Tom's River

West Linn

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
War Frankie

Holloway has been on a roll, but he's never faced someone with the heart that Frankie has. Sure, he beat a shot Aldo, but has he ever faced someone at the level of a Frankie Edgar? Does Holloway have what it takes to take Frankie out? I don't think so. Finally getting that second strap! War Frankie! And new!

giphy.gif

tumblr_oa45kolcJN1qa33wlo2_500.gif

PhonyDetailedAtlanticsharpnosepuffer-size_restricted.gif

ko-of-maynard.gif

Oh. I thought this was a thread about how shitty that dirty water guido town is

Max Holloway has proven he has just as much heart as Frankie, imo. Frankie is not going to out-heart him in this fight.

I agree with the sentiment. War Frankie. His movement, cardio, wrestling and overall ability to mix things up present an interesting challenge for Max.

Last edited:
War Frankie

Holloway has been on a roll, but he's never faced someone with the heart that Frankie has. Sure, he beat a shot Aldo, but has he ever faced someone at the level of a Frankie Edgar? Does Holloway have what it takes to take Frankie out? I don't think so. Finally getting that second strap! War Frankie! And new!

giphy.gif

tumblr_oa45kolcJN1qa33wlo2_500.gif

PhonyDetailedAtlanticsharpnosepuffer-size_restricted.gif

ko-of-maynard.gif

You forgot this one. Remember, Max destroyed Ortega. Frankie is a legend and a great fighter but he's over the hill.
tumblr_p51vp22xph1rofocqo1_500.gif

Max Holloway has proven he has just as much heart as Frankie, imo. Frankie is not going to out-heart him in this fight.

When max has one of the biggest come back fights in MMA history, a come back spanning over 9 rounds against an opponent 15- 20lbs bigger than him, then yeah, we can compare his heart to Frankie's.

Frankie is awesome, but was starched by a shot Aldo. Max has all the qualities in TS's list that Frankie possesses. This is not to take away from either guy. Both true MMA warriors.

Frankie is awesome, but was starched by a shot Aldo. Max has all the qualities in TS's list that Frankie possesses. This is not to take away from either guy. Both true MMA warriors.

Edgar is a beast for sure. Both guys have a tough task ahead of them. I'm amped to watch.

Seeing Toms River brought back old memories. especially sea side heights when frankie was running along the boardwalk.

Frankie is awesome, but was starched by a shot Aldo.

What had you seen in Aldo's fights by the time he rematched Edgar to suggest that he was shot? I chalked the McG KO up to recklessness.

I'm gonna go get the papers, get the papers.

Frankie chain wrestling might be a major key.
If you can do chain wrestling standing up maybe so. I don't expect the fight to be on the ground. Max by TKO or KO. If it does go to the ground Max is in trouble.

"Starched"? We have different definitions of that word. That fight was quite uneventful, and I think there's actually a legitimate argument that it could have been scored for Frankie due to pressure. I know Josh Barnett scored it for Edgar.

Just for the record, I agree with the decision, but I'm making the point that if one gets "starched" then nobody on earth can argue that they won (see Frankie vs Ortega or Masvidal vs Asian Can in Bellator as examples).

I love Frankie and he has a TON of heart and always brings it but man he's quite overrated. Holloway finishes him in the 3rd or the 4th.

Back