Media Ariel Helwani calls Leon Edwards the Tim Duncan of MMA

The Legendary Scarface

Record since UFC 266 : 51-34
@Black
Reaction score

Not sure if I like that comparison because Edwards hasn't achieved anything yet really, but I get it, He's well rounded, barely makes mistakes, fundamental , technique, quiet, humble, not much personality. Cool

That being said, I wonder what kind of other basketball comparisons we can make, for the NBA fans on here.

I got
Patrick Beverly and Clay Guida,
Russell Westbrook and Cody Garbrandt,
GSP and TIM DUNCAN...

U guys got any?...

Helwani just KenFlo’d me!!! I posted that immediately after he posted his pic with Timmy.

Effective but boring competitors in their respective sports... the difference is Duncan was an actual Champ and didn’t face the D-League

<seedat>

Flashback to that time Goldberg referred to Travis Lutter as the "Michael Jordan" of BJJ.

Ariel doesn’t know shit about basketball. Toronto wins a championship and now he thinks he’s an expert.
Duncan won 5 championships, Leon Edwards hasn’t even fought for the title

Ugh...That is such an awful comparison I can't even get started on it.

terrible comparison. the real question is who is the Ron Artest of MMA?

Tim Duncan is a consensus top 5 power forward of all time. Leon Edwards is not in the top 10 of the current rankings.

<DisgustingHHH>

Duncan is a top 10 player of all time.

5 rings
3 finals MVP's
2 league MVP awards..
Made First Team all NBA 10 times..

Slow your Roll Ariel..

terrible comparison. the real question is who is the Ron Artest of MMA?
fnEVfjy.gif

Ariel doesn’t know shit about basketball. Toronto wins a championship and now he thinks he’s an expert.
Duncan won 5 championships, Leon Edwards hasn’t even fought for the title

And Raptors best player is in LA now.. So much for a repeat..

leon edwards already the GOAT according to the GOAT journalist

real recognize real

I got
Patrick Beverly and Clay Guida,

U guys got any?...

Why do you say Beverly and Guida?? I'm not disagreeing yet, just curious. Beverly is crazy good at antagonizing and getting under people's skin. I guess both have very strong work ethic.

Back