Crime 4 year old boy dies of flu after anti vax mom ignores tamiflu prescription and consulted Facebook

Disease is nature's way of weeding out the weaklings and vaccines are our way of making us weaker as a species.

Out of the 60 dead kids, how many took the meds? One dead kid means nothing

This reads like one of those paid ads for the flu shot. Are you being paid by the pharmecutical companies? Or are you one of the blind fools who does their bidding without being on the payroll?
I work at a medical research facility and have attended multiple science and ethics reviews for multiple phase studies, some of which are pharmaceutical industries testing their products on patients. Let me assure you that every doctor and pharmacist that votes are highly skeptical of pharmaceutical companies and their intentions, and are not shy about deferring studies. But all of those doctors will be on board about the basics of medicine such as vaccinations and fucking Tamiflu. I can't stand it when people's automatic reaction toward anything produced by the pharmaceutical industry is automatic rejection.

wild that you there's a test/standard for buying a gun, or driving a car

but having a kid?

literally the most worthless person on earth can have multiple, zero questions asked

that's a problem
Thats... the point of life.

Why are so many of you interested in being literal slaves? What the hell has happened

but having a kid?

literally the most worthless person on earth can have multiple, zero questions asked

that's a problem
Are you suggesting the government should enforce human breeding standards? You want to violate the most fundamental biological right we have?

but having a kid?

that's a problem
That's more of a natural rights debate I think. As in, which things should be administered and which things are the rights of people. Plus, it's essentially unenforceable in a free society.

I would blame this mother for not immediately taking her child to the ER when he had a fucking seizure.

But the yearly flu shot is a complete crap shoot and something like Tamiflu should always be considered optional in the case of flu-like symptoms.

And assuming this mother is not a psychopath, rest assured her grief is causing her a far greater pain than any punishment the law could inflict.

I work at a medical research facility and have attended multiple science and ethics reviews for multiple phase studies, some of which are pharmaceutical industries testing their products on patients. Let me assure you that every doctor and pharmacist that votes are highly skeptical of pharmaceutical companies and their intentions, and are not shy about deferring studies. But all of those doctors will be on board about the basics of medicine such as vaccinations and fucking Tamiflu. I can't stand it when people's automatic reaction toward anything produced by the pharmaceutical industry is automatic rejection.

Oseltamivir was first marketed in the US in 1999. The original US Food and Drug Administration (US FDA) approved professional product label indicated only a modest clinical benefit for the drug in reducing the duration of flu symptoms, a little more than a day.[2] The marketing authorization application submitted by the drug’s manufacturer did not contain information on its effectiveness in preventing complications due to influenza such as hospitalization, secondary bacterial infections, or mortality.[3] Oseltamivir’s professional product label was amended in 2000 to reflect that there was no evidence that the drug would prevent the complications of influenza.[4]
https://www.bmj.com/content/357/bmj.j2841/rr

Thats... the point of life.

Why are so many of you interested in being literal slaves? What the hell has happened
no, it's not. Not when people routinely have to rely on Government assistance to support said children.....

Having a kid is fine, when you can completely fund it.

Are you suggesting the government should enforce human breeding standards? You want to violate the most fundamental biological right we have?
Breeding standards? no

Smart fiscal policies to not promote having kids one can't afford? absolutely

i'd remove all tax breaks for children if it was up to me

Sad about the passing of the boy. As some have mentioned, the reporting might be fake news. Maybe the boy did take Tamiful.

I can remember in the past there being a good amount of controversy with Tamiflu. Studies done on it were not finding it all that effective. There was also the problem of the manufacture not releasing safety data. a little of that can be read here~

Does Tamiflu actually work (and is it safe)?
http://www.drbriffa.com/2009/12/11/does-tamiflu-actually-work-and-is-it-safe/

Most of us will be familiar with the H1N1 (‘swine flu’) pandemic that never was. At the height of the hysteria here in the UK, individuals could phone up a help-line, answer a few questions, and get sent the drug Tamiflu (oseltamivir). According to a news report here, it turns out that only about 20 per cent of the people who were dispensed Tamiflu (over the phone) for H1N1 infection actually had H1N1 infection. Apparently, about 800,000 packets of Tamiflu (at about £15 a pop) were dispensed erroneously.

But the real story is not so much about this, I think, but the fact that it also turns out there really is no very good evidence that Tamiflu does much good. A review of the relevant evidence has this week been published in the British Medical Journal [1]. The authors of this study belong to an esteemed and generally trusted collection of researchers referred to as the ‘Cochrane Collaboration’.

