas tank can hold up, but he is much lighter this time round

I Want DC to win this, but I feel Miocic has it. He was doing great last fight and got eye poked twice /: and I doubt he'll make the same mistake again seperating from the clinch

Anywho
WAR DC

I'm a DC fan but Stipe looks like a fucking killer right now. I think it's going to take the best DC ever to beat him.

DC by the same method as last time, though. Ugly clinches, phone booth brawling, and then DC getting that left hand on Stipe's neck/head and bringing that right hand in from some funky angle and BOOM! IT'S ALL OVER!

Does he have cardio for it, though?

I would say that he has it, provided DC doesn't turn the fight into a wrestling match somewhere along the way.
Even with the reduced weight and obviously an emphasis on cardio training - point fighting in a pure striking battle for 5rds @ HW is a tall task, so it's a guess if he'll have the cardio even for that. But it's not a guarantee that even DC will have the cardio needed. We know that last time he fought for 5rds was in 2015 (and @ LHW), and we know that he is not a young buck anymore. I would say there is a questionmark around his cardio.

Could this turn into a wrestling match? I've watched some tape to refresh my memory and DC's takedowns are not too sophisticated. At least the entries. After each round his TDs gets more and more easily stuffed. And his control on the ground is not exactly top notch. The area where he really shines and do the real damage is in the clinch. His right uppercut is too powerful when he has his left hand to control your neck. His shots in close are powerful in general.

To be honest I think DC's chances to win a decision are worse than getting the KO again. I know it sounds a little bit crazy. But Stipe is not your average HW sack of lard - you have to work hard to outpoint him. He lost twice by finish and once by decision and was a war with JDS, remember? Closest comparison to Miocic in DC's UFC run I would say is Gus. And DC went through the grinder to win that fight. I think you have to be a lot better than Miocic to win a comfortable decision. You don't need a big margin to knock him out, tho. And opposite to popular belief, I think Miocic and DC are not that far apart in skills. Depending on the day and the preparation, both can win or lose. At least this is what I think, Harmonica. :)

Even with the reduced weight and obviously an emphasis on cardio training - point fighting in a pure striking battle for 5rds @ HW is a tall task, so it's a guess if he'll have the cardio even for that. But it's not a guarantee that even DC will have the cardio needed. We know that last time he fought for 5rds was in 2015 (and @ LHW), and we know that he is not a young buck anymore. I would say there is a questionmark around his cardio.

Could this turn into a wrestling match? I've watched some tape to refresh my memory and DC's takedowns are not too sophisticated. At least the entries. After each round his TDs gets more and more easily stuffed. And his control on the ground is not exactly top notch. The area where he really shines and do the real damage is in the clinch. His right uppercut is too powerful when he has his left hand to control your neck. His shots in close are powerful in general.

To be honest I think DC's chances to win a decision are worse than getting the KO again. I know it sounds a little bit crazy. But Stipe is not your average HW sack of lard - you have to work hard to outpoint him. He lost twice by finish and once by decision and was a war with JDS, remember? Closest comparison to Miocic in DC's UFC run I would say is Gus. And DC went through the grinder to win that. I think you have to be a lot better than Miocic to win a comfortable decision. You don't need a big margin to knock him out, tho. And opposite to popular belief, I think Miocic and DC are not that far apart in skills. Depending on the day and the preparation, both can win or lose. At least this is what I think, Harmonica. :)

<mma4>

I don't see stipe winning but if I did I would have to say DC retires before the fight and give up his belt is that a victory really for stipe. I like both guys I don't want to see anyone lose but imo it's gonna be stipe. DC is just on another level maybe I'm wrong we will see.

Back