4 reasons why kevin Lee has no future in UFC

Sounds like it from your original list that started all this. He can't make weight in his current weight class, but can't make a dent at 170, and has a glass chin? Hence having no future in the UFC. But you're not saying anything about him not being a good fighter?
a very good fighter that has problems preventing him from achieving big things in the UFC IMO, is that hard to understand?

If he hangs around the top 5 for a few years would you consider than "big" given that it's far more than 99% of fighter accomplish?
top 5? is that really what comes to your mind when you hear "big achiever or bright future" or trying to keep this argument alive by playing stupid?.

i feel like Lee might get rocked or caught on the chin a little more than average, but that could just a combo of the water weight he cuts and his boxing a work in progress

top 5? is that really what comes to your mind when you hear "big achiever or bright future" or trying to keep this argument alive by playing stupid?.

so what's your criteria then? Top 3? Champion?

By the way you worded it originally, very.
after a long observation, I've came to a conclusion...
Kevin Lee has the best Double leg, mount and RNC in MMA due to his insane reach
He's better than Khabib in those areas, but he's lacking in most other areas.
Most notable are Striking defence and offence (Great Kicks though) one-dimensional TDs (mostly double legs), glass jaw and he never impressed me against Strong grapplers like Trinaldo, Escudero and Prazeres

his next fight's against Al who has great double leg TDD should reveal a lot about Lee.
I believe he has a chance to finish Al with an RNC or a head kick KO/TKO
I don't think he can win a decision against Al, not in a 5 rounds fight

View attachment 481277

lol glass chin?

He's only been stopped via strikes one time, and he ate like a dozen shots in that one.

He and Tony BOTH rocked each other. They were teeing off on each other.

Getting rocked by a Barboza wheel kick doesn't mean you have a glass chin. The dude kicks REALLY hard.

Agree the weight cut may be an issue though.

But Lee is a legit top 5 guy at the moment.

I don't know if his chin is glass level but it's not good, he got dropped by a jab and seems to get rocked a lot.

1.He still makes weight.
2.Only tko'd once at 23 YEARS OF AGE
3..It doesn't need to
4.He will beat AL far worse than khabib "i have only takedowns form the clinch and amatuer striking".

It's really funny watching people spout stuff like this when Khabib has been known to use single legs for the majority of his career. Khabib can shoot singles, he can shoot doubles, he can pick you up from the clinch and slam you onto the ground, he can judo hip toss you and immediately end up in side control, he can judo trip you and I'm pretty sure he can judo reverse your own takedown and end up on top as well. Khabib has probably the broadest arsenal of takedowns in the UFC, to say that he simply has takedowns from the clinch/against the cage is dumb.

Big future or not he wont have any trouble getting past journeyman al iaquinta that's for sure

Kevin Lee vs Conor would be an explosive first round at 165

[<cena1}

lol glass chin?

He's only been stopped via strikes one time, and he ate like a dozen shots in that one.

He and Tony BOTH rocked each other. They were teeing off on each other.

Getting rocked by a Barboza wheel kick doesn't mean you have a glass chin. The dude kicks REALLY hard.

Agree the weight cut may be an issue though.

But Lee is a legit top 5 guy at the moment.
Nah man his chin is very suspect. He has been rocked and dropped a lot throughout his career. And by guys who are fairly average. People act like its just the Barboza fight but Lee has some serious durability issues.

It's really funny watching people spout stuff like this when Khabib has been known to use single legs for the majority of his career. Khabib can shoot singles, he can shoot doubles, he can pick you up from the clinch and slam you onto the ground, he can judo hip toss you and immediately end up in side control, he can judo trip you and I'm pretty sure he can judo reverse your own takedown and end up on top as well. Khabib has probably the broadest arsenal of takedowns in the UFC, to say that he simply has takedowns from the clinch/against the cage is dumb.

I’ve heard that Khabib is really good at assembling IKEA furniture too, twice as quickly as anyone else.

If 165 is happening he may be champ there.. I want Lee versus Khabib or a Tony Rematch. Very confident he is walking though Al in this rematch..

got a feeling AL is going to TKO him.

Back