One of the findings of this study is that Tamiflu does reduce the duration of influenza symptoms, by about a day. The authors describe this as a “modest benefit”. I’m inclined to agree with them.

Another outcome assessed by this review related to the complications of flu. Flu is generally harmless, but it becomes less harmless should it lead to complications such as chest infections (lower respiratory tract infection). Now, previously there had been a meta-analysis (a conglomeration of relevant studies) that appeared to show benefit on this account. This was included in a previous review (2005) by the same authors. Now, though, the authors have decided to discount it. That’s because of the 10 studies that made up the meta-analysis, only two were actually published. According to the review authors: “the remainder were offered to us under conditions we thought unacceptable, and what was offered to us was insufficient to analyse properly”. One wonders why the original meta-analysis was included in the previous review, seeing as it was of such dubious quality. But, I suppose even researchers from the esteemed Cochrane Collaboration can make mistakes.

The authors also comment that: “The remaining data showed no benefit for oseltamivir against complications.” In other words, there really is no good evidence that Tamiflu reduces the risk of complications.

And that’s not all, with regard to their assessment of the potential harms, the authors comment: “We therefore found under-reported evidence of varied quality, which could not answer concerns about the toxicity of neuraminidase inhibitors, especially oseltamivir. Governments should set up studies to monitor the safety of neuraminidase inhibitors.”

So, in summary, what we have in Tamiflu is a drug of modest benefit and, largely, unknown safety. And this drug was apparently dished out to a million people, the vast majority of whom didn’t even have the infection Tamiflu was supposed to be treating. Excuse me if I don’t regard this as a shining example of ‘evidence-based medicine’. But, we all know we can trust out Governments to give us the best advice and healthcare, right?

References:

1. Jefferson T, et al. Neuraminidase inhibitors for preventing and treating influenza in healthy adults: systematic review and meta-analysis. BMJ 2009;339:b5106

I would blame this mother for not immediately taking her child to the ER when he had a fucking seizure.
According to most medical professionals, a seizure is benign... at least if it's after a vaccination.

Oseltamivir was first marketed in the US in 1999. The original US Food and Drug Administration (US FDA) approved professional product label indicated only a modest clinical benefit for the drug in reducing the duration of flu symptoms, a little more than a day.[2] The marketing authorization application submitted by the drug’s manufacturer did not contain information on its effectiveness in preventing complications due to influenza such as hospitalization, secondary bacterial infections, or mortality.[3] Oseltamivir’s professional product label was amended in 2000 to reflect that there was no evidence that the drug would prevent the complications of influenza.[4]
https://www.bmj.com/content/357/bmj.j2841/rr
No shit
It’s not meant to stop the flu

i've never had a flu shot and i only died twice.

lolz @ anti-anti-vaxers (there's gotta be a better term for this, but pro-vaxer isn't really right) bitching about flus now. and over fake news, anyway.

Breeding standards? no

Smart fiscal policies to not promote having kids one can't afford? absolutely

i'd remove all tax breaks for children if it was up to me
You essentially are. You're implying that standards imposed for breeding rights would benefit society, ignoring the horrific human rights violations necessary to enforce it.

According to most medical professionals, a seizure is benign... at least if it's after a vaccination.

How could something as safe as baby aspirin possibly produce a seizure, though, bro?? /s

all of those doctors will be on board about the basics of medicine such as vaccinations and fucking Tamiflu.
And just like that, your argument goes out the window. All the doctors. Every single one. This is patently false and proof you don't understand that with which you claim to have knowledge.

You work at a medical center...doing what? I know a janitor at Staples center, doesn't mean he plays for the Lakers.

Out of the 60 dead kids, how many took the meds? One dead kid means nothing

This reads like one of those paid ads for the flu shot. Are you being paid by the pharmecutical companies? Or are you one of the blind fools who does their bidding without being on the payroll?

So ...your a moron then?

But the yearly flu shot is a complete crap shoot and something like Tamiflu should always be considered optional in the case of flu-like symptoms.

And assuming this mother is not a psychopath, rest assured her grief is causing her a far greater pain than any punishment the law could inflict.
I had a flu shot this year.

guess what, I’ve been sick since Sunday with something.

the flu shot is a crapshoot but other vaccines for things like measles should be no brainers and over the counter flu remedies and shit should be ok.

Also wtf at not going to the ER when the kid had a seizure

Back