4 reasons why kevin Lee has no future in UFC

Discussion in 'UFC Discussion' started by Tap machine, Dec 4, 2018.

1. L0ki

L0ki Silver Belt

Lee has shown to be pretty good, thus far.

His top control is solid.

Gonna be interesting to see how the rematch with Al goes but yeah, he was pounding the Hel out of T Ferg.

Not sure how much of an issue the infection was but that 1st was nasty af.

Wouldn't mind a rematch with T-Ferg if everything goes well, tbh.

2. RonniePickering

RonniePickering Green Belt

Colby was 169 in his last fight, he could make 166 (LW limit) and beat RDA again. RDA needs a better nutritionist

3. Blond

Blond Purple Belt

He is talented, but also seems a little fragile. I could see a guy like him going on a decline out of nowhere.

4. fecalpoint

fecalpoint Double Yellow Card Double Yellow Card

Lee talks a lot of shit but he’s a great fighter. Also, weak chin? Not really.

James L likes this.
  5. James L

James L a lifelong friend of yours

Not to be a dick to the TS, but aside from a few initial incredulous replies, the only thing funnier than him suggesting that Kevin Lee has no future in the UFC is this gif right here

6. flairleguccijoints

flairleguccijoints Green Belt

Hate thread disguised as “reasons”.

7. TRYHARD 2001

TRYHARD 2001 Silver Belt

I couldn't agree more. That being said, when Lee gets caught clean, he doesn't just march through it like the tougher men in the division manage to do. He gets hit, he gets wobbly as hell, and provides us with some amazingly funny moments. His chin is not glass by any means, but it is definitely the weak link in his game. Besides that, when he comes in healthy I haven't really seen any areas where he isn't a beast, including his cardio.

8. jeff7b9

jeff7b9 Red Belt

No. He will disappoint the shit out of you and various other haters.

He is one of the most dangerous LWs period, Khabib's biggest threat imo and he is getting better.

Chin is fine, defense is improving, add a little more head movement and minor technical adjustments (head off center line, more feints) and he will have a "granite chin" (since his "weak chin", even though he has never been close to KOed, is a myth.)

9. jeff7b9

jeff7b9 Red Belt

It's not his chin it's his defense. Which can be fixed and he is catching his striking up to his grappling.

10. IloveTHIS

IloveTHIS Silver Belt

Dumb thread. Not even worth the effort explaining why. I'm sure other people already got it covered

11. FireKidWS

FireKidWS TheMeanStreets

10/10

IngaVovchanchyn likes this.
  12. TRYHARD 2001

TRYHARD 2001 Silver Belt

His striking is legit and always has been, really. The guy just does not wear a shot all that well. What really separates him from the pack though is his ground game; if he has your back, you're pretty much done!

13. jeff7b9

jeff7b9 Red Belt

He has power and takedown threat and he is an excellent finisher, and yes if he gets back control it's a wrap.

But I think he has a few technical flaws in his striking defense, probably exacerbated by the other threats allowing him to be fairly successful even with these flaws. He is a smart guy (at least fighting wise) and I expect him to clean his defense up.

- He doesn't feint enough
    - he drops his hands when he throws strikes
    - he moves in and out on straight lines too much

Fixable shit. In fact if he works level change feints into his game I think he could start confusing the shit out of people and get standing KOs. He could also adjust to a style that would lend itself better to striking defense, as an example Yoel, another big muscular explosive wrestler has looked tremendous since he has incorporated "cross guard" style boxing, he has fought 3 stand up fights in a row with elite strikers without getting dropped or ever being in serious danger. This is a great style to conserve energy on defense.

He has all the tools to be a champ in my book and I expect to see him with a belt at some point.

MescalineDreams and Phisher like this.
  14. SteveColdStone

SteveColdStone Purple Belt

156 you mean

15. BuddyGuy

BuddyGuy The less you work the more money you make

It's true I watched a training video of him in Thailand and just being a tourist .....he was actually likeable lol......when he is "on" for the cameras not so much

16. TriangleMonkey

TriangleMonkey Black Belt

The MMA capital of the world, the Midwest
    One reason is he’s getting inside heel-hooked by AL pretty soon

17. snackgod

snackgod Red Belt

the 165 talk is fake news. either fight at 170 or fix there diets so there weigh is less when there fight camps start to make 155

18. WHITE ANDERSON

WHITE ANDERSON Purple Belt

so you're saying he's the same height as the current WW champ

19. MescalineDreams

MescalineDreams Silver Belt

Was outstriking Tony on the feet, took him down and even mounted him. His grappling Is quite underrated as well.

His fight with Barboza was a clear Indication that he can go 5 rounds without tiring, so him gassing In the Ferguson fight Is a rare anomaly due to the staph. A healthy Kevin Lee beats Tony.

and he's only 25, In a few years I have a hard time seeing anyone beat him quite honestly. He's the future of the division.

HHJ likes this.
  20. MescalineDreams

MescalineDreams Silver Belt

fair assessment

His offense from a technical standpoint Is coming along but he definitely has some flaws In his defense. So do most In MMA though with few exceptions. He's been with Mayweather's gym for a few years now so presumably he'll only continue to fill those holes In his game.