Anyone else going to UFC 240?

MikeMcMann

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I know its a pretty ugly looking card. Not sure why the UFC is so determined to kill the Canadian market when historically it has been such a big supporter of cards? I know some will say GSP is gone but Canadians supported all cards in massive disproportionate numbers to our population historically and not just GSP cards.

I know @TheWorm will be there for both work and pleasure, and my travel plans have changed so I am thinking about attending now I will be home. Wondering if any other Sherdoggers plan to attend?

I have not bought my ticket yet. There are tons of seats left direct from TicketMaster. If scalpers loaded up on tickets, which historically they used to, they will be forced to sell at a significant discount to clear them out. I can already see resale tickets by people saying they bought and now cannot go, being discounted on Kijiji and StubHub and VividSeats and I expect the price to plummet by Saturday morning.

If any Sherbro's are going let me know and maybe we can all meet up. See if TheWorm can get us some backstage access ;}

I can potentially provide parking and a meet up place prior to the event if people are coming in from out of town as I live right downtown about a 5 minutes walk from the stadium.

6E1W01F.png

I'm kind of expecting crickets to this post as I don't think anyone is going.

Ya I'll be there too

The situation that happened at UFC 186 in Montreal might happen here.

The UFC has barely sold 25% of the tickets. They will probably move everyone to a seat closer to the cage to make the arena look full.

And then black out the upper portion. They only usually do this for small Fight Night events.

It is what it is.

220px-Max_holloway_pic.jpg

Ya I'll be there too

The situation that happened at UFC 186 in Montreal might happen here.

The UFC has barely sold 25% of the tickets. They will probably move everyone to a seat closer to the cage to make the arena look full.

And then black out the upper portion. They only usually do this for small Fight Night events.

It is what it is.

220px-Max_holloway_pic.jpg

i think you are right as I was wondering why, right now TicketMaster shows zero upper bowl seats for sale. I thought it strange they could all be sold out with so many lower bowl still available.

But StubHub has tons of upper bowl for resale. So I think they have stopped selling all UpperBowl directly trying to force anyone who buys to do so int he lower bowl and as you say, they will likely move everyone down from the upper bowl.

So I guess I could buy cheaper upper bowl seats and get moved to a better seat potentially. I wonder what they do if you don't want to move as not every lower bowl seat is better than an upper bowl. I prefer an upper bowl in Row 1 against the rail with unimpeded sight-lines and more leg room to a lower bowl behind a bunch of people and no leg room. Hmmm?

i think you are right as I was wondering why, right now TicketMaster shows zero up bowl seats for sale. I thought it strange they could all be sold out with so many lower bowl still available.

But StubHub has tons of upper bowl for resale. So I think they have stopped selling all UpperBowl directly trying to force anyone who buys to do so int he lower bowl and as you say, they will likely move everyone down from the upper bowl.

So I guess I could buy cheaper upper bowl seats and get moved to a better seat potentially. I wonder what they do if you don't want to move as not every lower bowl seat is better than an upper bowl. I prefer an upper bowl in Row 1 against the rail with unimpeded sight-lines and more leg room to a lower bowl behind a bunch of people and no leg room. Hmmm?
Wow thanks for letting me know.

My ticket is (or was) in the upper bowl.

They probably let me know when I get to the arena where I'm sitting.

And yes my ticket was upper bowl, front row. Great seats. Oh well.

For UFC 186 Montreal, they put a black tarp over top of the seats. So even if you wanted to sit up there, you couldn't.

For UFC 186 Montreal, they put a black tarp over top of the seats. So even if you wanted to sit up there, you couldn't.

Hmmm. If you like your 'forced switch' seats less I would consider making a bit of a stink. Say you bought 'better' seats as you like the uninterrupted sight-lines. They might just try and plop you into random lower bowl seats thinking everyone will be happy but then feel forced to upgrade you in the lower bowl to shut you up. Give you something you really do accept and find to be an upgrade.

Switch your seat without your permission is a break of the contract. I guess they could offer you a refund if you really said you did not want to switch but you cold arguably fight them to pay your costs of coming in for the event.

i would definitely push it if they just plopped me into random lower bowl seats even if they are more expensive seats. Can't hurt.

would go if that event was in a 3hrs car ride radius from where I live.

But only Because Frankie is my 2nd favorite fighter ever.

Do you prefer to sit on the upper bowl like I do? 1st row of the upper bowl in a lot of arenas is really nice. Thats what I try to get when I go to the tmobile arena. I was bummed when Ghatjie vs Johnson got moved down and I sat lower bowl but the place was almost empty.

