Dan Hooker Calls Out Al Iaquinta

Dan Hooker vs Al Iaquinta

• Total voters

ReadWrite

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
After getting beaten down by Edson Barboza in his last fight, Dan Hooker badly needed a win at UFC San Antonio to save face. The New Zealander did just that, as he went into enemy territory against the hometown hero James Vick and came through with arguably the biggest win of his UFC career to date.

Hooker needed just 2:33 into the first round to brutally knock out Vick and reestablish himself as a force to be reckoned with in the UFC lightweight division. Hooker didn’t waste any time calling his shot for his next fight when speaking to reporters backstage following the event, calling out Al Iaquinta for a fight.

“I feel like (Al) Iaquinta’s the one that makes sense,” Hooker said (transcript via MMAjunkie.com). “That name definitely stands out to me. Yeah, Iaquinta, October 5th, meet me in Australia. Get him on a plane.”

A fight between Hooker and Iaquinta would certainly delight fans as both men are known for standing in the center of the Octagon and trading with their opponents. Although Iaquinta is coming off a five-round decision loss to Donald Cerrone, he remains one of the top-ranked lightweights on the UFC roster. After beating Vick, it’s only up from here for Hooker, so taking on the higher-ranked Iaquinta is in many ways the perfect callout.

-BJPenn.com

giphy.gif

Great fight although look at what happened last time we threw Hooker to the top. I'm not opposed though

Cool fight. I'll take iaquinta comfortably. Always bet on real Brooklyn gangsta

Hooker all day long. Iaquinta is worse in standup. Hooker by SD.

Would Al even be cleared by that fight? Sorry, I can't remember when his fight was Cowboy was.

Paul Felder owes Dan a match too

Uhm, I got Hooker with one dem knees he fucked several guys up with before if this goes down

It was Ragin' Al who responded to Hooker's callout (asking no one in particular "who wants it") on Twitter

la-quinta-exterior-day-16x9.jpg

Fitting that Hooker wants to get railed @ La Quinta.

Back