News Melbourne’s Marvel Stadium has finally been confirmed for UFC 243

Mortal Wombat

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
https://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/s...m/news-story/d773fff47755a7f223fcff09775a6c4d

Robert Whittaker is preparing to headline before the biggest crowd in UFC history — and the largest fight ever on Australia soil — after Melbourne’s Marvel Stadium has finally been confirmed for UFC 243.

The Daily Telegraph can reveal Whittaker, the UFC middleweight champion, is already being tipped to break a host of records when he fights rising New Zealand superstar Israel Adesanya in an October 6 blockbuster.

Despite the event being held on the same day as Sydney’s NRL Grand Final, UFC officials are bracing for a sold out event at Marvel Stadium, which holds almost 60,000 fans.

So Melbourne, Victoria to those that don't know, they don't follow Rugby League down there hence why they bailed on Sydney. At this stage I can only find Izzy Rob on the card.....

Robert-Whittaker-vs-Israel-Adesanya-480x240.jpg

LETS GO BOBBY KNUCKLES!!

how many were at the MCG when Holy beat ronda?
just checked it was marvel not the mcg and it had 56000 goers

Last edited:
Nobody wants to see gender bender. I wouldn't be surprised if only 5k people attended

I don't like the idea of stadiums for fights, it's just too big. The fight gets lost in such a huge place.

I will be watching the NRL grand final. Stupid putting this card on the same day as one of Australia's biggest sporting events, kind of defeats the purpose of having it in Australia.

https://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/s...m/news-story/d773fff47755a7f223fcff09775a6c4d

Robert Whittaker is preparing to headline before the biggest crowd in UFC history — and the largest fight ever on Australia soil — after Melbourne’s Marvel Stadium has finally been confirmed for UFC 243.

The Daily Telegraph can reveal Whittaker, the UFC middleweight champion, is already being tipped to break a host of records when he fights rising New Zealand superstar Israel Adesanya in an October 6 blockbuster.

Despite the event being held on the same day as Sydney’s NRL Grand Final, UFC officials are bracing for a sold out event at Marvel Stadium, which holds almost 60,000 fans.

So Melbourne, Victoria to those that don't know, they don't follow Rugby League down there hence why they bailed on Sydney. At this stage I can only find Izzy Rob on the card.....

LETS GO BOBBY KNUCKLES!!

giphy.gif

Bobby Knuckles gonna KO Izzy so hard Izzy will have to pick a gender.

LETS GO BOBBY KNUCKLES!!

Are you going to go? You know to make sure nobody is having any fun.

I will be watching the NRL grand final. Stupid putting this card on the same day as one of Australia's biggest sporting events, kind of defeats the purpose of having it in Australia.
Ain’t the nrl grand final that evening mate? UFC early then the NRL after sounds pretty good. You even confident your mob will make the grand final?

UFC are insane to peg this against the NRL. Then again, it seems like they are going to be run this one at a proper timeslot for locals, not to get the US PPV dollars. So all they might really want is a sold out gate. That should be achievable.

Didnt know Marvel comics had a stadium named after them.

Great fight. I think Israel will surprise a lot of people. Whittaker has not been very active and has be in wars against Romero. I'm aware that Kelvin did give Izzy a tough fight, but keep in mind Kelvin has dropped Weidman and Jacare he's a threat to any MW and Israel was very close to finishing him. I'm picking Israel to become the new MW champion via UD win.

Been to two at Rod Laver Arena (small, awesome) and one at Marvel (not awesome).

So won't bother. The atmosphere is awesome, but you end up watching off screens when there are 50 000 + people, it just can never work.