Do you prefer to sit on the upper bowl like I do? 1st row of the upper bowl in a lot of arenas is really nice. Thats what I try to get when I go to the tmobile arena. I was bummed when Ghatjie vs Johnson got moved down and I sat lower bowl but the place was almost empty.

Hell ya i do.

For my money, its the best bang for your buck. You can see everything in the area clearly. Nobody sitting in front of you.

Hmmm. If you like your 'forced switch' seats less I would consider making a bit of a stink. Say you bought 'better' seats as you like the uninterrupted sight-lines. They might just try and plop you into random lower bowl seats thinking everyone will be happy but then feel forced to upgrade you in the lower bowl to shut you up. Give you something you really do accept and find to be an upgrade.

Switch your seat without your permission is a break of the contract. I guess they could offer you a refund if you really said you did not want to switch but you cold arguably fight them to pay your costs of coming in for the event.

i would definitely push it if they just plopped me into random lower bowl seats even if they are more expensive seats. Can't hurt.

i think I just may do that actually. Unless they move me to some amazing seat, I'll probably not be happy.

There isn't much buzz with people I know here in Edmonton. I'm personally not going (card is beyond shit) but I'm not sure how well it will do with casuals. Maybe well I don't know.

I know its a pretty ugly looking card. Not sure why the UFC is so determined to kill the Canadian market when historically it has been such a big supporter of cards? I know some will say GSP is gone but Canadians supported all cards in massive disproportionate numbers to our population historically and not just GSP cards.

I know @TheWorm will be there for both work and pleasure, and my travel plans have changed so I am thinking about attending now I will be home. Wondering if any other Sherdoggers plan to attend?

I have not bought my ticket yet. There are tons of seats left direct from TicketMaster. If scalpers loaded up on tickets, which historically they used to, they will be forced to sell at a significant discount to clear them out. I can already see resale tickets by people saying they bought and now cannot go, being discounted on Kijiji and StubHub and VividSeats and I expect the price to plummet by Saturday morning.

If any Sherbro's are going let me know and maybe we can all meet up. See if TheWorm can get us some backstage access ;}

I can potentially provide parking and a meet up place prior to the event if people are coming in from out of town as I live right downtown about a 5 minutes walk from the stadium.

6E1W01F.png

I'm kind of expecting crickets to this post as I don't think anyone is going.

Back in 2017, 16,232 people went to UFC 215 in Edmonton for this card:

Screen Shot 2019-07-23 at 10.54.50 AM.png

UFC 240 will likely sell out. Seriously, what else is there to do in Edmonton?

View attachment 620335

Haha. There is actually quite a bit to do in Edmonton in the summers. We have brilliant summers.

But this would be amongst the bigger events outside concerts.

I used always go watch MMA in bars to be around other fans. In the last few years i've seen the bars and crowds diminish to near zero. the few bars that have it, typically for bigger cards only, often have no one watching it. MMA has really fallen off here from the days when you had to get to a bar early or you would get no seats and the bars were charging for entry to watch it. As I said prior, I cannot figure out why the UFC is neglecting this market so badly by sending all of Canada the worst of the worst cards, when it used to be a huge draw here prior.

I see no way this sells out prior to this Saturday. Ticketmaster seems to have about 50% of all lower bowl and floor seats still unsold and the scalper tickets for the upper bowl on sites like Stubhub are huge. Soon those guys will get desperate and discount greatly thus sucking up all the direct ticket sales at Ticketmaster. As a poster just above said, they have been closing down sections of the stadium and moving people as they are are not selling out but want to make it look full.

The UFC has treated us Canadians like shit.

Anyone know when was the last stacked Canadian card? I can't remember.

View attachment 620335

I'd rather just go for a walk or to the bar than go to UFC 240 tbh. I doubt I'll even bother pirating it.

Then again I didn't watch UFC 215 either.

If the card was better, I'd make the drive. After the main event I don't care about any other fights. I mean the Fox card we had in Calgary was better than this PPV.

If the card was better, I'd make the drive. After the main event I don't care about any other fights. I mean the Fox card we had in Calgary was better than this PPV.

The one last year?

Amazing event. For a big Fox show, the card was great.

Calgary is a real nice city too.

Card is definitely aint worth the money they're asking for.. but i will certainly go to the weigh-ins!

If I was casual I'd do the same.

It's casuals who shell out 200+ dollars for crappy cards like this. My bro in law bought tickets for the last one and he's as casual as they come.

Back