Can't subscribe into this Walt Harris hype train.

FedorGOAT

Ultimate Fedorist
Platinum Member
Reaction score
Just an year and a half ago he lost to Werdum in 1 minute.. In that fight he looked like a total noob, an absolute bum. Also Werdum took that fight in 5 hour notice. I have seen white belts with better BJJ technique than him. Then drew with a bum British fighter, who got cut after their fight.
Come on, Knocking out an expired Olyneik doesn't deserve this much hype. Even lord Chael has a win over him.

P.S: This guy lost to Jared Rosholt, but somehow Rosholt is out of UFC.

Last edited:
knocking olyneik out doesn't prove too much, no. but at HW you don't need to do much to be top 10.

I wouldn't buy into the hype with him either, especially against someone who knows how to use strikes to set up a takedown/submission.

Alexy should have taken 6 months after the Overeem fight. He might be done now.

Maybe he is the perfect fight for Greg Hardy now.

Just an year and a half ago he lost to Werdum in 1 minutes.. In that fight He looked like a total noob, a bum. Also Werdum took that fight in 5 hour notice. I have seen white belts with better BJJ technique than him. Then drew with a bum British fighter, who got cut after their fight.
Come on, Knocking out an expired Olyneik doesn't deserve this much hype. Even lord Chael has a win over him.

no shame in losing to a season vet (werdum), but i agree- we need to see more out of him before proclaiming him as the next great thing.

i noticed he has multiple gold glove titles, as well as received tryouts from the nba, so he does appear to be physically gifted.

Just because he won doesn't mean there is a hype train. He's been improving lately, that doesn't mean he's some UFC Hype job that will fold when he faces true competition

There's a hype train?

any time a relatively unknown fighter puts on a dominant performance, sherdog is filled with threads about how that fighter is the next big ticket

Just because he won doesn't mean there is a hype train. He's been improving lately, that doesn't mean he's some UFC Hype job that will fold when he faces true competition
I have seen him fold like a lawn chair against Werdum absolute amateurish, P.S Vai Cavalo isn't known for his wrestling but he went through harris like a knife through butter.

I have seen him fold like a lawn chair against Werdum absolute amateurish, P.S Vai Cavalo isn't known for his wrestling but he went through harris like a knife through butter.

Hope you realize he took the fight on one days notice right? I think it actually happened the day of the fight

https://www.dailynews.com/2017/10/0...is-injured-fight-vs-fabricio-werdum-canceled/

He had no time to prepare for the fight and was essentially tossed in there to lose

He asked where is the hype train, and you answered with (and I paraphrase) "but he isn't even very good!!1!"

In the last 2 days I've been online once or twice and saw a few thousand threads about Leon Edwards, but I didn't see any about Walt Harris. I'm sure there must have been a few, but a hype train?

So again, are you sure there is even a hype train you're refusing to jump on? Or are you just being ironically preemptive?

He asked where is the hype train, and you answered with (and I paraphrase) "but he isn't even very good!!1!"

In the last 2 days I've been online once or twice and saw a few thousand threads about Leon Edwards, but I didn't see any about Walt Harris. I'm sure there must have been a few, but a hype train?

So again, are you sure there is even a hype train you're refusing to jump on? Or are you just being ironically preemptive?

To realise the hypetrain one has to notice not only the thread title, but also the comments made on this forum. Thread titles & amounts of threads are not the only indicators of hype trains.

lol short notice or not, that was a pathetic performance by Walt, he was soo scared and didnt even try

More than 3/4 of the HW division would never make it, on a skill or physical level, in any other men’s division.

That’s why Walt Harris, who is essentially just a hard hitting banger, can make it into the top 15

More than 3/4 of the HW division would never make it, on a skill or physical level, in any other men’s division.

That’s why Walt Harris, who is essentially just a hard hitting banger, can make it into the top 15

I mean Nikita Krylov absolutely mauled Harris & he isn't that big of a LHW.

Oleynik obviously just came in to get a check his last 2 fights. Both performances were lackluster and half-assed.

Back