4 way tournie - Sylvia, Fulton, Madsen, Shivers - who you got?

Madsen for sure, with some improved striking Madsen could be a legit HW in the UFC. Also interested to see what Shivers could do, got robbed against McSweeney on TUF.

lol @ guys saying Struve and Kos.

Fulton by far. 195-46-11 since '96.

If the rumored 4 way grand prix to happen this summer with Travis Fulton, Tim Sylvia, Jon Madsen, & Wes Shivers actually happens at Openweight, who you got?

there was a facebook post by Jeff Sherwood about this

Madsen with Fulton having the least likely chance of winning. I'd like to see Fulton vs. Sylvia to start it, god that would be a horrible fight.

Madsen for sure, with some improved striking Madsen could be a legit HW in the UFC. Also interested to see what Shivers could do, got robbed against McSweeney on TUF.

This.
Madsen is no joke. His UFC cut pissed me off a bit. I don't particularly like him, but he was clearly still learning other aspects of the sport, and was probably warned that his fighting style was boring so he went out and completely murdered Gilbert Yvel standing, finishing him in the 1st. Then he loses due to a doctor stoppage, and gets cut.

Shivers is one of my favourite TUF characters of all time. He barely said or did anything, but whenever he did he sounded like the token southern Sheriff on some shitty daytime detective show!

"Ol' Roy's gon' hav his hands full with ol' Kimbo Slice".

Proper nice dude, too!

Not if it's in the US.

Why do you say this? There are 1 night tourneys all the time in the US
The biggest one I remember was the 8 man 1 night tourney in Oklahoma with Drew Fickett, Dennis Bermudez, Prater, Crunkilton, Crazyhorse, etc.. That was Shine Fights, yes smaller orgs but not uncommon, and there was a big one in England last year so Im sure these guys wouldnt care what country the fight was in

Who's promoting/backing this?

Probably Madsen, but Timmeh could surprise.
He's been outstruck by some mediocre guys, but I can't remember any non-elite guys ever outgrappling him. He might show Madsen that the biggest bull seal usually wins.

Madsen via wrestling and not being completely spent. Fulton and Sylvia have hundreds of fights between the two of them, but are below .500 when fighting anyone ranked in the past 6 years or so. Shivers looked terrible on TUF, don't know if that's reflective of him as a fighter.

Will this grand prix be a 1 night tourney?

The info came from Jeff Sherwood's Facebook.

epq3hw.png

So its Wes Sims not Wes Shivers?

Couldn't see sims beating any of these 3 guys.

lol @ guys saying struve and kos. Fulton by far

I'd say Madsen. He showed promise on tuf, could of beaten Schuab if not for the fence grabbing. Very quick shoot but he gives up a huge weight disadvantage against shivers and Tim. Plus the guy hasn't fought since his bullshit cut from the UFC roster. Also surprised Shivers is back he will have even more ring rust.

Madsen. Winner should have a case to get a fight in titan

Back