Crime 4 year old boy dies of flu after anti vax mom ignores tamiflu prescription and consulted Facebook

Bullshit. A 4 year old with the flu so bad they had a seizure probably from dehydration would be monitored and given iv

My daughter (6) tested positive for the flu. Was vaccinated and took tamiflu and was back to school on 3 days and her 2 yo brother who was also vaccinated never got the flu

Tami flu cost like 12 bucks

Simple febrile seizures are common in children until the age of 5 and are mostly a benign phenomena (they very slightly increase the risk for development of epilepsy in the long term) but seizure is in a febrile child is meaningless for the most part. (All parents reading this who have children, you still need to take your kids to the ED in order to rule out other causes of seizure.)

Bullshit. A 4 year old with the flu so bad they had a seizure probably from dehydration would be monitored and given iv

My daughter (6) tested positive for the flu. Was vaccinated and took tamiflu and was back to school on 3 days and her 2 yo brother who was also vaccinated never got the flu

Tami flu cost like 12 bucks
The point was the child would be going to the Doctor because of the flu, not the seizure. According to the TS, the flu is what the doctor prescribed medicine for. What's he supposed to do about a seizure after the fact?

I had a flu shot this year.

guess what, I’ve been sick since Sunday with something.

the flu shot is a crapshoot but other vaccines for things like measles should be no brainers and over the counter flu remedies and shit should be ok.

Also wtf at not going to the ER when the kid had a seizure

.... what makes you think you have the flu?

.... what makes you think you have the flu?
I think I was running a fever for two days, my roommates kid who got sick first had a fever for a day and one day it got so bad they took her to the ER.

the constant runny nose, hacky almost smoker type cough with no gunk coming with it.

it’s admittedly given me a wonderful excuse for Hot Toddy’s though..... that are mostly whisky but still

I think I was running a fever for two days, my roommates kid who got sick first had a fever for a day and one day it got so bad they took her to the ER.

the constant runny nose, hacky almost smoker type cough with no gunk coming with it.

it’s admittedly given me a wonderful excuse for Hot Toddy’s though..... that are mostly whisky but still

That would put you solidly into the maybe flu territory. Doesnt actually mean much without a diagnosis though.

Other than an excuse for the hot toddy of course

That would put you solidly into the maybe flu territory. Doesnt actually mean much without a diagnosis though.

Other than an excuse for the hot toddy of course
I know it’s not pneumonia.... I’ve had that wonderful piece of shit twice.... once in the summer.

And it’s not a regular cold as my head feels like it’s filled with cotton balls so it kinda leaves one last thing.

Out of the 60 dead kids, how many took the meds? One dead kid means nothing

This reads like one of those paid ads for the flu shot. Are you being paid by the pharmecutical companies? Or are you one of the blind fools who does their bidding without being on the payroll?

The kid had the flu. He was prescribed medication to ease the symptoms. The mother witheld the medicine. The boy died.

She is an idiot.

I know it’s not pneumonia.... I’ve had that wonderful piece of shit twice.... once in the summer.

And it’s not a regular cold as my head feels like it’s filled with cotton balls so it kinda leaves one last thing.

Coronavirus?

Yeah fucker I’m almost certain between the two of us only one of has an MD attached to their name. You know the exact timeline that this woman got the prescription for her child In relation to when he first started showing symptoms?

Any reduction in systemic complications for critically ill patients is literally a matter of life and death. If she didn’t wait to put patchouli oil in her sons asshole instead of seeking appropriate treatment in the right time, maybe her kid would still be alive.
You anti-Vaxxer fucks and science denialist types will be the end of Western civilization.
Ok doctor, the article states that the kid was so sick, he was having seizures, you're telling me that Tamiflu would have worked?

Go on doctor, please go on.

mother should have put garlic in his socks and used vick vapor rub and essential oils. would have cured him right away

well, lessons learned. hopefully she wont have anymore kids to kill

The point was the child would be going to the Doctor because of the flu, not the seizure. According to the TS, the flu is what the doctor prescribed medicine for. What's he supposed to do about a seizure after the fact?
The parent never took this child to the doctor. The doctor prescribed Tamiflu for the entire family as a result of two positive tests on other children in the household. This child had seizures and showed no response to bullshit home remedies and was never taken in until it was too late

Ok doctor, the article states that the kid was so sick, he was having seizures, you're telling me that Tamiflu would have worked?

Go on doctor, please go on.
Tamiflu was prescribed when two other kids in the house tested positive for the flu. The kid that died should have been on tamiflu before the seizure but wasn't because anti vax dumb fuck didnt pick up the prescription

Tamiflu was prescribed when two other kids in the house tested positive for the flu. The kid that died should have been on tamiflu before the seizure but wasn't because anti vax dumb fuck didnt pick up the prescription
that's because the story is incomplete. Seems like a bit of misinformation going on here.

it's not like the parents were neglecting their kids, they were in the hospital with a 10 month old with the flu: https://fox6now.com/2020/02/06/colo...er-speaks-out-over-anti-vaxxer-criticism-tmw/

The articles are blaming the parents for not getting flu shots every 6 months, give me a break, who in here gets a flu shot every six months?

“The doc prescribed Tamiflu I did not pick it up,” is especially odd, considering the parents get back from the hospital and that same night, the kid collapses and basically brain dead.

The articles are blaming the parents for not getting flu shots every 6 months, give me a break, who in here gets a flu shot every six months?

Admittedly, I haven't read EVERY article, but I haven't seen a single one that blames the mother for not getting flu shots every 6 months. Flu shots aren't given every 6 months, so it seems odd that someone would be blamed for not getting flu shots every 6 months.

I'm in favor of some kind of testing process to determine who can have children.
There ought to be standards ffs.
Multi-level testing, vetting, application, back ground check, references...

I think dumb ppl have the right to be dumb. Live and let live.

No guarantee he would've survived either way, some people are born with weak constitutions that aren't equipped to sustain themselves in this world. Trying to keep them alive with artificial life support when they're suffering and don't have the spirit/strength to fight for their own lives can be seen as a form of torture as well.

The people acting like they know better or care more about the child than the mother... give me a break, you don't know better, you get things wrong all the time, as well as the external authority you'd subscribe to. Let parents raise their own children how they want and suffer the consequences on their own terms, rather than on someone elses.

Back