4 UFC calibre fighters in one Bellator show!

D'Arce,

Thanks for your thoughtful response.

On Hawn: maybe not top 10 - but still, he scares me. Top wrestling and KO power. As for Chandler, I'm a huge fan. The Alvarez fight converted me - he (well Eddie too) has mad heart.

Yeah, I was being 100% hypothetical regarding the absorption. The UFC roster is bloated enough as it is.

Same for me with Chandler. I thought he would make it a fight, but was shocked he beat Eddie. Not sure I think he would do it again, so I'm clearly still not giving him his due. I just think that fight is going to turn Eddie into a monster. Lot of uncertainty about where Eddie will end up per Dana's comments, but the one side of him being in Bellator still would be that I would love to see a rematch with Chandler. Not as much as I would like to see Eddie in the UFC, but still.....

As for Hawn I think it's a judo background more than wrestling and while that's an interesting aspect I don't think it would match up well with guys all the way from Miller to Maynard to Bendo but yeah Rick is a fun one to watch. He's sort of the perfect kind of example for me of a Bellator fighter. I feel like he would get to the UFC, have some good fights but eventually get cut whereas Bellator I think he obviously doesn't face the same level of talent but there are big fights to be had for him. I think they are going to catch on to needing to let their guys fight more if they get knocked out the respective tourney's. Same thing with their champions.

Last edited:
Could be wrong, but actually didn't think he was mocking you. Think the TS was saying that actually made more sense for why they stacked the card. Could be wrong though......

It was a strange way to respond to me and leads me to believe that TS is a defensive individual.

Same for me with Chandler. I thought he would make it a fight, but was shocked he beat Eddie. Not sure I think he would do it again, so I'm clearly still not giving him his due. I just think that fight is going to turn Eddie into a monster. Lot of uncertainty about where Eddie will end up per Dana's comments, but the one side of him being in Bellator still would be that I would love to see a rematch with Chandler. Not as much as I would like to see Eddie in the UFC, but still.....

As for Hawn I think it's a judo background more than wrestling and while that's an interesting aspect I don't think it would match up well with guys all the way from Miller to Maynard to Bendo but yeah Rick is a fun one to watch. He's sort of the perfect kind of example for me of a Bellator fighter. I feel like he would get to the UFC, have some good fights but eventually get cut whereas Bellator I think he obviously doesn't face the same level of talent but there are big fights to be had for him. I think they are going to catch on to needing to let their guys fit more if they get knocked out the respective tourney's. Same thing with their champions.

My bad on the Judo. It is quite the underrated discipline! Interesting. Yeah, Chandler vs Alvarez was one of the few fights I ended up rooting for both guys. What about featherweight, though? Do you think Curran and Pitbull would have more of an impact on the more shallow division?

My bad on the Judo. It is quite the underrated discipline! Interesting. Yeah, Chandler vs Alvarez was one of the few fights I ended up rooting for both guys. What about featherweight, though? Do you think Curran and Pitbull would have more of an impact on the more shallow division?

100% yes on this one. Think they both would be very strong adds to a division that is already really pumping out some fun new talent like Mendes, Koch, Poirier, etc. Could lead to some interesting fights.

Really wish they would have put Chandler/Hawn and Curran/Pitbull on 2 seperate cards.

100% yes on this one. Think they both would be very strong adds to a division that is already really pumping out some fun new talent like Mendes, Koch, Poirier, etc. Could lead to some interesting fights.

Speaking of which, why the hell is Mendes getting such an easy ride? His last two fights - and now Gamburyan. Do you think this is just a case of no-one-available? Hard to believe 3 consecutive times...

Curran should have been brought into the UFC along time ago. that man is amazing

Curran should have been brought into the UFC along time ago. that man is amazing

I love him - allthough he fights quite conservatively - not sure how that would work against fighters like KZ...

Really wish they would have put Chandler/Hawn and Curran/Pitbull on 2 seperate cards.

I hear ya, but it's their first card on Spike under their big new deal with Viacom. They are going for broke and trying to come out of the gate strong. I think it's 100% the way to do. I'm more surprised it's on a Thursday night at 10PM ET given how much these networks just zone in on ratings possibilities.

Speaking of which, why the hell is Mendes getting such an easy ride? His last two fights - and now Gamburyan. Do you think this is just a case of no-one-available? Hard to believe 3 consecutive times...

Yes. He lost to Aldo and in these newer UFC divisions I think you saw Urijah get all those title fights in a short span despite losing them and I don't see that happening a lot more. I just think they don't want Mendes to potentially derail someone they are building up, but at the same point want him to fight some tough guys and Manny is that if nothing else.

What the hell, people? The guy says he's excited for Bellator's Spike debut and thinks some of the guys on this card could make waves in the UFC and everyone jumps all over him. Nothing he said was outrageous or fanboy bullshit.

I'm looking forward to Bellator's next season too, it looks like it will be a good one.

Back