Stipe dunking his baby

Qwerty1

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
Is this a common thing? Maybe im out of the loop?

Yes this is a great way to introduce babies to water. The more familiar people are with water the less likely they are to drown.

Good Dad Miocic.

Came here expecting to see Stipe dunk his baby through a basket - NBA style - left disappointed.

Training his future student how to deal in the deep waters.

Extremely beneficial if you want your kid to know how to swim when they get older and not act helpless.

Babies live in liquid for 9 months, so the sooner you get them back into the water the better. It wasn't like he was alone there was a class full of parents with little kids/babies in the pool.

This is how you prevent drowning, even if you don't own a pool every child should be taught to swim, its survival.

What I wanna know is what is that kangaroo pouch hes running in after that

Idk why but I had no idea this was actually a thing people do and that the baby’s brain is already wired to hold its breath under water. That’s crazy.

I've never seen that, and it seems dangerous to me. After a quick google search, he appears to be doing it wrong...
https://www.aquatots.com.au/news/article/?id=submerging-your-baby-the-correct-way

"Up until the age of three years old your baby has a reflex that we use for submerging. The reflex we use to condition the babies is a falling reflex, when your baby shuts their eyes their epiglottis (throat) will close over as well....
Keep in mind that your baby does have two cues. The verbal (1,2,3 under) and a physical cue, which is a small lift on the word under. You must hold your child horizontal in the water as a vertical submersion will push the water up their nose (this stings)."
Stipe didn't use verbal cues, and clearly dunked vertically, which could lead to a fear of swimming and also running the risk of secondary drowning (www.m.webmd.com/children/features) and or Hyponatremia/water intoxication (m.pediatrics.aappublications.org)

Stipe's speech was pretty damn bad in that time stamped video. CTE must suck.

Back