Before the KO, who was winning the DC/Stipe fight?

Hades86

Black Belt
@Black
Reaction score
Does it even matter?

Was it a fluke KO where Stipe didn't see the punch coming and 9/10 survive that punch?

Can Stipe avoid DC's power and maybe land some of his own?

Will DC do it again and prove the first fight was no fluke?

I'm HYPED AS FUCK for this fight.

tumblr_pj3b2qLYU31veglor_400.gif

Nobody was winning because the scorecards weren't even in yet. The fight was close. Then DC dominated.

Stipe was winning. But then the fight started turning for DC. He kept getting in close and landing shots. Then all of a sudden it was over. I think Stipe had landed more strikes overall but I never looked up the actual stats.

Stipe gets rocked in every single fight he takes part in. I think the round was even, but I dont see him fighting for 25 minutes against DC without getting clipped again. The difference between DC hurting him and Ngannou hurting him is that DC wont be stopped from chasing the finish with Stipes wrestling. If he gets clipped then grabs DC, he will end up on is back and in an arm triangle.

Course, I could be wrong.

Stipe was winning. But then the fight started turning for DC. He kept getting in close and landing shots. Then all of a sudden it was over. I think Stipe had landed more strikes overall but I never looked up the actual stats.
this

Stipe probably edges it but the tides were changing fast. Dc started winning the exchanges as well as stipe started to look tired and dc was putting it on him.

DC, clearly, not sure how you see it any other way, it'll be the same tomorrow, dc cements his legacy and stipe gets to be a stay at home dad

Stipe without a doubt

I think he keeps it up this time and KOs DC at the start of the 2nd rd

I remember Miocic winning... he was landing and definitely out muscling DC

But then Miocic started getting tired I'm pretty sure and DC started landing... but DC did poke him in the eye twice /: I want DC to win, but man, I feel he was kinda lucky with the eye pokes.
Let's hope for a clean fight and decisive winner :D

Stipe was controlling the fight for the first minute or 2,a few eyepokes later and he also seemed to tire,and you could feel the fight swing in dcs favour and then boom he got the ko.

Stipe needs to fight long or close in the clinch,dc was winning when he fought in the middle distance as he normally does.

it was like 50/50 until ko punch was delivered I think so its hard to say

Stipe had started being tagged regularly before the KO. He had some early strongkboi success but hadn't hurt DC... then started getting tagged and was clearly affected. I think DC was winning prior to the KO, but only if we assume the direction it was going continued... which it did....which lead to the KO.

It's heavyweight. one punch always changes everything.

Didnt stipe get eye poked?

This fight boils down to DC getting it in and doing his dirty boxing or stipe staying behind a fast hard jab and keeping distance.

Stipe got in the better shots but before the ko the fight was turning in favor of Cormier

Just watched it the other day. Stipe was winning at first but not dominating, then DC got more aggressive and started picking Stipe apart, then the KO. So I think it was fairly even with a slight edge to DC.

Does it even matter?

Was it a fluke KO where Stipe didn't see the punch coming and 9/10 survive that punch?

Can Stipe avoid DC's power and maybe land some of his own?

Will DC do it again and prove the first fight was no fluke?

I'm HYPED AS FUCK for this fight.

tumblr_pj3b2qLYU31veglor_400.gif
Stipe was coming forward and striking heaps. Not much landing though. Then the ko.
Check the facial damage. Cormier 0. Stipe a 7

Back