4 fighters in the mix for Anthony Joshuas next fight

Discussion in 'Boxing Discussion' started by DeJulez, Aug 8, 2016.

1. DeJulez

DeJulez Broner Brodie

Eddie Hearn dropped four names that they are interested in matching Joshua with in November.

Hughie Fury (20-0-0, 10KOs)
    Joseph Parker (20-0-0, 17KOs)
    Kubrat Pulev (23-1-0, 12KOs)
    Bermane Stiverne (25-2-1, 21KOs)

I think Parkers fighting in October and Fury has a hearing about PED usage so that could be an issue, plus both fighters had issues last fight and are pretty green still.
    My money is on them making a Stiverne fight but I would like to see him mix it up with Pulev if the choice comes down to those two.

MC Paul Barman and nac386 like this.
  2. nac386

nac386 Gold Belt

That's not a bad group. I'd be okay with any of them at this point in Joshua's career. I would prefer Pulev, and Stivirne 2nd.

DaveDave and andyjeezy like this.
  3. KillerIsBack V2

KillerIsBack V2 Black Belt

Eddie doesnt know Hughie is facing a hearing for failed test like his bro Tyson? Kind of incompetant since it isn't exactly news
    http://www.skysports.com/boxing/new...y-about-anthony-joshua-fight-says-eddie-hearn
    They wont let Kobra foght happen for same reasons they made the Pov/bomber not happen, *tin foil hat*
    Parker has made it clear to us that h's pussied out.
    Stiverns it is, I guess. Blah, better than going through a row of bums and taxi drivers I guess.

4. Hi-Tech

Hi-Tech Slavic Fighter Double Yellow Card

Pulev would murder him.

I think he should go with H. Fury at this point.

5. Marc A

Marc A Being broke is being dishonest

I want to see him against Stiverne, name recognition

6. PUO3

PUO3 You are a can. Staff Member Senior Moderator

I like the Stiverne and Pulev fights. Parker is ok. Hughie gets eaten alive within 2 rounds.

Got Joshua removing all of their heads but Id like to see him work a bit for it.

ironfist05 and cottagecheesefan like this.
  7. ironfist05

ironfist05 Silver Belt

Why would anybody want to see Joshua get slaughtered by the HW GOAT? Wouldn't even be competitive

8. cocksure

cocksure Silver Belt

Hughie Fury? Fuck that.. but we know from experience its usually ends up being the shittest option:(

9. Goatenstein

Goatenstein Black Belt

No Butterbean? No Mike Mollo? No Audley Harrison? No Bart Gunn?

I'm all for seeing any fury family member get beaten brutally.

10. Crccr

Crccr Orange Belt

GOAT Pulev by first round knockout

11. Seano

Seano Hands of bone

huh, you guys aren't interested in seeing Joshua vs lil' Fury? I think that would be all right.

12. Cheese

Cheese Banned Banned

Ortiz.

13. cuban23

cuban23 Black Belt

Pulev is the best choice. Stiverne is very slow. One of the slowest fighters in history.

A Parker fight is too early right now. Having them fight in like 2 years would be optimal.

14. PivotPunch

PivotPunch Red Belt

Fury is probably the best option. I think Fury has massive potential. Pulev is the worst ioption. he has nothing to trouble Joshua with and because of his style gets ko'd early he doesn't even have a punchers chance.
    Stiverne and Parker would be good as well.
    I'm fine with everything beside Pulev

15. PivotPunch

PivotPunch Red Belt

Pulev stands straight up and gets hit doing so, throws about 3 punches even according to his own trainer, is not a huge puncher, can only fight on the outside and would get stopped brutally by Joshua.

Stiverne is a heavy handed, iron chinned (unless the Wilder fight took it out of him) counterpuncher with decent handspeed when he lets his hands go. He has at least a punchers chance.

Parker could go to war with Joshua but would need to get Joshua out early and Fury is the best pure boxer out of those and can easily go 12 rounds his chances are real if the fight goes the distance

16. PUO3

PUO3 You are a can. Staff Member Senior Moderator

Stivernes hands arent slow tho.

17. cuban23

cuban23 Black Belt

He got dropped by Rossy in his last fight. So the Wilder fight probably did take something out of him.

Stiverne has some boxing ability but he's incredibly slow.

DaveDave likes this.
  18. PivotPunch

PivotPunch Red Belt

Yeah he has no chance of winning a round but he has a chance of hurting Joshua. if Stiverne landed the same shot Whyte did then Joshua would be at least knocked down and probably finished.

Pulev stands straight up, fights in straight lines with his chin in the air, and he throws a jab a straight right and the occashional right uppercut, he isn't a huge puncher and he just seems like the perfect candidate for a huge ko. He would maybe win a few rounds but he#d get stopped before the 7th round

19. Canelo

Canelo Purple Belt

Stiverne should be bottom of the list, he is ancient and offers nothing stylistically for AJ other than probably being able to soak up some shots on the ropes for a few rounds. Having fast hands is useless if you can't get your feet in position to land. He doesn't hit as hard as some are making out either, Wilder managed to take all of his shots. If the dehydration stories are true then that could have played apart, but his KO record is built on KO'ing poor fighters, it's not as if he KO's top level guys.

I'd like to see Pulev just to see him get KO'd, that zombie guard would make for an entertaining KO I think.

Both Parker and Fury would be entertaining fights, I'd be happy with either of them. Anyone but Stiverne basically.

DaveDave likes this.
  20. DaveDave

DaveDave Blue Belt

I'm with Canelo, above. Pulev first, then the youngsters, & maybe Stiverne never.

Not only is Stiverne showing that the punches & being a fat fuck have caught up to him (Rossy fight), but I can never forget/forgive him trailing on points in the last round against Ray Fuckin' Austin, until Austin's natural uselessness came rushing back with about two minutes to go.

Ray Fuckin' Austin.

Also: Stiverne'd need a stepladder to reach AJ's chin, & unless they fight in Nevada he can't get a TUE for that.