4 time state champion vs ?????

Discussion in 'Grappling Technique' started by migsk8, Oct 12, 2010.

1. migsk8

migsk8 White Belt

trolls <3

Last edited: Oct 13, 2010
  2. BatBoyJG

BatBoyJG Brown Belt

Unless you are a decent Blue he is gonna rape you

3. knoxpk

knoxpk Black Belt

4. crackbaby420**

crackbaby420** Yellow Belt

Ive rolled with some really good wrestlers and they learn bjj quick. They r hard as hell to sweep and really just control from any position. They have a good understanding of distributing their weight in different positions. Though, their guards are weak but still hard to pass because they dont ever stop moving, so your passes will still need to be on point. They do lack submission knowledge so u can catch them in subs just like a normal whitebelt but they will catch on quick.

5. migsk8

migsk8 White Belt

bahahaha yeah that was quick, i knew someone would know him, oh crap and im guessing you know what happened to him with those encouraging words of yours

6. knoxpk

knoxpk Black Belt

Actually I dont know, but a very common thing for a wrestler to do on the 1st few days is to try to pry the legs open with one arm and then promptly get caught in an triangle or armbar. They stay away from that and then pretty much turn it into a sweep and position game which a wrestler of his caliber can win against even some of the better guys in the gym.

Oh, and all I did was google UVA's recruitng class.

7. symphonyx547**

symphonyx547** Purple Belt

This.
    This.

Once he learns the basics he is going to be hell to deal with no-gi unless your 20lbs bigger or so, Im like 190lbs so no biggy for me , but i rolled with this 180lbs wrestler with basic BJJ understanding and boy was it frustrating. he was just solid wrestler and about total of 8 years wrestling so alot of grappling exp.

8. migsk8

migsk8 White Belt

well i have to work on the days we have nogi so he says he wants to walk in with me to the academy, so Thursday is the day we're going, but he's putting on a gi. also no im not technically a blue belt yet because i trained a year before on my own and got really good for training in my garage, i won or placed in all the tourneys i could drive to, so when i decided to start training at an academy my instructor could see i have had previous training and it showed, im up to 4 stripes in about 5 months and i can submit all of our blue belts. i know its coming VERY soon i just have to put in a little more mat time. i have all the requirements our blue belts have also btw. just not the time in the academy. we'll see what happens thursday tho. i dont foresee this going very well tho, i just watched the video you posted and its funny how fast they turn their backs towards you. tsk tsk

9. knoxpk

knoxpk Black Belt

The back turning only comes into play when they are getting put towards their back or get taken down, both are very hard to do against the likes of him.

10. D4rthKitty

D4rthKitty Black Belt

He definitely will be a handful for you, all wrestlers got great top control and he will have the physicality to power out of some submission holds unless you are considerably bigger than him

I just wrestled in middle school and high school and my instructors have told me that i am well ahead of the white belt that i hold right now. I just need to learn more of the basics about submissions and working off my back

11. BigCP84**

BigCP84** There are no absolutes!

He will learn fast. I think he will have an advantage over your average white belt. I know in my local comps they dont allow wrestlers to compete in the beginner devision. So I think that says something there.

12. bora y

bora y Purple Belt

sounds to me like somebody is a little insecure.

also, that whole "blue belt level" means nothing to anybody, so it's not worth talking about

13. D4rthKitty

D4rthKitty Black Belt

Really? Is it just college wrestlers?

14. BigCP84**

The big tournament coming up, Grapplers Quest Canada says, "Men's Novice No-Gi (Less than 9 Months Training - NO WRESTLERS" and most big comps say something similar. Some have both no wrestlers gi and no-gi.

Last edited: Oct 12, 2010
  15. killakoy

killakoy Purple Belt

Man... he wrecked that other kid. That's exactly what I mean by mentally breaking your opponent. You see how he was always attacking the head and posting on the neck when he was on top... he made the other kid go defensive about half way through.

When he goes to BJJ practice, prepare for an intensity you only see from spazzes. Until he learns the typical pace of BJJ, someone's gunna be worked over.

And my bet is he'll learn fast. Once a purple belt told me two-in, two-out... I rarely would get caught in triangles after that.

16. migsk8

migsk8 White Belt

he's the blonde kid that lost, not the winner lol

17. BigCP84**

18. DPS831

DPS831 Purple Belt

No shame in that, David Taylor's high school record was 180-2; I've seen him wrestle in person and he is an absolute beast. Only 4x Ironman champ in the history of the tournament; and anyone who follows high school wrestling knows how big of a deal that is.

19. killakoy

killakoy Purple Belt

oops, well everyone loses at some point. But really, at that level, coming from BJJ, you wouldn't even be able to tell the two apart.

20. Title Fight Productions

Title Fight Productions Steel Belt

LOL, this is going to be a very eye opening experience for you and your BJJ buddies.