Arlovski has one of the best chin at HW right now.

Fiestar

Sean McCorkle
@purple
Reaction score
Pretty much the entire MMA community was wrong about his chin, it's looking fantastic lately. 8 fights, 24 full rounds in a row without getting knocked out, impressive for a HW.

How come we were all wrong?

Pretty much the entire MMA community was wrong about his chin, it's looking fantastic lately. 8 fights, 24 full rounds in a row without getting knocked out, impressive for a HW.

He’s a rare old school breed

that would be unheard of that people on sherdog would be wrong about anything.

Helps when you’re not fighting A level guys

Let him rematch Ngannou and we'll see just how good that chin is

Said it for years but whatever

The KO’s he received would have knocked out anyone
Not one of them was a ‘bad chin’ moment
They were all bad defence moments

It's one of those rickson by armbar things at this point.. Arlovski glass jaw. Myths

When its was glass, it was glass.

When its solid, its solid.

Ten years ago, Arlovski would get put to sleep with every hard shot that landed on his chin. But now its solid, taking hard shots nearly every fight.

I'd like to hear a scientific medical theory as to how this is possible.

Dude was chinny as fuck for a while. He'd have Bambi legs from glancing jabs and he'd go to sleep if a brisk wind rustled by his jaw.

Let's not pretend we were wrong about that. We were very right.

Ten years ago, Arlovski would get put to sleep with every hard shot that landed on his chin. But now its solid, taking hard shots nearly every fight.

Can nerves become less sensitive, or evolve and change their pathways so they illicit a different reaction when touched?

I done two years of biology at university and learned fucking nothing.

Glass chin at HW is suspect, in general.

It's not a big surprise when something with as much force as a HW can generate KO's a fighter.

As an extension, I never supported the glass chin Reem theory. When fighters like Ngannou, prime Liddell, Shogun, etc, score a KO, it's some of the heaviest hitters we've ever seen in MMA, and might not be necessarily attributable to a glass chin.

hell naw, hes got a class chin. everytime he gets hit he's rocked aint shit change

Can nerves become less sensitive, or evolve and change their pathways so they illicit a different reaction when touched?

I done two years of biology at university and learned fucking nothing.

Neuroplasticity is well accepted. Neurons in the brain adapt over time, and nerves themselves can become sensitised. I've not read any research on susceptibility to knock-outs, but you might get some clues if you read up on central sensitisation in chronic pain.

Said it for years but whatever

The KO’s he received would have knocked out anyone
Not one of them was a ‘bad chin’ moment
They were all bad defence moments

Exactly this.
I don't think he has the best chin at HW like TS says, but Arlovski has never been clipped by a short shot and finished.

The madman just jumps into punches and sticks his chin out when people are front kicking him lmao

Usada

No such thing as "chin". You either get hit with the right amount of force at the right time or you don't.

Maybe he started training that neck really hard to help absorb blows to the head.

Back