Will there EVER be an MMA fighter more FAMOUS than the NOTORIOUS Conor McGregor?

WarDosAnjos

Socrates of Sherdog
Banned
Reaction score
Is Conor McGregor the peak of mma popularity? The sport doesn't seem to be growing, especially when the UFC has to use Jon Jones as its poster child and barely ever cracks 300k ppv buys anymore. It seems to me there may never be another fighter as popular as Conor McGregor. Love or hate the guy, he made end up as the closest ufc ever got to mainstream before they fell apart

The guy in my avatar is an evil Saiyan!

evilsaiyan.png

Conman WAS a flash in the pan, long since extinguished

Maybe? It's certainly possible.

Given how mma is still in It's Infancy compared to every other sport, then I'll take a wild guess and say yes, they'll be many mma fighters that will be more famous than Conor. You just have to understand that we're still in the very beginning of mma.

Last edited:
Me.

Im going to be the greatest fighter of all time, 5 division champ LightWeight To heavyweight.....then become President of the USA and Change everything.

It's possible someone more noteworthy could come along.

Conor talked himself into a 100 million dollar payday with the world's highest paid, undefeated boxer. This is after he was the first UFC fighter to hold two belts at the same time. So the answer is a resounding NO.

every few years a big star comes... your rondas and conors... so possibly

I'd say that Ronda is more famous than Conor. But to answer the question, I'd say yes. The thing about niche sports like MMA and boxing is that there's often a bit of a lull between major stars. But somebody always comes along. And while people may hate on the ESPN deal, the reality is that MMA is now getting much more mainstream coverage because of it. So it stands to reason that a more mainstream star will come along.

Honestly, people like Conor and Ronda aren't really that famous. They're huge names in the MMA world (which is still a niche sport), and have minor name recognition among non-MMA people. Eventually, someone will come along who is a true household name.

Is Conor McGregor enjoying the way I stroke him off? The sport doesn't seem to be growing, like Connors 3rd member especially when the UFC has to use Jon Jones as its poster child and barely ever cracks 300k ppv buys anymore. It seems to me there may never be another fighter as lovely as Conor McGregor. Love or hate the guy, I enjoy giving him cunnilingus on the daily
are you the peak troll dog? I fixed it for you

Back