Would Trevor Wittman be a better commentator than Dominick?

Anyone who's less combative in conversation with other commentators and is less robotic would be better.

Just because someone has an in depth knowledge of mma, doesn't mean they'll make a good commentator.

What's his back ground?
I figured he was just an elected chair sitter but he actually explains things in details

EDIT: Brain fart, was thinking of Marc Ratner, the VP affairs guy who chimes in on ruling.

Cruz was awful. Awkward, wrong, talks like a child, gets lost in his own narrative. Not only does he not add anything to the card, but he makes it less enjoyable.

I dont find Cruz to be utterly terrible but he does hit moments where he makes me shake my head...not necessarily in the same kind of what a retard way that Goldberg used to...Anik needs to go first and foremost....then we can revisit Dom's evaluation

You know what, I'm willing to admit when I'm wrong. I thought I wanted deep technical analysis in fights, but now having experienced it, I really don't. The occasional insight is nice but most of the time what I really want is a nice voice, good humor, and excitement. It's like I already got the fries, I don't want more fries, I just want some ketchup. I want someone like Bas or Stephen Quadros or the gold standard himself.

epljk2ia_400x400.jpg

Fuck it, bring in Larry Merchant.

Mayweather-Merchant.jpg

My ass farting through a harmonica would sound better than cruz

Cruz was awful. Awkward, wrong, talks like a child, gets lost in his own narrative. Not only does he not add anything to the card, but he makes it less enjoyable.
He is a very smart analyst and can def break down a fight but the problem with him is he needs to be purposely a little more stupid and he cant.
Most of us hardcore fans know what he is talking about, referring to and technical terminology but for new fans to the sport he talks as if everyone knows the dialogue and terms that he is using.

Thats why Goldie was great. He was straight and to the point ...."What a punch to the face, his nose is bleeding!"
as opposed to Dom "He is still trying to get those under hooks but he needs to realize its the end of the round and lack of conditioning makes a coward of us all."

Cruz and DC are both awful. Bisping surprised me, Felder does a good job too.

Trevor trained a Champion yet comes off as clueless. Use to like Cruz on color, that ship has sailed. Whitman certainly isn't the answer though.
I prefer Anik and Felder as the 2 man team myself.

Just put Dan Hardy on every card alongside with John Gooden, way better than anything else the UFC has to offer.

Last edited:
Replace Dominic cruz with cm punk, I'm not joking, if you've listened to him commentate before you know what I'm talking about, he's actually a very good commentator and could bring some personality into the UFC, shitty fighting ability aside he has a passion for MMA that's undeniable or else he wouldn't have done what he did.

Just out Dan Hardy on every card alongside with John Gooden, way better than anything else the UFC has to offer.
I forgot Hardy when I made my Dom thread but he is leagues ahead of Cruz as well

Replace Dominic cruz with cm punk, I'm not joking, if you've listened to him commentate before you know what I'm talking about, he's actually a very good commentator and could bring some personality into the UFC, shitty fighting ability aside he has a passion for MMA that's undeniable or else he wouldn't have done what he did.
I for one would love to hear it. He got his ass kicked as the ultimate job interview. Do it DANNA

I forgot Hardy when I made my Dom thread but he is leagues ahead of Cruz as well
him and Gooden are great man. Gooden actually trains in several disciplines as well so having the play by play guy actually know what the fuck he is saying is great.

Was never a big fan of Dom as a fighter but consider him an A+ color commentator. His insights into this game are extraordinary.

Dom is the MMA Professor, DC and Hardy are undergrads and Rogan is the high school drop out.

Back