Good luck, but I'll be watching at a fooking packed pub and spending my $300 on booze ;)

Yeah and if the Rabbitohs are in the final then no way am I cruising all the way to Melbs to spend a fuckload of money when I can walk to the SCG.
Are you going to go? You know to make sure nobody is having any fun.
I actually tried to get on here yesterday but for some reason couldn't. It was no fun not to take away peoples fun.
Ain’t the nrl grand final that evening mate? UFC early then the NRL after sounds pretty good. You even confident your mob will make the grand final?
It will be a great day but if Souffs make it which is a high possibility I will go. Either way it will be a great day for Aussie sports. I think they saw the AFL final is a week before and Victoria doesn't follow NRL.
UFC are insane to peg this against the NRL. Then again, it seems like they are going to be run this one at a proper timeslot for locals, not to get the US PPV dollars. So all they might really want is a sold out gate. That should be achievable.
People get paid lots of skrilla to organise these things. You would think they wont fuck it up.

Great fight. I think Israel will surprise a lot of people. Whittaker has not been very active and has be in wars against Romero. I'm aware that Kelvin did give Izzy a tough fight, but keep in mind Kelvin has dropped Weidman and Jacare he's a threat to any MW and Israel was very close to finishing him. I'm picking Israel to become the new MW champion via UD win.
I'm loving the fact now Sherdog has belief in Bobby because for ages he was just never meant to win. Much of the reason I like him. But people sleeping on Izzy hard. I think its a 50/50 fight. Izzy was a couple of shots away from finishing Gas. Robs been caught by an elusive striker before. Gas was close to finishing Izzy with a blitz but then decided to stall. Very intriguing match up. If Bobby loses I won't be that upset because Izzy will actually fight a fuck load. One reason I can understand sherdoggers being frustrated with Knuckles.

Been to two at Rod Laver Arena (small, awesome) and one at Marvel (not awesome).

So won't bother. The atmosphere is awesome, but you end up watching off screens when there are 50 000 + people, it just can never work.

Good luck, but I'll be watching at a fooking packed pub and spending my $300 on booze ;)
Haven't been to either of them. Pretty heart broken its not here in Sydney because we have been waiting for ages. Why they cant push it back a week!?

Yeah and if the Rabbitohs are in the final then no way am I cruising all the way to Melbs to spend a fuckload of money when I can walk to the SCG.

I actually tried to get on here yesterday but for some reason couldn't. It was no fun not to take away peoples fun.

It will be a great day but if Souffs make it which is a high possibility I will go. Either way it will be a great day for Aussie sports. I think they saw the AFL final is a week before and Victoria doesn't follow NRL.

People get paid lots of skrilla to organise these things. You would think they wont fuck it up.

I'm loving the fact now Sherdog has belief in Bobby because for ages he was just never meant to win. Much of the reason I like him. But people sleeping on Izzy hard. I think its a 50/50 fight. Izzy was a couple of shots away from finishing Gas. Robs been caught by an elusive striker before. Gas was close to finishing Izzy with a blitz but then decided to stall. Very intriguing match up. If Bobby loses I won't be that upset because Izzy will actually fight a fuck load. One reason I can understand sherdoggers being frustrated with Knuckles.

Haven't been to either of them. Pretty heart broken its not here in Sydney because we have been waiting for ages. Why they cant push it back a week!?
Dude that is weak AF. I fly over from Perth every event and make a weekend out of it. How are you even on this website ? That being said, I'll probably fly over anyway, so lets meet up for a beer if you're around, love to meet some fellow Aus sher-nerds

Dude that is weak AF. I fly over from Perth every event and make a weekend out of it. How are you even on this website ? That being said, I'll probably fly over anyway, so lets meet up for a beer if you're around, love to meet some fellow Aus sher-nerds
LOL! Yeah me and some dudes are talking about going but its a 2K weekend. And if its on Sunday and we have to work on Monday means we cant get smashed and then go get a fucking flight after. Takes away the fun. But 100% down for a beer bro. When I lived in Perth I used to go to a bar over there that got packed. Cant remember the name. Great atmosphere.

Depending on who makes the final will decide what I will watch. I will be drunk that's for sure.

Back