Dana White's Contender Series 2019 Week 5: Tues. 7/23, 8 p.m. ET/5 p.m. PT PBP Discussion Thread

JayPettryMMA

Danger Zone Aficionado
Staff member
Forum Administrator
Reaction score
For those of you new to the series, every Tuesday from June 18th until August 20th, with July 2nd off, top prospects and former UFC fighters will compete on a five-fight card with the opportunity to win a UFC contract. Some events, only one winner gets a contract, and others, multiple fighters are awarded that elusive contract.

dwcs 2019 wk5.jpg

Dana White's Contender Series 2019, Week 5
Commentary:
Brendan Fitzgerald, Dominick Cruz
Broadcast: ESPN+ in the US, UFC Fight Pass Internationally
Start Time: 8 p.m. ET/5 p.m. PT on Tuesday, July 23

185: Ramazan Kuramagomedov (5-0) vs. Jordan Williams (8-2)
145: Terrance McKinney (7-1) vs. Sean Woodson (5-0)
155: Christian Lohsen (7-1) vs. J.J. Okanovich (6-1)
205: Jamahal Hill (5-0) vs. Alexander Poppeck (9-2)
145: Billy Quarantillo (11-2) vs. Kamuela Kirk (9-2)

Contender Series Weigh-In Results:
Ramazan Kuramagomedov (185.5) vs. Jordan Williams (185)
Terrance McKinney (146) vs. Sean Woodson (146)
Christian Lohsen (155.5) vs. J.J. Okanovich (155)
Jamahal Hill (204.5) vs. Alexander Poppeck (204)
Billy Quarantillo (146) vs. Kamuela Kirk (145)

1741.png

Previous Contract Winners:

2017 Season - Breakdown and Summary Here

Week 1: FW Kurt Holobaugh (R1 KO) and BW Boston Salmon (Unanimous Decision)
Week 2: BW Sean O'Malley (R1 KO)
Week 3: LHW Karl Roberson (R1 KO) and MW Geoffrey Neal (R1 TKO)
Week 4: MW Julian Marquez (R2 KO) and FW Brandon Davis (Unanimous Decision)
Week 5: LHW Mike Rodriguez (R1 KO) and FLW Alex Perez (R1 Tech Sub - Anaconda Choke)
Week 6: MW Charles Byrd (R2 Sub - Rear Naked Choke) and FW Grant Dawson (R2 Sub - Rear Naked Choke)
Week 7: BW Benito Lopez (Split Decision) and FLW Joby Sanchez (R2 TKO)
Week 8: LW Matt Frevola (R2 Sub - Arm-Triangle Choke), WBW Lauren Mueller (Unanimous Decision), HW Allen Crowder (R3 TKO) - as well as MW Bevon Lewis (R2 TKO) signed to Developmental League

2018 Season - Midseason and Finale Reviews

Week 1: LHW Alonzo Menifield (R1 TKO) - as well as HW Greg Hardy (R1 TKO) signed to Developmental League
Week 2: FW Matt Sayles (R1 TKO), MW Anthony Hernandez (R1 KO), LHW Ryan Spann (R1 Sub - Guillotine Choke), and WW Dwight Grant (R2 KO)
Week 3: WFLW Antonina Shevcheko (R2 TKO), LW Te Edwards (R1 KO), and HW Josh Parisian (R1 Spinning Back Fist KO) to TUF Season 28
Week 4: MW Bevon Lewis (R1 TKO) and FLW Jordan Espinosa (R3 TKO)
Week 5: WSW Maycee Barber (R3 TKO), BW Domingo Pilarte (R2 Tech Sub - Rear Naked Choke), and MW Edmen Shahbazyan (R1 TKO)
Week 6: LHW Jim Crute (R1 TKO), FW Sadiq Yussuf (Unanimous Decision), HW Jeff Hughes (R1 TKO) - as well as FW Chase Hooper (Unanimous Decision) signed to Developmental League
Week 7: LW Roosevelt Roberts (R2 Sub - Rear Naked Choke), MW Ian Heinisch (R1 KO), FW Jordan Griffin (R1 Sub - Rear Naked Choke), and HW Juan Adams (R1 TKO)
Week 8: LW Devonte Smith (R1 KO), LHW Kennedy Nzechukwu (R1 TKO) and FW Bobby Moffett (R2 Sub - D'Arce Choke)

