4 reasons why kevin Lee has no future in UFC

Lee has shown to be pretty good, thus far.

His top control is solid.

Gonna be interesting to see how the rematch with Al goes but yeah, he was pounding the Hel out of T Ferg.

Not sure how much of an issue the infection was but that 1st was nasty af.

Wouldn't mind a rematch with T-Ferg if everything goes well, tbh.

He is talented, but also seems a little fragile. I could see a guy like him going on a decline out of nowhere.

Lee talks a lot of shit but he’s a great fighter. Also, weak chin? Not really.

insert post containing solid points that should've ended the thread

Not to be a dick to the TS, but aside from a few initial incredulous replies, the only thing funnier than him suggesting that Kevin Lee has no future in the UFC is this gif right here

ezgif-1-7e4331c7041b-gif.482435

You have to be mentally handicapped to think Kevin Lee has a glass chin. Like actually mentally retarded and on the spectrum.

He has been TKOd once and never once was he out of it, he was up immediately after the stoppage on still legs wanting to continue. The same Wheel kick that sent Etim to another dimension merely wobbled Kevin Lee, didn’t even drop him.

Kevin Lee is just a fighter who has the a type of personality lots of people hate (mostly insecure people with low self confidence) so people will grasp onto anything they can to downplay his ability and make him seem like a trash fighter. Kevin Lee is a Top 3 LW and Khabib’s worst matchup in the division.

I couldn't agree more. That being said, when Lee gets caught clean, he doesn't just march through it like the tougher men in the division manage to do. He gets hit, he gets wobbly as hell, and provides us with some amazingly funny moments. His chin is not glass by any means, but it is definitely the weak link in his game. Besides that, when he comes in healthy I haven't really seen any areas where he isn't a beast, including his cardio.

No. He will disappoint the shit out of you and various other haters.

He is one of the most dangerous LWs period, Khabib's biggest threat imo and he is getting better.

Chin is fine, defense is improving, add a little more head movement and minor technical adjustments (head off center line, more feints) and he will have a "granite chin" (since his "weak chin", even though he has never been close to KOed, is a myth.)

I couldn't agree more. That being said, when Lee gets caught clean, he doesn't just march through it like the tougher men in the division manage to do. He gets hit, he gets wobbly as hell, and provides us with some amazingly funny moments. His chin is not glass by any means, but it is definitely the weak link in his game. Besides that, when he comes in healthy I haven't really seen any areas where he isn't a beast, including his cardio.
It's not his chin it's his defense. Which can be fixed and he is catching his striking up to his grappling.

Dumb thread. Not even worth the effort explaining why. I'm sure other people already got it covered

Lee's got a good chin for sure. The rumor going around is that Lee got into an altercation at the library. He was using the library computers to shitpost on Sherdog and was laughing at some nonsense he saw there. The librarian asked him to quite down and he kept laughing real loud. She got up in his face and after some pushing and shoving she sucker punched him with a mean left hook and followed it up with a right uppercut. Dude just ate it like it was nothing. Believe me, the ladies in the kids section can usually crack.

Anyway, it's not entirely confirmed that it was Lee, but my hairddresser said it looked exactly like him. Hairdressers are stereotypically gay, and MMA is really gay too, so I'm guessing he's a hardcore fan who knows what hes talking about. I rate it like 90% likely to be true.

10/10

It's not his chin it's his defense. Which can be fixed and he is catching his striking up to his grappling.

His striking is legit and always has been, really. The guy just does not wear a shot all that well. What really separates him from the pack though is his ground game; if he has your back, you're pretty much done!

His striking is legit and always has been, really. The guy just does not wear a shot all that well. What really separates him from the pack though is his ground game; if he has your back, you're pretty much done!
He has power and takedown threat and he is an excellent finisher, and yes if he gets back control it's a wrap.

But I think he has a few technical flaws in his striking defense, probably exacerbated by the other threats allowing him to be fairly successful even with these flaws. He is a smart guy (at least fighting wise) and I expect him to clean his defense up.

- He doesn't feint enough
- he drops his hands when he throws strikes
- he moves in and out on straight lines too much

Fixable shit. In fact if he works level change feints into his game I think he could start confusing the shit out of people and get standing KOs. He could also adjust to a style that would lend itself better to striking defense, as an example Yoel, another big muscular explosive wrestler has looked tremendous since he has incorporated "cross guard" style boxing, he has fought 3 stand up fights in a row with elite strikers without getting dropped or ever being in serious danger. This is a great style to conserve energy on defense.

He has all the tools to be a champ in my book and I expect to see him with a belt at some point.

The only reason people on here don't like Kevin lee is because his personality is cancer, if he was less of a discount black Conor Mcgregor without the shit talk, he'd be more well liked (not a Kevin lee fan btw, just saying)
It's true I watched a training video of him in Thailand and just being a tourist .....he was actually likeable lol......when he is "on" for the cameras not so much

One reason is he’s getting inside heel-hooked by AL pretty soon

Lee has shown to be pretty good, thus far.

His top control is solid.

Gonna be interesting to see how the rematch with Al goes but yeah, he was pounding the Hel out of T Ferg.

Not sure how much of an issue the infection was but that 1st was nasty af.

Wouldn't mind a rematch with T-Ferg if everything goes well, tbh.
Was outstriking Tony on the feet, took him down and even mounted him. His grappling Is quite underrated as well.

His fight with Barboza was a clear Indication that he can go 5 rounds without tiring, so him gassing In the Ferguson fight Is a rare anomaly due to the staph. A healthy Kevin Lee beats Tony.

and he's only 25, In a few years I have a hard time seeing anyone beat him quite honestly. He's the future of the division.

He has power and takedown threat and he is an excellent finisher, and yes if he gets back control it's a wrap.

But I think he has a few technical flaws in his striking defense, probably exacerbated by the other threats allowing him to be fairly successful even with these flaws. He is a smart guy (at least fighting wise) and I expect him to clean his defense up.

- He doesn't feint enough
- he drops his hands when he throws strikes
- he moves in and out on straight lines too much

Fixable shit. In fact if he works level change feints into his game I think he could start confusing the shit out of people and get standing KOs. He could also adjust to a style that would lend itself better to striking defense, as an example Yoel, another big muscular explosive wrestler has looked tremendous since he has incorporated "cross guard" style boxing, he has fought 3 stand up fights in a row with elite strikers without getting dropped or ever being in serious danger. This is a great style to conserve energy on defense.

He has all the tools to be a champ in my book and I expect to see him with a belt at some point.
fair assessment

His offense from a technical standpoint Is coming along but he definitely has some flaws In his defense. So do most In MMA though with few exceptions. He's been with Mayweather's gym for a few years now so presumably he'll only continue to fill those holes In his game.

Back