If Conor was a UFC commentator

PlatinumColbyCovington

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Not only would he do better than the current lineup, but he'd bring millions of more viewers to any event he's calling.

Make it happen Dana.

You nuthuggers are ridiculous but he would probably be pretty good. Doubt they could pay him enough now though.

I'm not so sure, I think he'd be a little over powering but who knows, he could be quite good as we only really see him when building up to a fight etc..

The guys on UFC Now would be really good, Kenny Florian, Cub Swanson, Alan Jouban etc.. they're always really great on that show which I reckon would transition over to commentary really well.

Tatiana Suarez and Brian Ortega are also pretty good on that show.

Good thread idea though as it would be interesting to see who other people feel would be good on commentary as well as Conor.

he'd probably say "who da fook is that" 9 times out of 10 fights.

I'm not so sure, I think he'd be a little over powering but who knows, he could be quite good as we only really see him when building up to a fight etc..

The guys on UFC Now would be really good, Kenny Florian, Cub Swanson, Alan Jouban etc.. they're always really great on that show which I reckon would transition over to commentary really well.

Good thread idea though as it would be interesting to see who other people feel would be good on commentary as well as Conor.

Agree with post of this, but Kenny Florian is a terrible commentator. Also a plagiarist which should rule him out of jobs in most related fields.

He'd just interrupt the other commentators and talk about himself all night

Shit accent. I'd take Bisping over that ANY DAY.

You have to have someone with a really out going personality for people to get in tune with...that's why I always like brian stann. i think dc is really good...cause of his personality...it's not so much how much you know....dom cruise is really technical, but I prefer dc over him..cause of his out going personality...same with rogan...bas ruten was another guy I liked...

The only time I'll mute during fights.

The only time I'll mute during fights.

Florian has called quite a few fights. I enjoyed his analysis and cool demeanor in the WEC days. Conor? He'd insert himself and his shite whiskey into every fight. He's too full of himself to be a biased commentator.

You have to have someone with a really out going personality for people to get in tune with...that's why I always like brian stann. i think dc is really good...cause of his personality...it's not so much how much you know....dom cruise is really technical, but I prefer dc over him..cause of his out going personality...same with rogan...bas ruten was another guy I liked...

Yeah, I think with commentary it's good to have a nice balance, like you always need one to mellow it out against the one that is really out going.

Cub Swanson would be that guy, Florian maybe a but more outgoing with Jouban kind of in the middle, they all provide some really great insights on the UFC Now show, it's a really good show with how they do all the segments and break it down etc..

I don't disagree with you at all by the way if it sounded like that haha I just mean how the guys often create a good little balance. If Cub happens to hang up his gloves at some point soon, I would like to see him on commentary, he'd be like the Jon Anik, Jon Gooden commentator with lots of knowledge and interesting insights and perspectives as opposed to the DC, Rogen etc.. who have this too but are more out going if you get what I mean who we'd have there alongside him, Bisping I guess is also another who brings that kinda DC, Rogan style to some degree.

Florian has called quite a few fights. I enjoyed his analysis and cool demeanor in the WEC days. Conor? He'd insert himself and his shite whiskey into every fight. He's too full of himself to be a biased commentator.

Yeah, I enjoy Kenny Florian, as I say he is good on the UFC Now show and seeing when him and Cub are there together you see what I mean about the contrast that blends nicely and creates a good mix as well as guys who really bring some great and interesting insights :)

Last edited:
He'd only talk about his piss whiskey and proudly boast that he runs Chucky Cheese.

Meanwhile, his partner would constantly ask, "Where's Clodagh?"

There's only one Dana but I see Conor as a good promoteur .

He should be président of UFC Europe league, we have a lot of talent here and we are fed up to watch live évent at 3am

You nuthuggers are ridiculous but he would probably be pretty good. Doubt they could pay him enough now though.
im a hater but would still enjoy the crap out of him commentating on ufc events. yes i think he would bring in extra PPVs aswell.

If he could do it without making it all about him, and that's a fucking huge if, I think he could be pretty good. He's very entertaining when he wants to be.

Every time he says fook you drink.

This is a new one. Bring McGod!

<mma4>

This is a new one. Bring McGod!

<mma4>

Back