Economy 40% of Americans don't have $500 for emergencies

Richmma80

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
This stat was posted awhile back. Who is to blame for 40% of Americans not having 500 bucks? From what I remember, I think the poster blamed the US government.

I’m for a lot of social programs.

but there are so many ignorant fucktards out there. I can’t fathom how in the fuck you cant have $500 saved up.

ignorant stupidity should not be rewarded. These people are either dumb, or made horrible life decisions.

the only people I feel for are the medical poor. It’s awful and almost criminal. Something needs to change there.

Who cares who’s fault it is, it’s bad news for everyone..

Don’t have or would rather saddle the government with their bills... I find that number very hard to believe.

I would guess that specific statistic is sometimes the fault of bad prioritizing. But I do also believe that many companies do not pay their workers fair wages for the amount of money the companies bring in. For example, nobody who works for a company like Walmart should be poor.

I do wonder though, if you paid those same 40% of people an extra $5,000 a year, what percentage of them would still not have $500 saved?

Last edited:
I must be part of the 1% if half the country doesnt have 500 bucks

Don't have $500 in cash?

What about other assets that they could potentially liquidate? Coins, jewelry, electronics, collectibles, etc.?

Whose fault? Theirs.
They do have that much, this for an emergency on top of their current bills. And the number that say they couldn't borrow or sell something for it is only 12%

I would guess that specific statistic is sometimes the fault of bad prioritizing. But I do also believe that many companies do not pay their workers fair wages for the amount of money the companies bring in. For example, nobody who works for a company like Walmart should be poor.

I do wonder though, if you paid those same 40% of people an extra $5,000 a year, what percentage of them would still not have $500 saved?

The companies that make that much do so because of how many employees they have, meaning they would have to downsize and fire a ton of people to be able to afford giving everyone raises. If I take $1 dollar from everyone on earth, I'd be one of those evil billionaires, but that doesn't mean I could afford to give everyone $5 back. For that same reason, that "A CEO makes ___x more than the average employee" is kind of bullshit because that does not mean they could afford to pay everyone that much more. It's not like the boss of some local business with 12 employees is making 100x more than his employees.

Using your example of Walmart, giving all of their employees an extra $5,000 a year would cost the company $11.5 billion, and the entire company's net income last year was only $6.5B.

This stat was posted awhile back. Who is to blame for 40% of Americans not having 500 bucks? From what I remember, I think the poster blamed the US government.

They are.

Everyone of them had a teacher that warned what would happen if they didn’t pay attention.

Should I start a business that's called $500 for emergencies? Then loan at huge interest?

$500 bucks barely gets you a bottle of gas station champagne and a box of condoms in an emergency

can’t imagine facing real problems with a stack of cash like that

lawyer
Doctor
New tires

80% of people have a 500$+ phone in their pocket. Most people are dumb asses

"As long as I can create a hypothetical scenario in which the alleged victim of a system could have avoided victimization I have proven that it's no fault of the system." - The Usual Gang of Shergoof's

Government should provide 8 hours of free life coaching via Skype for anyone that's willing. Teach a man to fish...don't send him on a monthly fish.

"As long as I can create a hypothetical scenario in which the alleged victim of a system could have avoided victimization I have proven that it's no fault of the system." - The Usual Gang of Shergoof's

Literally 90% of these turds could find themselves in a stable financial situation with a plan and an ounce of discipline

Sounds like some Americans need to have a can of beans every once in awhile instead of so many steak dinners. At least until enough is saved up.

Literally 90% of these turds could find themselves in a stable financial situation with a plan and an ounce of discipline

You are the flesh man who proves what I asserted wasn't a straw man. Thank you.

Back