4 day full body split

notshayndavis

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
I remember an article floating around the ewebz a while back that had a good 4 day full body routine. It was powerlifting based but really high in volume.

My googling mojo doesn't seem to be doing me very good today, so does anyone have a link to a similar routine or just advice on how you'd do one? I just keep digging up bodybuilder bs.

I'm not planning on switching to one any time soon. Just a plan to have handy to mix things up down the road.

DL, bench, squat, press - M, Tu, Th, F

Seems you might be talking about 5/3/1 in any of its various shapes and forms. Sound familiar?

That's what I was thinking too

Yeah you beat me to it too with the setup. The only other program I can think of would be Hepburn. (Had to look it up though to remind myself)

I wouldn't call 5/3/1 high volume.

TS, do you mean full body each day?

Yeah, it was full body every day. 5/3/1 doesn't sound familiar to tell you the truth.

Might it be something like this: THE PROVISIONAL MONTHLY PLAN - 4

I can't think of anything else that would fit the description. As a word of caution, this is a more advanced Sheiko routine, so if you were looking to follow sheiko, you definetly would not start with this routine.

Hmm does he mean Rippetoe's split program?

Mon: Bench 5x5/10 min break/ OHP 10x3 @65% Dyn Effort (1 min rest)
Tue: Squat 10x2 @65% Dyn Effort (1 min rest), Rack Pull 1x5 with 90-95%/Halting Deads 1x8 w/85% and straps
Th: OHP 5x5/10min break/ Bench 10x3 @65% Dyn Effort (1 min rest)
Fri: Squat 5x5, Power Clean 6x3.

Might it be something like this: THE PROVISIONAL MONTHLY PLAN - 4

I can't think of anything else that would fit the description. As a word of caution, this is a more advanced Sheiko routine, so if you were looking to follow sheiko, you definetly would not start with this routine.

I briefly thought about & then discounted the possibility that he was referring to a full body/day routine. Guess I should never ASSume anything:redface:

Back