$40 Pro Mex 16oz at MMA HQ

Mulling over whether to get these. I know next-to-nothing about these gloves though; can anyone educate me about them please? Thanks!

Mulling over whether to get these. I know next-to-nothing about these gloves though; can anyone educate me about them please? Thanks!

From the few times I have borrowed them from my gym mates, they...

(a) tend to have a very wide hand compartment. we're talking Reye's like wide.

(b) tend to be very stiff. The wrist area is okay but everything above it feels very, very stiff. forming a fist (or clinching in muay thai) will be hard.

(c) construction is decent and the design is Mexican-like. Nothing mindblowing but $40 for full leather gloves aren't a bad deal.

This is for the 16oz lace up version (not the Velcro one on sale today) but I hope it helps nonetheless :icon_lol:

From the few times I have borrowed them from my gym mates, they...

(a) tend to have a very wide hand compartment. we're talking Reye's like wide.

(b) tend to be very stiff. The wrist area is okay but everything above it feels very, very stiff. forming a fist (or clinching in muay thai) will be hard.

(c) construction is decent and the design is Mexican-like. Nothing mindblowing but $40 for full leather gloves aren't a bad deal.

This is for the 16oz lace up version (not the Velcro one on sale today) but I hope it helps nonetheless :icon_lol:

Thanks Marbig, I really appreciate the info!

Back