John Lineker vs Muin Gafurov in the Works for Oct 25

Did I miss something? Lineker signed with ONE that quickly after getting cut by the UFC?

What's funny is Muin Gavurov actually signed to the UFC this year, then ONE claimed he was in breach of contract.

We used to dream of the day when all the best fighters were together in one promotion. Today, not only is that dream dead, but I don't even give a shit. Fuck the UFC.

What's funny is Muin Gavurov actually signed to the UFC this year, then ONE claimed he was in breach of contract.

We used to dream of the day when all the best fighters were together in one promotion. Today, not only is that dream dead, but I don't even give a shit. Fuck the UFC.
UFC has let a few great fighters go. MIghty Mouse obviously leads the list. Rory, Bader, Phil Davis, Lineker etc.... They shouldn't be allowed to call their champions world champions. They are UFC champions. They are champions of a private company, that's all.

UFC has let a few great fighters go. MIghty Mouse obviously leads the list. Rory, Bader, Phil Davis, Lineker etc.... They shouldn't be allowed to call their champions world champions. They are UFC champions. They are champions of a private company, that's all.
DJ, Mousasi, Kyoji, and Larkin are indefensible.

It's a good warmup for John, but until they do Mighty Mouse vs Lineker. I doubt it will be too exciting.

Gafurov was supposed to fight Movsar Evloev in the UFC in Russia a few months ago, seems like they cut him loose when/if he dropped out with injury......or maybe something more sinister? Shtryov popped with USADA on the same card and was removed from his fight, then released, and straight to RIZIN.

I wonder if Gafurov also popped that weekend?

Ahh, okay. So this makes sense, ignore my last post on the topic, I missed this comment.

Gafurov was supposed to fight Movsar Evloev in the UFC in Russia a few months ago, seems like they cut him loose when/if he dropped out with injury......or maybe something more sinister? Shtryov popped with USADA on the same card and was removed from his fight, then released, and straight to RIZIN.

I wonder if Gafurov also popped that weekend?

Muin's ONE contract hadn't expired and he still had fights left on it, so the UFC contract was terminated.

It's pretty standard stuff. Bellator did the same thing with Rampage. The UFC does it all the time. It was Golden Boy Promotions' entire business model I think.

Besides, he's fighting Lineker and gonna get a title-shot if he wins, which is more than he would've gotten in his first two fights in the UFC, so it worked out in the end.

Back