He/Him
@plutonium
Reaction score
Or nah

DC said it himself iirc
I mean one guy broke the other in the first fight

then KO'd him in the second fight, and buried him

made him cry twice
Neither fight was really all that close, though both were reasonably competitive early

is this really just based around them not liking each other?
I mean if I beef with Ngannou and he beats the shit out of me twice, can we be rivals too?

Cormier really lucked out that his teenage girl emotions got him into this program and that people believed him as the good-guy foil to Jon Jones. Defined his career, IMO.

Nah, it's all fake imo

What is your definition of a "rivalry"?
I'd consider a true sports rivalry to be when two athletes or teams are competition for the same thing and both parties have shown they have a realistic chance of winning.

So Ali/Frazier? Rivalry
Duke/UNC? Rivalry
THE Ohio State vs Michigan? Rivalry
Messi/Ronaldo? Rivalry
Celtics/Rangers? Rivarly

jones.... DC?
<{vega}>

Would require at least 1 of them thinking there was a rivalry, neither of them do.

If you count the face off scrum it's 3-0 Jones.

Would require at least 1 of them thinking there was a rivalry, neither of them do.

If you count the face off scrum it's 3-0 Jones.
yeah good point that literally neither one considers it a rivarly

The absolute best two LHW and HW, they dont like each other, of course is a rivalry, its kind of sad that Jones has won twice, but the build up and fights itself have been very entertaining, i wouldnt mind a 3rd fight for the HW strap, no need for DC to kill himself trying to make weight, dont want another towelgate.

They're the only ones in the sport, ever, to legitimately have a claim to being the best disregarding weightclasses. So yeah, the rivalry are real.

Not really. Every time they have had a physical confrontation DC has been embarrassed.
Just like he said if it’s 2-0 there is no rivalry.
Shocked people want to see it again. Remember the definition of insanity...

Or nah

DC said it himself iirc
I mean one guy broke the other in the first fight

then KO'd him in the second fight, and buried him

made him cry twice
Neither fight was really all that close, though both were reasonably competitive early

is this really just based around them not liking each other?
I mean if I beef with Ngannou and he beats the shit out of me twice, can we be rivals too?
I'd say it is the most legit.

Its one of the best rivalries in the UFC history

Not really. Every time they have had a physical confrontation DC has been embarrassed.
Just like he said if it’s 2-0 there is no rivalry.
Shocked people want to see it again. Remember the definition of insanity...
I disagree.
2 Champions fighting for the top spot.

It is literally the standard.

Its the hors concours rivalries of rivalries

I have even made a thread about this being the one once. GOAT.

But yeah... i know what you mean. It depends on personal views of what constitues a rivalry.

For example, khabib vs conor is also a great rivalry imo, even though khabib made it look non-competitive

Last edited:
It's like people forget all the times DC was dominate in their fight. I mean dude is droping 40 pounds to fight jones in the only division he's been in his adult life. if you don't like the part where DC rocked jones and tripped him as he tried to flee tham IDK why you even watch sports.

Back