Leon Edwards Says He's Going to Kill Masvidal's Titleshot Dream

Who has the fastest hands?

• Total voters

ReadWrite

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
“He’s making every excuse in the book. Every time I ask for the fight he’s got another excuse — it’s always, ‘No,’ because of something. He’s a journeyman of the game. He’s 2-2 in his last four fights. I see him as a journeyman; he’s had two lucky wins.

“He’s going around demanding things like he’s done something. Why won’t he prove to everyone that he’s one of the best fighters in the world? He’s talking like a gangster, so stop running off, stop making excuses and let’s make this fight happen!

“I’m one of the worst matchups for him. He’s nothing compared to RDA; I believe that RDA is a way better fighter than him. I believe that he knows that once he’s locked in the cage with me he’s got no chance of winning that fight and that would be his title dream gone.

“He’s doing everything he can to hold onto that little spot that he’s got to get a title shot, but I don’t think he deserves it. He needs to fight me.

“Just after it [3-piece and soda] happened when I went on social media, people were like, ‘He’s not about that life,’ and, ‘He’s scared’ — those people don’t have a clue about my life, what I’ve been through and what I’m like.

“[Masvidal] is a weasel; he’s not on my level. I’ll school him when the time comes, and I’ll show the world again that I’m the best fighter in the world.”

-MMA Fighting’s Eurobash podcast

Lmao this fool is so triggered, Jorge clearly living rent free on his head.

News flash Leon, nobody give a fuck about you.

Leon Edwards is a tomato can.

I hope Leon keeps going on about Masvidal. He will get the fight eventually, there would be nothing funnier than seeing Masvidal lose to Leon Edwards before winning a title.

Jorge’s career is that of a journeyman. That’s not really debatable.

Jorge doesn’t deserve a title shot from 2 wins. This fight with Edwards would get both guys closer to a title shot.

I'm glad this Brit can learn to love American food.

He's already craving another 3 piece combo.

Who deserves it more?

2-fight win streak OR 8-fight win streak?

That’s a tough one.

A7D9A567-BDE2-425F-AEC8-3C1E2609BADA.gif

Masvidal is a totally different animal then RDA. Edwards is a good fighter, but Masvidal will take it. And its not like he's scared Masvidal said he wants to fight him after he fights for the title. The question is who has faster well the Answer is Masvidal. Just look at him vs Cowboy and Till his crisp combos are a thing of beauty

Masvidal is terrified of Edwards.

And so are all of his newbie Man-crush fanz.

Hey Leon "Paulie" Edwards, we already saw the full sparing footage.

Masvidal should fight Nate Diaz in the battle of guys with lucky finishes in fights they didn't deserve to be involved with in the first place

well, it’s slightly better smack talk than calling him “George” in the RDA post fight ...

Leon is a dangerous fight for Masvidal. The problem is no one knows who he is and he wouldn't help Mas get a big payday. I'm not surprised he doesn't want the fight. No one with his current hype would.

I like both guys but Masvidal should avoid the Leon fight and just wait it out for his title fight.

No thanks, and Helwani needs to call it as it is and stop acting dumb as to why Edwards is getting no hype, his fights all look the same, just dragged out decisions, if he added some killer instinct instead of coasting then it could be somewhat interesting.

Askren was supposed to be a horrible match up that Masvidal didn't want to take too.

Leon makes it hard to be a fan.

Back