3D printing. Anyone do it?

What is that?

Ever consider taking measurements and creating the .stl file yourself via simple to use Tinkercad?
dxD2GUo.jpg

It's for the NES. This is the R.O.B. (robotic operating buddy) I have the robot and the game all I need is this stuff.
857OFQ5.jpg

I think this is the program for it.
https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:2399494
I have just never met anyone who had a printer. I want to see the printer work and if the disks are to heavy for it to pick up they have to be hallow so I kinda need to test it.

dxD2GUo.jpg

It's for the NES. This is the R.O.B. (robotic operating buddy) I have the robot and the game all I need is this stuff.
857OFQ5.jpg

I think this is the program for it.
https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:2399494
I have just never met anyone who had a printer. I want to see the printer work and if the disks are to heavy for it to pick up they have to be hallow so I kinda need to test it.
You could probably make the .stl 3D model file in Tinkercad, but it would take multiple steps. The way it works is you use their tools to make a shape, then make another shape but set that as empty space, then position the hollow space into the solid shape, then output it so the whole thing is one solid piece. Repeat the process for the "handles", then rotate it and combine the finalized output with the round part, then finalize that.

You could google UPS Store 3D printing or some office supply store to find their list of stores that offer 3D printing or google your local Universities and colleges to see if they offer this to the general public for a small fee. There are also people in your area that offer 3D printing for a fee, or something like Shapeways website where they'll print what you need for a fee and ship it to you.

I bought my first 3D printer about 3 months ago after I found out how affordable they are now. My Ender 3 was the best $250 I've ever spent on a hobby.
It's very user-friendly, and there's tons of files online to download and print. I've been trying to learn some CAD and other modeling software to design my own stuff, but the programs aren't so user-friendly....
I'll post pics of some of my projects in the comments later on.View attachment 429321

Can I make AR-15s yet?

#fbi #nsa #cia
Not scared.
It's perfectly legal to print an AR-15 lower for your own personal use.
Since the dawn of mankind, FREE men have made their own weapons. Somewhere in the past, a caveman carved a club from a wooden log with a sharp rock.
Should we have banned or regulated sharp rocks and/or logs?
Anyone who makes such arguments today needs to ask themselves why they hate freedom. And then they should be ridiculed and shunned by the "tribe".

can i print a 3D printer with a 3D printer?
I think you still need a metal rod and the glass print plate and maybe nuts & bolts.

Ancient Aliens yesterday suggested satellite probes in deep space could just use whatever materials they find and make copies of themselves and multiply the satellites in space, as if it's so easy to find raw materials, process, construct.

I think you still need a metal rod and the glass print plate and maybe nuts & bolts.

Ancient Aliens yesterday suggested satellite probes in deep space could just use whatever materials they find and make copies of themselves and multiply the satellites in space, as if it's so easy to find raw materials, process, construct.
so is that a yes or a no?

Not scared.
It's perfectly legal to print an AR-15 lower for your own personal use.
Since the dawn of mankind, FREE men have made their own weapons. Somewhere in the past, a caveman carved a club from a wooden log with a sharp rock.
Should we have banned or regulated sharp rocks and/or logs?
Anyone who makes such arguments today needs to ask themselves why they hate freedom. And then they should be ridiculed and shunned by the "tribe".
It's illegal to manufacture weapons that can pass through a metal detector. You need to put a metal plate on that thing.

It's illegal to manufacture weapons that can pass through a metal detector. You need to put a metal plate on that thing.

I'll bet there's printer goo that is metallic or has metal pieces in it. That could work

I don't understand the manufacturing aspect but legally getting caught with one of these is a federal offense.

Even after you follow the law? I don't get it
If they require a plate to be put in there and you do that, then what's the deal? Getting caught with something where the rules were followed?

Most states allow a person to legally create a gun for their own use, as long as they don't sell it or give it to someone else (assuming it is made partially out of detectable metal, I guess).

Even after you follow the law? I don't get it
If they require a plate to be put in there and you do that, then what's the deal? Getting caught with something where the rules were followed?

Most states allow a person to legally create a gun for their own use, as long as they don't sell it or give it to someone else (assuming it is made partially out of detectable metal, I guess).
Federal law is where the concern lies. The Undetectable Firearm Act will punish any individual who manufactures or who attempts to or who provides blue prints for any weapon that may not be discovered by walk-through metal detection.

Federal law is where the concern lies. The Undetectable Firearm Act will punish any individual who manufactures or who attempts to or who provides blue prints for any weapon that may not be discovered by walk-through metal detection.

Ah okay. I already knew that.

I thought you were saying the law required you to put in a metal plate and then it was still illegal "if you got caught with it" (Lol)

so is that a yes or a no?
No.

You can't 3D print the wiring (metal) and the thing that heats the ABS spool material and the glass print plate the stuff gets 3D printed on and the metal pole the thing runs back and forth on.

Reprap is supposed to be 3D printer printing a 3D printer, but you can't 3D print all the components.

Back