4 seasons in of Sopranos and I can't decide if I like it

Headkicktoleg

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I like the characters, but the story telling is very strange. Story lines tend to pop up like 3/4 through a season and are either immediately resolved in 1 episode or just completely dropped. Then some weird storyline from 2 seasons ago is referenced at the end of a phone call. The show is very watchable and entertaining, but is it actually good?

It's good, but it's not perfect. Some stuff gets brought up and is meandered down in weird esoteric writing and then disregarded. Some storylines are brought up and then just dropped in a way that is passed off as reflecting the unpredictability of real life. But these issues are generally minor and it's worth the journey overall.

Not just good... But one of the best.

The sopranos, The Wire and The Shield are the holy trinity of shows.

But of course it's just my opinion.

I've watched this show twice over. It's one of the best for sure.

One of the best shows out there. It's really not a very plot driven show which makes it a show that is very easy to rewatch. Character depth and development is the best part of the show.

One of the best shows out there. It's really not a very plot driven show which makes it a show that is very easy to rewatch. Character depth and development is the best part of the show.

Yeah it's very weird watching a show where the seasons don't really have an overriding arc.

The Sopranos is one of the best TV shows of all time.

UnitedAcidicHogget-max-1mb.gif

Watch it, OP.

This is now a Soprano's thread.

One of my favorites. No show is "perfect", but it still makes me laugh all these years later. Uncle Junior was seriously hilarious.

giphy.gif

tenor.gif

Top 2 for me, along with GoT. David Chase said he left things hanging intentionally throughout the series to mirror real life. It was a little annoying but I LOVED the show. Spectacular casting.

Top 2 for me, along with GoT. David Chase said he left things hanging intentionally throughout the series to mirror real life. It was a little annoying but I LOVED the show. Spectacular casting.
I can see that, also I only recently realized your AV is from Sopranos.

Pay attention to the real subtle things.

Paulie walnuts is the only guy on the show who can smile and frown simultaneously. That is a very dangerous facial expression in a mafioso.

OZ Friends and Sopranos was great watching back then but now it's little boring

If you don’t like the sopranos

GTFO

Pay attention to the real subtle things.

Paulie walnuts is the only guy on the show who can smile and frown simultaneously. That is a very dangerous facial expression in a mafioso.

He's a bit pissed off lately. He just want his mom to live a nice life.

i'm in the same boat.
started watching the show, and got to somewhere around the 4th or 5th season, and then just stopped.
maybe it just hasn't aged well. or maybe i'm just bored of mafia shows.
in the time i've stopped watching the Sopranos, i've watched GOT and the Wire twice. both those shows are much more interesting to me than the tired tale of an italian gangster.

Back