3rd day and i tapped 2 people...:-D

Cnyle33

Blue Belt
Reaction score
It was freaking rad. The first guy i tapped it was his 3rd day also, we roled for a little then i put him in a triangle. We rolled again then i put in in a arm-triangle, then a RNC. The second guy was huge like 210 (im only 170), and i put him in a RNC, he then tapped me twice with an armbar. This thread really doesnt have a point i am just stoked.

Cnyle33 said:
It was freaking rad. The first guy i tapped it was his 3rd day also, we roled for a little then i put him in a triangle. We rolled again then i put in in a arm-triangle, then a RNC. The second guy was huge like 210 (im only 170), and i put him in a RNC, he then tapped me twice with an armbar. This thread really doesnt have a point i am just stoked.

Enjoy it while it lasts, the better you get the harder it is to sub people, that is of course if they keep with it.

they might have gone easy on you since youre a newbie

u tapped people with a triangle & arm triangle on ur 3rd day? thats pretty impressive can't say i've ever seen someone that new pull off either of those subs

It's cool, dont get too concerned about "tapping" people tho. It's good when it happens but i would be more concerned that my technique was correct while doing so.

if the guy you tapped had only been there 3 days then he might have just panicked and tapped too soon b/c he isnt comforatable with being in danger yet.....congrats anyways though. Like someone else said id be more concerned with position transitions then subs. The subs will come to you if your technique and positions are down.

Congrats. When you become better you start enjoy sucsessful sweeps, taking the back and positioning more....atleast I do.

Cynic said:
Congrats. When you become better you start enjoy sucsessful sweeps, taking the back and positioning more....atleast I do.

I realized that tonight, in fact. I was rolling and I was really just playing around looking for a sweep and if the oppurtunity for a triangle/armbar appeared, I'd take it, but I was loving life just waiting for a mistake and sweep.

I tapped 1,000 blackbelts my first day, but only like 3 whitebelts my second.

I started about 2 months ago, and I never tap anybody. But I'm happy, this means that the skill level at my school is good, so hopefully I'll get good too.

I really wouldn't be doing anything that you haven't been taught yet. You will develop bad habits that will haunt you later. If you had covered armbars, triangles, and arm triangles, so be it.

Congrats, use that as motivation. Like someone said already though, the more subs you know the longer/harder it will be to sub someone, i guess thats a theory but hell i buy it.

It took me a long time to tap anybody at my gym, I would estimate 6 months. Mostly because I was the newest guy in the matt for a long time and all my training partners had a lot of experience.

apapen said:
It took me a long time to tap anybody at my gym, I would estimate 6 months. Mostly because I was the newest guy in the matt for a long time and all my training partners had a lot of experience.

Same here. Also my instructor does not like the newbies roling with newbies. Even though he knows that I've done Judo for years, he puts me with the blues and purples so I estimate I won't be able to sub anyone for months and months. It does make you improve really fast getting your but kicked constantly though. Plus I get to work on my sweeps and escapes a whole lot!

I tapped another new student just rolling after class so i know I could sub the other new guys, but I'ld rather play with the big boys off the bat and be forced to learn more quickly..

I've been going almost 11 months now and I still rarly tap anyone - but that because the guys that are there were there before me.

It's not about how many people in your class you tap but how you progress/do againsed people in comps.

Resendiz said:
Congrats, use that as motivation. Like someone said already though, the more subs you know the longer/harder it will be to sub someone, i guess thats a theory but hell i buy it.

I believe that too. I try to set myself at least one sub to try from each position if not only one sub from one position at sparring. I find it helps me drill the technique better whereas I used to read endless techniques on the net for my next session & be baffled with all the info my head when it got aroudn to training.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ljae89
Back