1. The official Sherdog Store is back! Check it out! » Discuss it here! »

4 time state champion vs ?????

Discussion in 'Grappling Technique' started by migsk8, Oct 12, 2010.

1. Title Fight Productions Steel Belt

Why would he "PM" you? You made the thread about this, so you bring your sh!tty little ass back in here and updates all of us, ya dig?:mad:

2. MMA junkie Purple Belt

Interesting thread. Gym victories are gym victories. Big whooptido.

I let a white belt pass my guard a few times yesterday (with resistance) so it could give him a little confidence in the upcoming tournament.

3. Knuckles69 Purple Belt

Exactly.

I'm one of the assistant coaches at my academy and most of the time we roll 5 minute rounds and lately working a lot of guard. When we get our 1 minute warning I'm keeping time in my head and no matter what I'm going to try to let the person I'm working with end on a high note to give them some confidence going forward.

There's no such thing as a 'win' when it comes to rolling in class.

4. cjlewis01 Drained Ear Belt/Paper Airplane Champ

Pulling Guard in MMA... Getting my Ear Swell ON...
    This is probably the best advice to remember, when wins and losses are not being considered then the best chance for improvement is!

5. NewWorldBJJ White Belt

I know of a couple "Robs". One's a purple now and the other one might be as well, if not he's close. I've never seen you tap them but I've been gone for a little bit. I'll be there tonight though.

Obviously my first post so hi everyone. I'm a Blue Belt and I train at New World. (Belt only relevant to the subject at hand...I'm not that good.)

6. KahleyTriangles Blue Belt

I'd love to get video of the TS as he walks into the school. Oh man, I'm sure he's stepped on a few toes at his academy with this thread. LOL.

7. DeOpresoLibre Orange Belt

The wrestling coach at my school is Ukrainian national champ in freestyle, however he doesn't know any submissions yet he BLOWS through guys guards like they don't exist. And I'm talking about high level guys.

8. roberob89 White Belt

What's up dude?I'm the other Rob. Rob M is the one who just recently got his purple belt, it's about time that guy is an absolute unstoppable beast!!! Tell everyone I said hello and I wish I could be there training with you guys....small world huh?

9. NewWorldBJJ White Belt

Yeah I just rolled no gi with Rob last night :icon_cry2. Sorry to see you had to leave, keep training though brother.