3rd day and i tapped 2 people...:-D

I've been at my school for almost a month and still havent tapped anyone out. Yesterday's class was the first time rolling with someone and not tapping so i hope thats a good sign lol. Like stated b4, some instructors don't let noobs roll with other noobs because it can lead to injury and both of them really don't know what they're doing. And also, if you find yourself matched up with people who have more than like 6 months of training on you, be prepared to only defend yourself.

I put Jesus in an armbar one time, but he didn't wanna tap.

Awesome keep it up. I didn't have my first legit tap until the end of my first month (Against another white belt). December makes this my 4th month and I have tapped two blue belts about 2 times each and have been giving everybody a tough time now. I'm at the point where the blues can't tap me but I have been learning fairly quickly, going a lot and buying a lot of instructionals :)

Congrats again bro

I had the same expereince when I was first starting. Over time it kind of went away though because people just get better. I have good luck with some wrestlers for some reason.

I trained with team bison once and they just shot any jiu jitsu attempts to shit.

Bama Zulu said:
Awesome keep it up. I didn't have my first legit tap until the end of my first month (Against another white belt). December makes this my 4th month and I have tapped two blue belts about 2 times each and have been giving everybody a tough time now. I'm at the point where the blues can't tap me but I have been learning fairly quickly, going a lot and buying a lot of instructionals :)

Congrats again bro

The times a white belt tapped me was when they severly outweighed me or outmuscled me. I don't know the weight difference between you and those blues but I think sometimes its unfair to say so and so tapped a blue belt(and your a white) if they are completely outmatched in strength. For example, yesterday we did this drill where we paired up and tried to gi choke each other from the mount. This one guy is a 270 lb football player and he caught me once. I tried not to bump him off and I just tried to defend using my arms. His pure strength just overwhelmed me( Im about 156).

Thanks for all the feedback guys.

1. I do know what a lot of subs look like, but i dont attempt them, i read/look at them so i know what to look for when people are trying it on me.

2. The guys that i tapped werent "going easy" on me, they kept complementing me on my strength and technique.

3. I have rolled b4 i joined my gym, just with friends who were higher belts (almost blue belts), so i had an edge going into class, i already had the armbar,triangle pretty much down. The arm triangle...isnt that hard.

Again thanks for all the feedback, i look forward to keeping u guys updated ( odds are it will be more of me getting tapped, then me tapping other people).

VTJas81 said:
The times a white belt tapped me was when they severly outweighed me or outmuscled me. I don't know the weight difference between you and those blues but I think sometimes its unfair to say so and so tapped a blue belt(and your a white) if they are completely outmatched in strength. For example, yesterday we did this drill where we paired up and tried to gi choke each other from the mount. This one guy is a 270 lb football player and he caught me once. I tried not to bump him off and I just tried to defend using my arms. His pure strength just overwhelmed me( Im about 156).

I'm 220, 6'3. Natural strength from football. I don't really hit the weights that much, the blue belts I have tapped were 190 and 210. But you know what's funny this one purple who is like 160-170 is a fucking demon on the mat and taps me left and right.

I understand what you mean about heavily outmatched. There is two guys in my class that are both 300+lbs and most of it's muscle. It sucks going against them.

Cnyle33 said:
It was freaking rad. The first guy i tapped it was his 3rd day also, we roled for a little then i put him in a triangle. We rolled again then i put in in a arm-triangle, then a RNC. The second guy was huge like 210 (im only 170), and i put him in a RNC, he then tapped me twice with an armbar. This thread really doesnt have a point i am just stoked.
I'd love to spar you on your fourth day. Show you what a brutal ass-romping is.

. . .

I jest.

if rickson gets tapped in the forest with nobody around to see, does it count ?

Commissar said:
I'd love to spar you on your fourth day. Show you what a brutal ass-romping is.

. . .

I jest.

I got my fair share of "ass-romping" though. im going back 2morrow for another class, im sure it wont be the same....

man, im glad the guys in my school aren't like you guys. the guy is just stoked, let him enjoy it.

My first choke was a guillotine when other guy shot in on the ground...
then I managed a kneebar on a seminar on a blackbelt...
but most things I got in the beginning were guillotines.
didnt manage triangle choke for a long time, maybe cause my legs are kinda short it's hard to get it vertical on the big guys.
on girls well... i could do anything cause they are mostly easy to overpower.

Congrats on the subs but yo ureally need to redefine your expectations if you think it will happen most classes.

Define a good day by learning something and avoiding more submissions and getting better at controling postion otherwise you are setting yourself up for failure by frustration.

That is unless all the other people at your school just started as well.

I have been training 5 months now and even with a huge weight advantage over most in main class i go to am still happy with mainting postion, avoiding subs and pulling gaurd and trying to work on that.
With my strength and weight advantage sure i can pull out a few subs over the other white belts that have been there longer and the lower blues but what does that teach me?

Just get happy with improvig your tech and taking stuff that is offered dont force subs or you will end up with bad habits and people taping because you are crushing their jaw or simply otherwise making them uncomfortable that simply will not fly in other situations but will make you think you are good anyhow.

Cnyle33 said:
Bama Zulu > Fedor

1st round arm bar.

Hell nah, I got years to go before I start tapping people of that caliber. Actually that isn't even imaginable!

haha you people all suck!i subbed a blue belt my 4th day in bjj.

Congrats. You certainly appear to be a grappling phenom of truly extraordinary pedigree. Be careful with your powerful skills and, for heavens sake, please use them only to do good.

Reminds me of saying I got from my old pappy..."Sometimes you get the bear, sometimes the bear gets you".

What it means is that you shouldn't get too happy about your victories and you shouldn't get too down about your defeats(and you will have defeats).

In BJJ it is all relative...you might be good compared to one guy and completely suck ass versus the next.

Letting the ego go is the hardest part of BJJ.

Back