2019 Season

Week 1
: MW Punahele Soriano (Unanimous Decision) and HW Yorgan De Castro (R1 TKO)
Week 2: BW Miles Johns (Unanimous Decision) and WW Miguel Baeza (Unanimous Decision)
Week 3: LW Joe Solecki (R1 Tech Sub - Guillotine Choke), LHW Antonio Trocoli (R1 Sub - Neck Crank), BW Hunter Azure (Unanimous Decision), MW Maki Pitolo (R1 TKO), LW Jonathan Pearce (R3 TKO)
Week 4: MW Antonio Arroyo (R2 Sub - Arm-Triangle Choke), BW Ode Osbourne (R1 Sub - Armbar), HW Don'Tale Mayes (R1 TKO) and MW Brendan Allen (R1 Sub - Rear Naked Choke)

Contracts issued to fighters will start at $10k to show and $10k to win, for around 3-4 fights. Other winners may be called to the UFC for short notice replacements or brought back for future CS events.

There is NO Snoopcast this season.

fc9RiCD.png

I am sort of curious what sob-story they'll give the Dagistanian fighter...

Father... killed by bears!

Dude trains with Chris Weidman though. Inexperienced, but has looked really solid in his kickboxing and wrestling.

I am sort of curious what sob-story they'll give the Dagistanian fighter...

Father... killed by bears!
And then he avenged his father by beating the bears in an international competition.

jean-claude-van-damme-kickboxer.png

hqdefault.jpg

I'm 2/2 now in good, exciting episodes since getting back to the UK. Hoping for 3/3.

I'm quite interested in seeing that Jamahal Hill guy. Any undefeated prospect is welcome at 205lbs.

McKinney seems the one to watch, though. The main event doesnt do it for me, for some reason.

Any nerds confirm this breakdown? Very limited betting advice on DWCS.

My old wrestling teammate Jordan Williams is gonna get that contract tonight. He's hungry!

Jordan Williams is a former teammate of mine at NCFA in Santa Rosa -- obviously I'm incredibly biased, but I really look forward to seeing him kick ass. I believe he will surprise a lot of folks and shock the Dagestani prospect. This is one of his toughest tests -- he only has one legitimate loss on his record as his other loss which was stopped due to cut was a poor stoppage in a fight where he 10-8'ed his opponent before it was stopped in between rounds. Anyway, hoping for a good fight regardless of the outcome!

My old wrestling teammate Jordan Williams is gonna get that contract tonight. He's hungry!
Hell yeah did you wrestle with him in Placerville? I trained with him in Santa Rosa. His wrestling/takedown defense is ridiculous.

Seems like the main event is a pair of bloated 170lb'ers, right?

Both seem to have fought almost exclusively at welterweight. I remember Williams vaguely from the last season. IIRC, he was a token grinding wrestler.

I just read that Jordan Williams is a diabetic without an insurance so he has to buy dog insulin to stay healthy. That's like the most American thing I've ever heard. I can't wait for the sob-story about it and how he's an inspiration to us all. Dana is such a good biliionare for giving him a shoot at that 10/10k contract!

Hell yeah did you wrestle with him in Placerville? I trained with him in Santa Rosa. His wrestling/takedown defense is ridiculous.
We wrestled together at Sierra college! He's a damn beast and tough as nails! I can't wait to see him perform tonight

I just read that Jordan Williams is a diabetic without an insurance so he has to buy dog insulin to stay healthy. That's like the most American thing I've ever heard. I can't wait for the sob-story about it and how he's an inspiration to us all. Dana is such a good biliionare for giving him a shoot at that 10/10k contract!
I believe UFC minimum is now $12k to fight plus $12k win bonus plus $3.5k for so called Reebok money.

Back