Veteran vs Veteran fights, who would you like to see? (as opposed to these new cats vs a veteran).

GSP Rush

Black Belt
Platinum Member
Reaction score
I was just reading about Urijah Faber talking about how he wanted his comeback to be Kron Gracie yet this fight has gone to Cub Swanson and as we know Urijah beat Ricky Simon recently.

However this got me thinking, what if we had a veteran vs veteran fight, for example Urijah Faber vs Cub Swanson for his comeback instead?

Of course, we all know why they give Ricky Simon, Kron Gracie etc.. to give the young talent names under their belts however what if we had a veteran vs veteran fight instead?

I mean when did we last have a veteran vs veteran fight and how would you feel about Faber vs Swanson or any other long term fighters you would like to see against each other as opposed to these new comers all the time.

I thought this could be quite interesting to hear what you guys think about this.

I was just reading about Urijah Faber talking about how he wanted his comeback to be Kron Gracie yet this fight has gone to Cub Swanson and as we know Urijah beat Ricky Simon recently.

However this got me thinking, what if we had a veteran vs veteran fight, for example Urijah Faber vs Cub Swanson for his comeback instead?

Of course, we all know why they give Ricky Simon, Kron Gracie etc.. to give the young talent names under their belts however what if we had a veteran vs veteran fight instead?

I mean when did we last have a veteran vs veteran fight and how would you feel about Faber vs Swanson or any other long term fighters you would like to see against each other as opposed to these new comers all the time.

I thought this could be quite interesting to hear what you guys think about this.

Silva vs Teh Chris 3 needs to happen.

Silva Sonnen 3

Yeah, was that the last one? I'm trying to think, that was around 2011/2012 I think right?

I know why we have these fights with the new cats more so than anything but these are quite different too to have these I reckon now and again and I'm sure there's a few out there too.

I wonder how it would have been if Urijah would have been booked against Cub Swanson for his comeback instead.

Simon can fight Gracie lol

Fedor vs DC
Wanderlei Silva vs Rampage Jackson
Nick Diaz vs Carlos Condit
Nick Diaz vs Diego Sanchez
Anderson Silva vs Chael Sonnen
Josh Barnett vs Fedor

Fedor vs DC
Wanderlei Silva vs Rampage Jackson
Nick Diaz vs Carlos Condit
Nick Diaz vs Diego Sanchez
Anderson Silva vs Chael Sonnen
Josh Barnett vs Fedor

Awesome list, how do feel about those fights?

That's what I mean these veteran fights are really good.

Some how Arlovski vs Hunt hasn't happened yet

Some how Arlovski vs Hunt hasn't happened yet

There's so many, I forget about them half the time but I hear ya.

On a side note love your avatar by the way, I'm guessing you're going to be watching the Rocko's Modern Life Static Cling special that's coming on August 9th?

Jacare coming off that loss to a higher ranked opponent in Jack Hermanssen, might be time for a rebound fight and call on another legend. Its time for
Jacare vs Camozzi 3!!!

Jacare coming off that loss to a higher ranked opponent in Jack Hermanssen, might be time for a rebound fight and call on another legend. Its time for
Jacare vs Camozzi 3!!!

I forgot about that as well, that's the thing with UFC they put out so many fights you just can't keep track on them all (which I say as a good thing) ha

Back