Andrei Arlovski apologized for using homophobic slur, UFC responds

KazDibiase

"My style is kneeing people in the face."
@Silver
Reaction score
Former UFC heavyweight champion Andrei Arlovski has issued an apology for using a homophobic slur during his post-fight interview at UFC on ESPN 4.

Arlovski (28-18 MMA, 17-12 UFC) snapped a four-fight winless skid on Saturday when he defeated Ben Rothwell (36-12 MMA, 6-6 UFC) by unanimous decision at AT&T Center in San Antonio. “The Pitbull” was emotional when speaking to MMA Junkie post-fight, wiping tears from his face while discussing the promise he made to his son that he would be victorious.

Moments later, Arlovski sounded off on critics of his rough patch and anyone who questioned his ability to take damage by using the derogatory term.

“Once again I will tell everyone shut your (expletive) mouths about my ‘glass chin,’ so go f*ck yourself, fa**ots,” Arlovski said. “That’s it. I proved to everyone you’re f*cking wrong.”

On Sunday, Arlovski apologized for using the homophobic slur in a statement to MMA Junkie.

“I apologize to anyone I offended with my poor choice of words,” Arlovski said. “I did not mean to offend any one group or person. I am deeply sorry and will not use these type of words in the future.”

When contacted by MMA Junkie, the UFC acknowledged Arlovski’s inappropriate language.

“UFC is aware of the recent remarks from heavyweight athlete Andrei Arlovski,” the promotion said in a statement. “The organization does not condone any disparaging comments regarding race, religion and/or sexual orientation. We have already addressed this issue directly with Andrei and his team. This is an ongoing priority for the organization, and there will be continued monitoring of these types of situations moving forward.”

https://mmajunkie.usatoday.com/2019...e=smg&utm_medium=wasabi&utm_content=home-hero

I mean, to be fair..we've known that the guy's english has sucked since "Hows taste my peepee"

Good on him for immediately apologizing though.

tenor.gif

He shouldnt have to apologize for this but unfortunately we have many protected classes of people now a days... in the context he said it, it wasnt insulting to the LGBT people imo. But its best to cover your bases and just apologize.

I thought it was a direct quote from the Dana White vs the reporter lady

He shouldnt have to apologize for this but unfortunately we have many protected classes of people now a days... in the context he said it, it wasnt insulting to the LGBT people imo. But its best to cover your bases and just apologize.

Yeah, its clear he didn't use the word to actually attack any members of the protected and aggressively expanding LGBTQ Cult.

One of my favourite words. Do i dislike gay people? Love them.

I agree he wasn't even talking about people who actually are gay. It's a good business decision to apologize though.

I for one am glad that a role model like Arlovski has apologized to the many people I am sure he offended with his harrowing comments.

as long as the media doesn't get ahold of it it's no big deal if the wrong ppl gets sand in their vaginas over it then Arlovski is fuck'd.

I dont expect russian figthers to be PC. His apologies make me sad.

Former UFC heavyweight champion Andrei Arlovski has issued an apology for using a homophobic slur during his post-fight interview at UFC on ESPN 4.

Arlovski (28-18 MMA, 17-12 UFC) snapped a four-fight winless skid on Saturday when he defeated Ben Rothwell (36-12 MMA, 6-6 UFC) by unanimous decision at AT&T Center in San Antonio. “The Pitbull” was emotional when speaking to MMA Junkie post-fight, wiping tears from his face while discussing the promise he made to his son that he would be victorious.

Moments later, Arlovski sounded off on critics of his rough patch and anyone who questioned his ability to take damage by using the derogatory term.

“Once again I will tell everyone shut your (expletive) mouths about my ‘glass chin,’ so go f*ck yourself, fa**ots,” Arlovski said. “That’s it. I proved to everyone you’re f*cking wrong.”

On Sunday, Arlovski apologized for using the homophobic slur in a statement to MMA Junkie.

“I apologize to anyone I offended with my poor choice of words,” Arlovski said. “I did not mean to offend any one group or person. I am deeply sorry and will not use these type of words in the future.”

When contacted by MMA Junkie, the UFC acknowledged Arlovski’s inappropriate language.

“UFC is aware of the recent remarks from heavyweight athlete Andrei Arlovski,” the promotion said in a statement. “The organization does not condone any disparaging comments regarding race, religion and/or sexual orientation. We have already addressed this issue directly with Andrei and his team. This is an ongoing priority for the organization, and there will be continued monitoring of these types of situations moving forward.”

https://mmajunkie.usatoday.com/2019...e=smg&utm_medium=wasabi&utm_content=home-hero

<36>

Hilarious because we can all imagine how often Dana throws around homophobic slurs and other obscenities in closed meetings with fighters and staff.

he used a slur that is offensive to an entire class of people, so of course he should (and did) apologize. the word exists specifically to marginalize men as if they are 'lesser' than other men. you can't remove that context from the term when it is used in the manner he used it, which was in talking down to people (his critics).

having said that, it's as stupid to make *too* big deal out of it as it is to try and sweep it under the rug as if it was nothing. he clearly said it in the heat of the moment. the solution is to man up, sincerely apologize, and move on...which is exactly what he has done...so that should hopefully be the end of it.

It is what it is. I use that word excessively and I in no way mean it in the context of homosexuality. It's exclusively a term directed at bitches of all types. That said, it has an origin of slang and the people against which it has been directed are always going to find it offensive. The guy isn't directing board meetings, but he's in a position of public speech so some types of decorum should be expected.

Last edited:
Fuck who ever wants to fuck you, if you're a good guy you're a good guy..

Andrei is from a part of the world where homosexuality is punishable in many places.. i believe andrei is pretty open minded (considering suggestions of homosexuality/femininity is a standard slur in his language) as he even cares to address it.. pr or not..

That word is thrown around so much. Maybe assholes was a better word.
one of my co workers who is gay, called another one a fat f**.
i was like WTF, but i laughed

Right thing to do.
Gotta stay professional.

He has to let Amanda crack him once on the chin and then he's all squared up with the LBGTQ community

Back