4 new facts about JDS

Mike01010101a

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
I like JDS and Cain too. This fight finally showed new facts about JDS

1. He has great chin (it was a long time question here)
2. He is a real warrior (maybe this was known before)
3. His takedown defense is tested and good.
4. He has no groundgame. This is the biggest disappointment for me. No wrestling, no BJJ. How is that possible? 5 years with Nogueiras and BJJ black belt for nothing?

Am I right?

1, 2, 3 are correct.

4 is wrong. jds was able to return to his feet every single time cain took him down, and quickly. that is the definition of a good ground game.

He does have a ground game. The way he got back to his feet was impressive.

Edit; beaten to the punch.

1, 2, 3 are correct.

4 is wrong. jds was able to return to his feet every single time cain took him down, and quickly. that is the definition of a good ground game.

Plus, he wasn't really himself after that 1st round punch. He could barely stay on his feet for the next two rounds. How can you do jitz when you can't even hold your arms up?

But I'd add something:
He has a good chin, definitely, but no recovery. It took forever for him to get something underneath his legs.

1. Was already known.... his ground game seems to be more about getting back to his feet then subs but he does not show black belt bjj becauce he use alot of strength instead of techniqe

i would argue JDS gassed almost as much from defending all the takedowns and returning to his feet.

4 is bs. He was majorly gassed. That was the biggest surprise for me about jds. Very poor cardio

No bjj? He kept sweeping Cain every time, I was impressed by juniors bjj, it's not all about subs

Those weren't sweeps, but you are right it's not all about subs. The way he got up shows he has strong wrestling defense.

A couple of guys impressed with how he got to his feet. I'm less so to be honest.

He got up in such a manner it just meant half the time he just got put on his ass again. Plus he was giving up his back the whole time which just meant Cain could dominate him. I was not impressed with his ground game.

Shockingly you stated 3 positive things about JDS only to say something completely incorrect. The guy was virtually finished, still managed to get back up every time Cain took him down. I hate MMA fans. Cain sucked after the first fight. JDS sucks after the second.

I'm surprised Rogan didn't mention his chin being very high.

No wrestling? Clearly you don't know what you're talking about.

I like JDS and Cain too. This fight finally showed new facts about JDS

1. He has great chin (it was a long time question here)
2. He is a real warrior (maybe this was known before)
3. His takedown defense is tested and good.
4. He has no groundgame. This is the biggest disappointment for me. No wrestling, no BJJ. How is that possible? 5 years with Nogueiras and BJJ black belt for nothing?

Am I right?

1) His chin is mediocre not great
2) Fighters fight
3) His takedown defense is good
4) Correct

This is MMA, and shit happens. Cain worked the body, then the head, while continually going for takedowns. JDS couldn't keep up, and I really wish that he could have, but it wasn't his night. Just like it wasn't Cain's night, the last time.

It's not like he has NO ground game. He did hit some nice sweeps and scrambles. He kinda reminds me of chuck the way he just stands up and doesn't care if he eats punches doing it. I will say there are a lot of things missing from juniors ground game. He stood up from top posistion at one point. Very bad decision. He should have tried to work gnp since he only wound up getting taken down shortly after anyway

I think Cain neutralizes guys' ground games.

The way he spreads his base, keeps pounding, and uses his head to anchor seem to keep most guys still until they get beaten so badly they draw up inside their turtle shells.

1, 2, 3 are correct.

This is correct.

Also, think of the other fighters that Cain has absolutely raped on the ground.
Junior looked pretty good in comparison, even though he was half KO'd the whole time.

Back